Destiny of an Emperor 2.0: Cao Cao Edition (BETA AVAILABLE!)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0: Cao Cao Edition (BETA AVAILAB

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:01 am

Unrelated to the above, make sure that Xiahou Mao is still properly represented in the mod! ;) If I remember right, in the original mod he had a high Strength total combined with the largest number of end-game troops anyone got. The original Destiny of an Emperor game is one of the few games that gives Xiahou Mao the high stats he deserves, and James kept true to that in his Cao Cao edition, it'd be a shame to see the typical biased Koei propaganda coming up and dragging him down again!

He really should have stats better than Zhang Liao, since all Zhang Liao did was beat up on a bunch of Wusers while Xiahou Mao instead faced off against elite opposition like Zhao Yun and Zhuge Liang. But I don't want too many people to complain..
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:09 am

Didn't he lose the Luminous Sword or was that Xiahou En? Meh, I think the latter. Anyways, yeah, it MIGHT be a tad difficult to fit in some of the extraneous Xiahou's. I'm even having trouble fitting in additional 'Cao's because of the large roster and still having room for enemy officers (and duplicates based on chapters).

In addition to this, MiDKnighT has been busy lately so I have a ton of bugs that need to be worked out (some of which I probably created with all of this editing) so I've been able to re-create chapters 1-4 with a stall at this point because I'm out of text space. Most townspeople say "z" because I stripped them of their text space :lol:

At any rate, here is a list of officers available by early chapter 3. They are ALL unique recruits with dialogue outside of battles except for Bian Xi and Xu Chu who you have to beat in battle first before recruiting, so I guess they have their own text anyways. Yes I know Xiahou Dun appears 2x, but I had 3 instances of FCEUX open >_>

Also, I'm not leaving Ma Chao as the Xu Zhe replacement as I need him to be stripped from the party long before the regularly scripted Xu Zhe event.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:12 am

That's really early for Hao Zhao to be appearing, as he normally doesn't appear until Zhuge Liang's northern campaigns against Wei. Even Xiahou Mao has come and gone before he shows up! ;)

Of course, selfishly I'd say that Xiahou Mao should be getting an officer spot ahead of Hao Zhao as a more important character. But Hao Zhao has his fans despite his limited screen-time..
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 pm

I need another person then to fill an "Engineering" role then other than Li Dian, not an advisor/strategist role such as Jia Xu, Cheng Yu, or Xun You/Yu
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Well, you said you were having trouble finding a way to fit Man Chong in. You could put him there. He defended in several sieges for Wei later on. When Cao Ren wanted to abandon Fan Castle after the flood, it was on Man Chong's advice that he remained and held out against Guan Yu. Later on, Man Chong supervised the construction of the new Hefei Castle and defended it against Wu.

Now, you could say "Man Chong isn't a warrior", but Hao Zhao is no more a warrior than he is, however they choose to stat him in the videogames. ;) Each is notable for defending in sieges, just that Man Chong got to defend in over five times as many of them as Hao Zhao.

Alternately, Liu Ye could fit into an engineering role as well. While often regarded as a strategist, he was also an expert with siege weaponry, such that in the Legend of Cao Cao game by Koei he's the commander of Cao Cao's catapult unit. I guess it depends on whether you're looking for an offensive engineer (Liu Ye) or a defensive engineer (Man Chong).
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:18 am

So, we go with Liu Ye, since he will be recruitable only after Yuan Shu is beaten.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:50 am

That's a lot of different stats! ;)
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:17 pm

I might leave Liu Biao in the game simply because James had originally had him there. Perhaps as a means of Liu Biao on his deathbed getting taken out by Cao Cao or something like that... Trying to do the whole Liu Cong thing would be too much I think. I'm going to be moving Xiang Yang further north anyways to allow room in Jing Zhou for the "Red Cliffs" area.

That's a lot of different stats! ;)

Yeah, tell me about it...
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:01 pm

The new recruits... whenever I can get to editing again as bugs have stalled my progress

I wonder if I should make Jiang Wei permanent or temporary... I guess he did join Shu and he'd make a great officer to battle against...
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games