Destiny of an Emperor 2.0 (Version 1.1 Released!)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby James » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:23 pm

Kong Wen wrote:Haha, Wang, nice! This looks cool.

I just want to know what you're going to do with Xu Shu (whatever his broken DoaE name is... I forget).

I don’t think I’ll do much to him. I think his story in the game is pretty appropriate. I’ll probably raise his intelligence a bit so he can serve better while he’s around and I may mess with his soldiers some (or let him receive level-ups). I’ve already changed his name from Xu Zhe to Xu Shu. He’ll leave when he gets the fake letter from Cao Cao, though.

And I didn’t dishonor his memory by letting him turn up again in Wei. :P

Lordyuanshu wrote:Somehow I knew Wang would be involved once you had the power to figure out how to get him in battle :lol:

Of course! Wang simply must be a part of the game in some way or another!

Terranigma Freak wrote:Hey James, do you think you can give me a hand with my project? It's nothing big, but I myself am hacking DOE2 and I've come across a minor problem. For some reason, I can't set the enemy's HP to anything higher than 10,000. No matter what value I put in, it's stuck at 10,000. The Japanese hackers were able to break that barrier, but I don't know how. I found the HP values, I just can't figure out why it can't go any higher.

I’ve hit the same roadblock in Destiny of an Emperor. I wanted to set the limit higher than the 40-some-K that Sima Yi can get, but the hexadecimal system simply doesn’t allow for it. I’ve seen this problem in other game hacking, though. People basically have to re-write the system entirely to use two hexadecimal values or some different multiplier. My skills are not l33t enough to do that just yet.

I will let you know if I can figure those things out, though!

Kong Wen wrote:I'm just upset that good ol' Wang is a bad guy. We could sure use his help. :(

I was thinking about Wang the Tiger at work today! I want it to be possible for him to join your party. I could replace an officer in the game with Wang and you could recruit him on the battlefield after defeating him at the gate or castle. I am seriously considering replacing someone like Zhou Chou with him, in Luo Yang. I can see it now…

"Rowr?"
> Yes
No

It would be fun to have Wang leading your party...

Lordyuanshu wrote:Liu Bei's army has been overcome by Wang.

Haha… Wang has been a staple of SimRTK for many years now.
I could prattle off Wang jokes all day long…

Kong Wen wrote:I love the fact that a tiger is more intelligent and commands more human soldiers than many of Liu Bei's subordinates.

But he is Wang!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:29 pm

James wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I love the fact that a tiger is more intelligent and commands more human soldiers than many of Liu Bei's subordinates.

But he is Wang!

That's why I love it! Wang is Wang! Maybe Wang could join the party when Xu Shu leaves. Fill the emotional void. :cry:
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:39 pm

Kong Wen wrote:That's why I love it! Wang is Wang! Maybe Wang could join the party when Xu Shu leaves. Fill the emotional void. :cry:

Haha… maybe I could swap out Ma Liang.

When you enter Jingzhou Wang will be there to give you advice on the region. In thanks for your hard work, he will join your party when you have finished! Hahah… or he could simply appear at one of the Jingzhou locations.

It would be fun to replace Pang Tong with Wang, a terrible foe who you must defeat before he is willing to join you! Place Pang Tong over Ma Liang or something...
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Replacing Pang Tong with Wang would be hilarious.

"He went out tiger hunting with his elephant and gun..."
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:12 pm

Kong Wen wrote:"He went out tiger hunting with his elephant and gun..."

Haha! And Pang Tong, inexplicably, is never met by your party…

I am sorely tempted to replace Pang Tong. "Wang? He went out with his troops!" And it is discovered that Wang is none other than the Wang! Pang Tong can join you with Ma Su or something. He’s too scared to patrol Jingzhou with the likes of Wang wandering about!

Of course I’ll have to tone him down just a little bit as an ally... there would be no challenge with a Lü Bu strength, Zhao Yun intelligence, cat o’ death leading your party through China! But still, it sure would be a heck of a lot of fun to have Wang leading your party in the first place.

I could make the battle with him pretty hard—sort of an adventure some players might have to return to in hopes of allying with Wang the Tiger. Much more exciting than getting your arse beat by Pang Tong once again!

Lady Wu has much more self-control than me when it comes to mods. :lol:
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Niahak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:15 am

Would that make Wang the sixth Tiger General? :lol:

I'll try and make your crazy ambitions a bit easier if I can.
Niahak
Scholar

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:37 am

Niahak wrote:Would that make Wang the sixth Tiger General? :lol:

I'll try and make your crazy ambitions a bit easier if I can.

Haha! I suppose it would.

I just realized that Ma Liang and Pang Tong cannot be swapped... Ma Liang is one character too short to be Pang Tong. I could still put Wang there, and I can still put Wang at a castle and, later, free in Jingzhou for recruiting. Hmm…

Any other ideas for a Pang Tong/Wang swap?

It would be possible if we assume Pang Tong was eaten by Wang.

Gotta figure out text... gotta figure out where Pang Tong’s threatening speech and joining text are located…

- - - - - - - - - - -

You know, Kong Wen… I could make a version for you in which Xu Shu joins again? :lol:
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:55 am

James, I'm not making a mod. If I were... well, let's just say, be glad I'm not. I'm just translating the game. I can't get away with altering the text or the characters, and throwing in the occasional cheezburger is all I could do. :(

I'm in support of having Wang eat Pang Tong.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:09 am

James wrote:You know, Kong Wen… I could make a version for you in which Xu Shu joins again? :lol:

Custom Kong Wen DoaE!? I don't even know how I would handle it. It would be like divine payback for when my NES cart stopped working and erased all my saves.

EDIT: Wang eating Pang Tong is a good idea, given that you've said this isn't going to be your "what really happened" game.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Niahak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:35 am

Oh yes, I probably haven't mentioned it here at SoSZ.

I've got a tool for hacking DoaE officers I made over the past week. It's still in beta, but I think there are only a couple more things I want to iron out before the official release. James has already helped a lot with its development in his investigation of the gears behind DoaE.

Niahak
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games