Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm

I played this game on PS2 version and acquired all the characters but there is still ? person in other 2 categories..here is the list..Orochi, Da Ji, Kiyomori, Fu Xi, Nu Wa, Sun Wukong, Taigong Wang, Himiko, Yoshitsune, and the other "?" symbol. Who is this "?" person and how to get it ?
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:37 pm

That's Orochi X, the boss from all the Story Modes (save Orochi's own, of course). Orochi X is a more powerful version of Orochi. To unlock him, you must clear all the Story Mode stages and Dream Mode stages.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:23 pm

oh thanks for that info Xiahou Mao.
Some character like Yoshimaru Shimizu is still disappointed like in version 1. But the other new characters is good except Kiyomori..he is too weak and slow for the second bosses besides Orochi .
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Spike » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Kiyomori's pretty good if you stick some decent elements on his weapon, his C2 string is great then.
Spike
Sage

Unread postby gren » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:45 pm

i got all the main stories, done, just wish i had the rest of the drama modes unlocked. still havent tried kiyomori out in full though. just wish there was a lil more interaction between the characters though.
"what did we hit? space cow?!"
gren
Master Sleeping Treestump

Unread postby Cherry Coke » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:23 am

I have to say i like the dream modes....their so kooky i have to play them and i like the characters interacting and competeing with each othe rlike that. I just wish they would have them open faster or something i only have to finsih the samurai story mode and so many holes ar eleft in my dream mode... I really like warriors orochi 2 and the survival mode and character movies and all..there are only two things that gave me pause..one was wus storyline and sun jians hesitation..whihc i understand but i dont think it would honestly have taken the tiger that long to awaken. and secondly that himiko and da ji bit..annoys me. "ima little girl" " run Himiko run" "not without you"..i dont know..whiney much?? But then the movies make up for it because i love them :) I also like the addition of other figures from history even if it is a bit farfecthed..although they are in a spirit like realm fighting a serpent demon so...anyway..its kinda fun seeing figures from Chinese and Japanese history who have played important roles historically or mythically.
Live, Love, Laugh, Believe, Dream
Cherry Coke
Apprentice

Unread postby Dirt » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 pm

I think my only complaint is that this game is much easier than it's predecessor.
Dirt
Initiate

Unread postby Skode » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Dirt wrote:I think my only complaint is that this game is much easier than it's predecessor.

Yeah i agree there - not just in general difficulty as this can be dependant on favoured characters and playstyle (no longer is Mitsunari the killing machine with R1 abuse) but overall the unlocking of characters was far too simple and took a lot of the replay value out of it (save Shin Orochi but hes the opposite side of the spectrum in being too much hassle to obtain for the more casual fan who doesnt adore grinding) and i must admit it seemed lazy to have so so so many characters already unlocked at the start of game, i mean they didnt even bother to give any thought to Yoshimoto and his influence in the game. The treasures were also overall far too simple to obtain compared to most of the Personal Items featured in the original

Still i think its the better of the two titles myself for all the aparant dubbing down of its overall challenge (thus making it more accessible to new players which is maybe the aim they had with this anyway)
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:34 am

Huang Zhong can still spam his C1 - nice.

Ranmaru's voice isn't as ambiguous as it should be.

I'm glad for Sun Wukong - reason for me trying this.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Darian_TruBlade » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Does anyone know if the 360 version has a Japanese voice option? I've been combing the internet looking for an answer but I've only been able to confirm the PS3 version as having it. The issue usually causes a lot of hoopla despite its relative insignificance, so it's been surprising that I can't find an answer.

I've got the game in my GameFly queue because I was looking to answer the question myself, but everytime I return whatever game I have currently they skip it and give me something else.
"You flaming idiots!"
Darian_TruBlade
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games