Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Musuo Orochi: Rebirth of the Demon Lord

Unread postby Jong Quo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:48 pm

So No one has played this?
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:57 pm

EB's site seems to indicate that this is now shipping. Anyone got it? Has anyone seen it in stores? I'm going to swing by the local game place tomorrow for Kirby Super Star Ultra, but I'll check if they have this as well and probably pick it up.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:28 pm

It should be in most stores tomorrow. Might not make it to Canada until Thursday, we'll see.

Preliminary reports I've heard say the game has a lot of slowdown, particularly in final stages when lots of people are swarming around. They've reduced the draw distance problems from the previous last-gen games, but this has apparently caused the game engine to struggle. The 360 version suffers too, which seems just lazy to me. I'll probably still check it out eventually, but I'd prefer it if the port to the stronger system actually takes advantage of said stronger system.

(edit) Koei announced on their forum today that they're going to put out a patch for the 360 version to remove the slowdown. So that's good news. ;) I'll probably wind up getting it sooner rather than later in that case.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Jong Quo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:21 am

You are exactly right, I got this game last week, suffered from slowdown in the first few minutes of starting. But my Xbox is not online. Does that mean I'm forever to be plagued with it?
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:40 pm

I have the PS2 version but I never had any trouble with slowdown, except when in a few instances whe I was playing two player. Otherwise the game's been working like a dream to me.

GOD- The vs. mode is so much damn fun. It gets hard to get your character facing in the right direction but the soul calibur feel is really great.

It's even greater to know that certain characters, like Lu Bu and Tadakatsu aren't nearly as good in vs. mode as they might be in the regular game- they keep missing me =P

Steeplechase is charmingly simple- but I love tower mode, which my roomate dubbed "Super Smash Warriors." Honestly I kinda wish they spent more time working on these bonus modes than the story and free modes meself =P
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Jong Quo wrote:You are exactly right, I got this game last week, suffered from slowdown in the first few minutes of starting. But my Xbox is not online. Does that mean I'm forever to be plagued with it?

Do not worry. Koei.com has just recently stated that a patch will be coming to you guys for download on the 360. I don't know how long it'll take though... but it's coming!

@Kong Wen: I got my copy on the 18th which was last Thursday. I love all the newbies and their great voices. Do not expect any annoying quotes from them either. Even Himiko has a decent voice, none of her quotes have been made to make me think that she is very annoying and I hate hearing that line.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Stickified since this game is now out and to draw attention to it for possible newcomers that may be specifically looking for advice!!

Got this game today and have only had a chance to taste it really but I like it!! I've always loved the old movesets and have never had any complaints there!!
Woop woop Michelle Rufff and Dan Woren (not as the Kuchiki's this time) are still there at least!!

Have to do work but will give more in-depth opinion soon!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby Lafeel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:31 am

Yup, Dan Worren still plays Liu Bei in it, thank heavens. :D In fact, overall, I like the choice of voice actors, most of the old crew is still there..Even if I miss Bob Papenbroke every time Zhang Fei speaks..(not that Steve Kramer is bad, Bob was just that good)
Lafeel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:03 pm

As long as they can get Battou's voice actor to play Dong Zhuo, I'll be a very happy person. As much as I hate Dong Zhuo in history and the book I absolutely Love his character in the games and Musou Orochi just gives the chance for his character to shine ever brighter! In one he showed his ability to read certain characters (In the SW stage where you battle Mitsuhide, Dong Zhuo says to him, "What are you babbling about?! Honor? Haha! You're as greedy as me, at least act like it!" Dong Zhuo had always been one of my favorite movesets, and his personality is fully unique, he doesn't wear a mask, that might be the reason I love his character in DW so.

I think this installment does great justice seen, especially with the Orochi storyline, the Shu seems relatively rushed, Wei on the other hand, though a definite lack of Cao Pi, it allows many of the other generals to play in the spotlight. Zhang He is the commander in a few missions, which really took me by surprise. Kunoichi plays a general part in the storyline as a scout.

So far these are the only storyline's I've played. Though I really didn't get into Musou Orochi 1, Musou Orochi 2 has held my attention quite so!
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:39 am

I miss the days you could just come home from school and switch on the PS2 and button bash away until your heart was content!!

I love this game!! I love how many enemies you have, I've never seen so many in a Warriors game before, its mad!! The levels are just constant wasting of enemies over and over, I love it!!

Sadly I've only just done the Wu Story Mode tonight, having completed the other two first (ever see the day?) and I love it all!! I love the new premise its based on and how the original history is almost negated which is fine by me because its new stories to bash about with!!

Still have to clear so much in it but I am loving it, it's so much fun and more challenging than many of the other Warriors games I've played in the past!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games