Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby mrbeate » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:16 am

The best addition to this game was my all-time favourite mythical hero, SUN WUKONG!!!!! The Monkey King is duuhhhh sickest most badass demon monkey spirit... so happy they added him. Nothing can touch the monkey King, the great sage who defies the heavens!!

In game, hes total ownage speedy with his cloud and just beating with his staff.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby Sean » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:25 pm

Tarrot wrote:It averages out to each character at 30 proficiency. On average, if you have the acclaim skill equipped, you'll hit about 25 proficiency when you hit level 99. I usually take 3 characters, go through a story mode, then cap them at 30 at Wu-4 before I go onto the next set, but I got tired of that and started up Legend of Kongming instead.

My current plan is to simply level the proficiency of the characters I care about to 50 and hopefully that will get me to the 2730 proficiency I need. That's about 50 or so characters, and right now I only have...about 11 or 12. :x

Wu-4 (Itsukushima) on Easy is good, but when you use a strong character who can plow through officers in one hit while on horseback (Cavalier 20 usually does the trick), you get roughly an accumulated 2 minutes of message spam at the end of the level. I like the Zhang Liao / Kotaro Fuma / Gan Ning Dream Mode level, but that level just has oodles and oodles of soldiers instead of officers.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Warriors Orochi 2 Discussion Thread!

Unread postby S.Teague » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I recently bought the first WO game, and I thought I would ask y'all if it was worth it to get part 2? Part 1 seems good to me, but upon looking at the WO2 website, it looks like the same thing but with a few more charaters in it and the stages of DW5:XL in it. Things I thought should be added, and I wonder if they did:
1) When playing with 2 players, both must us the same three person team. That just stinks !!! Me and my brother like tottaly diffrent people. And when my mom plays, she can only play it if she gets to use the insainly easy charaters. Lu Bu in DW5 is the only character she can stay alive with. I always take my PS2 back home to Alabama when I go back home, and I'll always end up playing DW with them. And if this is diffrent in WO2, that would be great, and probably a selling factor for me in buying it.
2) An edit mode like in DW5 would be awesome. I love to create my own characters, and the idea of using three of my own at a time would be so cool.
But what is the diffrence in the two? Is it just a few more levels and characters?
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Sean » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:40 pm

S.Teague wrote:But what is the diffrence in the two? Is it just a few more levels and characters?

More characters: A couple, yes. Fu Xi and Nu Wa are included--they have basically the same moveset as the Greatsword/Rapier moveset back in DW5. But they have new character models now. There's 6 more new characters...I think? I haven't played WO2 in a while.

More levels: More like a new take on the whole Orochi messing up China and Japan for the sake of entertainment. You get to see Shu, Wei, Wu, and SW's POV after Orochi is defeated at the end of WO1, and you can also play through how Orochi stomps through the combined forces at the beginning of WO1.

There's also a batch of so-called "Dream Mode" levels which--wait, didn't WO1 have something similar? I don't remember. But anyway, WO2's Dream Mode levels are levels with fixed characters. You unlock new Dream Mode levels either by playing through Story Modes, unlocking new characters, or fulfilling certain criteria, one in particular is getting Cao Cao's, Liu Bei's, and Sun Quan's proficiency levels to 50 (Max).

...Getting Dream Mode levels are such a pain... :(
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:51 pm

So did they do away with the fact that 2 players have to pick the same 3 people in free mode? Like I said, that's a strong selling point to me.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Sean » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 pm

S.Teague wrote:So did they do away with the fact that 2 players have to pick the same 3 people in free mode? Like I said, that's a strong selling point to me.

I haven't played 2 player (I don't have someone else to play it with, but it doesn't bother me), but I'm pretty sure it's still 2 people using the same team.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Masatog » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:21 am

Yep. 2 people playing, 3 same characters.
There's a VS Mode which allows 2 players to battle out against each other, like DW3-4. The difference in that is that the 2 players don't have to choose the same 3 characters. There are some minigames for VS Mode like horse racing but I mainly prefer battling out against players.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 pm

But then when someone want a char and the other is using, usually creates conflicts between them? =D
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby memeo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:35 am

My favorite character is Sun Wu Kong... I like him because he's very fast... the horse is slower than his kinton's cloud ^^
memeo
Assistant

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:33 am

I can say that Wu Kong is very fast, but, for attacks, i would prefer someone else.

And, if you want to make things different, choose the team of lords (Cao Cao, Liu Bei and Sun Jian) and go train them. It's fun! To see them rallying and all.If you want, try it.
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games