Legend of Cao Cao English Version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao English Version

Unread postby Nagarita » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 am

Actually I want to make a record by kill everyone that is possible to kill...
Nagarita
Tyro

Unread postby Nagarita » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:45 am

So LadyWu also don't have a solution?
Nagarita
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:53 am

Nagarita wrote:I remember if I waited until turn 25 but no reinforcements arrive? Doesn't it strange? The first game only Feng Ji reinforcements arrive (but rather late) and no more reinforcements arrive, but in the second game why even Feng Ji's reinforcements doesn't arrive?

Did you defeat everyone else? I really don't remember, but my impression is that you have to keep defeating units and then the reinforcements arrive.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby japkh78 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 am

Got a question.. sorry if this has been mentioned before.
How do you use fruits of str/int/dex etc etc to increase their stat?
Clicking on the items only brings up information about the fruits and you can't equip them.
Thanks
japkh78
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 pm

You need to use them like recovery items during a battle (yes, takes up a turn).

They increase the character's basic stat in that category by 2.

Growth in Attack/Defense/etc. depends on the related basic stat. For example, someone with 90 STR will gain more Attack at every level up than someone with 80 STR. So, the earlier you give someone a stat fruit, the better.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Nagarita » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Nagarita wrote:I remember if I waited until turn 25 but no reinforcements arrive? Doesn't it strange? The first game only Feng Ji reinforcements arrive (but rather late) and no more reinforcements arrive, but in the second game why even Feng Ji's reinforcements doesn't arrive?

Did you defeat everyone else? I really don't remember, but my impression is that you have to keep defeating units and then the reinforcements arrive.

I even wait until turn 25 and no reinforcements appear? Sorry for late answer.
Nagarita
Tyro

Unread postby Gerald81 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 am

Many thanks to Lady Wu for making this available. I had the original game in Mandarin and played through it several years ago but never knew about some of the functions and features until I chanced on this English patched version. I'm enjoying the game all over again, good times.

However, as fantastic as the English patch is, I'm curious as to whether there is a simple way to undo the patch and revert the game back to Mandarin? Now that I know what's happening in the game, it will be nice to play it in its original language - unfortunately I have lost my old game CD. Or does anyone know where I can download the original Mandarin version? And, are saved games transferrable between the English patched version and the original Mandarin version? Thanks in advance!

PS: Mandarin is my second language, just that I'm extremely poor at it, especially reading and writing :oops:
Gerald81
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 am

Welcome to SoSZ, Gerald, and glad that the English version was helpful!

The good news is, the saves are transferable between the English version and the Chinese version. Simply copy and paste all your .e5s files over to the new installation. Initially, the names of the save slots will still be in English (as is the first time a location name is called up when you load a file), but as you get to the next stage and save over the files, the names of the save slots will transition into Chinese. It doesn't affect gameplay.

PS: Check your private messages.
Lady Wu

Unread postby waZup » Thu May 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey, Lady Wu, just wondering whether you know New Legend of Cao Cao. I know that remake is originally Chinese and adds a lot like some additional battles and Lu Bu/Zhang Jiao joining you. The most recent version is 5.9 I heard.

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blog ... m=postView
waZup
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhuge Dan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 am

hi! just want to ask what platform is this? sounds interesting though. :D
Zhuge Dan
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games