Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 (Version 1.1 Released!)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 (Version 1.1 Released!)

Unread postby James » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Tarrot wrote:Really not that much detail to give. I was fighting Cheng Yu, I hit the mark to hit level 50, and then it gave me two bonus levels on top of it. Went back to the save area, no notice of being able to get to a higher level, went and got up to level 53 from the sage in Ji.

Yeah... that's not supposed to happen. Back to the drawing board for levels, I suppose!

Tarrot wrote:1: What is the Int required to pick up the Guard skill? That way I'd know how far I'd have to drop it and the range of officers who would come to learn it and I could account for them.

200 (Ji Rou/Guard)

Tarrot wrote:2: What's the int requirement for Recover? Looking back at my officers, Chen Deng and Mi Zhu only have Salve, so for this to be of use into early Wu, I'd want to try to find a range again to encompass both.

3: What's the int requirement for Revive? Theoretically, I want to see if its possible that Guard could be an end-game strategy with a healing option.

Hmm... here are the top-level healing tactics:

Yin Xian: 200
Wan Fu: 220
Jin Xian: 252

Tarrot wrote:4: Just a random thing: Using the DOAEditor, I saw Chen Gong had variable troop level ups. Was that just something left in there or something planned for later on you never did?

It would be a remnant of an idea I had but decided against. :)
I've had many interesting ideas while playing which I had to decide against along the way due to limitations in what I can do or other choices I made about gameplay. I like Chen Gong so I've always thought it would be cool to have him in the party.

Tarrot wrote:I don't mind the 3 guys with Behead, the one tactic I really fear, so to speak. I don't mind 3 guys with evade which pretty much means I'll be able to attack one round in 20. I don't mind the 4 guys with Revive which means I have to time my thwarts really, really well and get lucky that they last for more than 1 round.

But really. You just had to include a guy who has ****ing Guard in his tactic list?

I've beat the final battle without saved states, but you're right about that—Guard is just excessive in that battle. It pretty much means game over if he pulls it off. What you've got to do to win there is kill him before he uses guard, which makes life a little more difficult while you face the strategists, but the occasional reset when things don't go according to plan could be done away with. I'll probably drop that tactic from the officer's list.

Tarrot wrote:Suggestion: Zombie Lu Bu. Give him 255 Weapon, like 230 armor, and then you got a guy whose hitting for a lot of health each turn who will take forever to wear down who you pretty much have to leave until last unless you want to use TP doubting him, which most likely won't happen.

Haha... I'll have a villager talk about Sima Yi's skill with necromancy in Jin castle.

Xiahou Mao wrote:If 'Zombie Lu Bu' doesn't fit the bill, you could try adding Wen Yang instead. I haven't seen him yet. Given the stats most of the other Wei officers are given in-game (who is Hu Fen, anyway? Why does Zhong Hui have higher Str than Xiahou Dun?), you could certainly put Wen Yang in for the final battle at 250+ Str and 255 AP to bludgeon people alongside the strategist army.

That's a pretty good idea, actually!
And I should have a look at the Zhong Hui/Xiahou thing.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Chzn8r » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm very scattershot right now... playing so many different games at once! I just booted this up about 2 hours ago. I currently am at level 6, only have defeated the first 3 battles + whoever replaced Ma Yuan Yi, and have blown the majority of my money on resurrects. Gotta recruit Liao Hua so I can go in the back door. Only other purchases so far have been bandanas and robes all around. This is tough as nails compared to DOAE.
Find me at Rate Your Music
Find me at Last.fm
Chzn8r
Student

Unread postby Chzn8r » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Were any agility values changed in 2.0? If so, is there a list documenting this?
Find me at Last.fm
Chzn8r
Student

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:18 pm

I could get them from DoaEditor, but it would take a while, and by then James would have answered this.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Chzn8r » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh man... Jia Xu is ridiculous. 249 INT and tactics that are way way too advanced for just fighting in Dong Zhuo region. I have been wiped out 3 times by his Blaze tactic. 1 of those times I tried to run each turn, the others I tried to fight.

Is it possible to capture the crazy tactician that fought with Lu Bu? The guy who replaces Li Ru (though Li Ru is still out in the open as his own character)?

edit: and Jia Xu also has the new Yi Xin equivalent... one turn of that undoes all the damage I did to him and Dong Zhuo at Chang An, good God.
Find me at Last.fm
Chzn8r
Student

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:09 am

Agility Changes:

Chapter 1:

Liu Bei 89-180

Guan Yu 58-150

Zhang Fei 60-180

Mi Zhu 70-155

Chen Deng 54-170

Zhang Jue 66-224

For now.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Chzn8r » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:11 am

So it's actually worth putting Red Hare on Zhang Fei now.
Find me at Last.fm
Chzn8r
Student

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:15 am

Haha, it was very useless on him in the previous one.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:47 am

There are plenty of secrets in DoaE 2.0, and many stats have been changed around completely. I don't share any information about it, though. It is pretty much up to players to document or discover everything. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Chzn8r » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:33 am

lol well then.

I've gotta get over the hump of facing 1000-man generals... they are so ridiculously powerful. I feel intimidated going either into Jing Zhou or Bo Hai. I'm getting my ass kicked sideways anytime there's a general that frequently does Yin Xian... I just don't have the killing power to keep up! why did spears (aka new flails) have to be so weak...
Find me at Last.fm
Chzn8r
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games