Legend of Cao Cao English Version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:37 am

James wrote:He is Hu Juer. :)

Ok!

No more updates tonight. Taking a break by playing Legend of Lu Bu, writing letters to tax people (been putting that off for too long :-|), doing piled-up dishes, etc.

Terranigma: Feel free to suggest more stuff as you play! I especially need ideas on the chapter/location titles (like where it says "Brave as a Tiger/Cao Cao's Camp"---the first part is the name of the section, and the second the location. Space is really limited so I couldn't put a full translation in...).
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:09 am

Lady Wu wrote:PS: *Groan* "Man Chong, style Boning..."

What, you mean you're not a fan of Man Boning? :x

Lady Wu, I am just floored by the amount of work you've put into this project. I'd help (heck, I had already started translating the Yellow Turban scenario), but... well... you're doing far better than I ever could.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:13 am

Sun Gongli wrote:Lady Wu, I am just floored by the amount of work you've put into this project.

It's called unemployment...

PS:
What, you mean you're not a fan of Man Boning? :x

I have an easier time writing the following with a straight face than writing the name "Man Boning":

PS: Sun Gongli, one very useful thing you could do is to test what I have so far and give feedback, just like TF did!
Last edited by Lady Wu on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:07 am

Dian Wei is can have cheezeburger. :lol:

I have so many ideas for my "Legend of Sun Ce" mod... but I can't seem to make the cutscenes/events work right. I know this is probably outside the scope of the topic, but would you be willing to take a look at my buggered scenario file (it's the very first one) and fix the bugs? It's basically Sun Ce getting his orders from Yuan Shu to kill Lu Kang, and Sun Ce's reaction to the orders effects the red/blue path (eagerness goes to the red path, while reluctance goes to the blue path). That much works right, but the dialogue is all screwed up.
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:33 am

Sun Gongli wrote:Dian Wei is can have cheezeburger. :lol:

I have so many ideas for my "Legend of Sun Ce" mod... but I can't seem to make the cutscenes/events work right. I know this is probably outside the scope of the topic, but would you be willing to take a look at my buggered scenario file (it's the very first one) and fix the bugs? It's basically Sun Ce getting his orders from Yuan Shu to kill Lu Kang, and Sun Ce's reaction to the orders effects the red/blue path (eagerness goes to the red path, while reluctance goes to the blue path). That much works right, but the dialogue is all screwed up.

I wish I know how to debug. :( Do you have a general idea about what broke it? Was it a dialogue, or an action? Which editor were you using?

All I know is that there seems to be some hard limit on the amount of characters you can put in a particular dialogue. I've blown an R file a couple of times right at the end, during the battle council. Once I rewrite the script with fewer characters things seem to not crash anymore. But there could be really random bugs... like that one that crashed on me when Cao Cao goes "... keep that to yourself, Yuan Shao. Lord Beast is here." It turned out that the only way to not make it crash is to keep the original Chinese ellipsis dots. :roll:
Lady Wu

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:48 am

I got the dialogue to work. Now, it's just the battles themselves!

I've set it up similar to the Yellow Turban Battle, except less units and no "OMG WE GET PWNT" introduction from stupid ally AI. Instead, we just have Ji Ling and Lu Fan showing up to attack Lu Kang, and Sun Ce showing up the next turn and introducing himself.

The only problem is that I unintentionally nuked the event that makes beating Lu Kang win the stage. :P
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:57 am

^ Copied shamelessly from Lady Wu’s instructions!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:38 pm

Lady Wu wrote:Terranigma: Feel free to suggest more stuff as you play! I especially need ideas on the chapter/location titles (like where it says "Brave as a Tiger/Cao Cao's Camp"---the first part is the name of the section, and the second the location. Space is really limited so I couldn't put a full translation in...).

Hmm well, the text looks perfectly find in "Brave as a Tiger" so that should work. You can always go with Crazy Tiger or Mad Tiger as well.

Also, I spotted a typo that I missed earlier. It's during the very first chapter where you fight the Yellow Turbans. One of the NPCs talking about Cao Cao's cavalry units reinforcements, and "cavalry" was spelled without the "l".

Lu Bu at Hulao gate said: "Announce my orders. Lure the alliance troops deep into our territory before attacking then.

Oh yeah, is "Spokesman" really the proper term to use to describe Dong Zhuo? I don't remember what the original Chinese version said, but we know the story says he was made Prime Minister.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:00 pm

Terranigma Freak wrote:Hmm well, the text looks perfectly find in "Brave as a Tiger" so that should work. You can always go with Crazy Tiger or Mad Tiger as well.

Yup, I was actually thinking last night of changing it to "Crazy Tiger".

Thanks for the typo notes.

Oh yeah, is "Spokesman" really the proper term to use to describe Dong Zhuo? I don't remember what the original Chinese version said, but we know the story says he was made Prime Minister.

The Chinese did say "spokesman", not Prime Minister. You're right, though--something stronger might be better.
Lady Wu

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 pm

The Chinese did say "spokesman", not Prime Minister. You're right, though--something stronger might be better.

Yeah, I thought that was weird. I figured an admin of a place like Kongming.net isn't someone who would get Dong Zhuo's title wrong. It's odd that they would use spokesman in the Chinese version though.

Guo Si threatens Wang Yun saying: "Get what you deserve." I believe that's an incomplete sentence.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games