Index of fan mods and game translations

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Index of fan mods and game translations

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Ah, ok.

I moved your thread from SGYYS to this forum as it's a game-related thread, not a history or novel discussion.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby CaoJay » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:19 am

Could you add my Doae Wu edition to the list :)
Right action is better than knowledge; but in order to do what is right, we must know what is right.
Charlemagne
CaoJay
Student

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:10 am

Ok, done!

Though be forewarned that one of these days I may go back and remove the links to threads of mods that haven't materialized yet. ;)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby IgorHorst » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:20 am

What are the (English) tools needed to create mods for LoCC? I was thinking of a concept of creating an LoCC mod for the Yellow Turbans, but, of course, I need to know if it is even possible. I'm not very good at level design though, it would likely just be the same levels as LoCC, just reorganized.

EDIT:
Lady Wu wrote:There's a script/stage editor and a data file editor out there, but they're both in Chinese so if you don't read Chinese you either have to guess, or just use a hex editor to hack the files. There's also a Chinese tool for importing images so you can make new maps and new avatars/sprites--though you'd also need some Photoshop proficiency.

The hardest part about making the mod isn't really the technical stuff, but rather good planning and the will to go through with it. Most veteran modders write out the script and plan the battles before even starting to do the technical stuff. You want to think about whether you're using the game mainly to tell a story (like Legend of Lu Bu) or to provide a new gaming experience (like Legend of East Wu)--to do both is basically going to have to be a team effort.

Ah, alright thanks. I know hex editing, so I think I can handle it. I'll just plan out the Yellow Turbans plot...first.
IgorHorst
Tyro

Unread postby Masatog » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:30 am

Legend of Gongsun Zan hasn't been added to the list. It is still in production from GongsunZan.

Me, Zappa and GongsunZan are also making a Dong Zhou MOD (hence, Legend of Dong Zhou) but all the slow PM sending of information is really taking some time to even get the first battle complete...
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:05 am

pardon my language, but f••• it!! I am done trying to get any of this stuff to work on my computers I guess I will just stick to dw and ROTK.Not really sure if its me than can't get it to work or that my computer doesn't have the right material needed for it but I am too depressed and frustrated with this stuff to keep trying. I'm just not a natural technical kind of person.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Sun May 09, 2010 5:06 am

sorry about me cusing I just expressed myself a little too much
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby hiru » Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

excuse me, besides LoLuBu, LoSunce and LoCC, is there any LoCC mod in English?? :?:
hiru
Tyro

Unread postby Masatog » Tue May 25, 2010 7:26 am

hiru wrote:excuse me, besides LoLuBu, LoSunce and LoCC, is there any LoCC mod in English?? :?:

There is but they are all currently in progress:
Legend of Yuan Shu by Qu_Hui - 12 stages completed
Legend of Gongsun Zan by GongsunZan - 3 stages completed.
Legend of Dong Zhuo by Zappa, GongsunZan and me (Masatog) - 2 stages completed.

Please pardon us all on how long it takes just to MOD one level. It could take a couple of hours just to get everything right.

As Qu_Hui has posted before about mini-MOD which he didn't do, I currently just make a one stage MOD which I think I should call it: Legend of "Half" Tao Qian and Liu Bei...
I think I'll post it once I gain the confidence that everything is perfecto (hey...I'm a shy guy).
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Sean » Tue May 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Legend of Yuan Shu's been put on hiatus for awhile now. Qu Hui claims that he is too sick of anything LoCC-related to work on it.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games