Legend of Cao Cao English Version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao English Version

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:32 pm

crap, in the hero's route, defense of mai castle, guan yu goes full yolo and gets himself behind enemy lines faster then i can attempt to save him.

cao cao is like the only person who can get close enough to heal him but even then its not enough when he insists on going to the bottom part of the map
Ding Feng/Sun Shang Xiang is my new one true crack pairing XD (thank you ROT3KXI)
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Xu Huang fan wrote:crap, in the hero's route, defense of mai castle, guan yu goes full yolo and gets himself behind enemy lines faster then i can attempt to save him.

cao cao is like the only person who can get close enough to heal him but even then its not enough when he insists on going to the bottom part of the map

Maybe try to lower the enemy's average level by bringing some backbenchers with you?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:13 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Xu Huang fan wrote:crap, in the hero's route, defense of mai castle, guan yu goes full yolo and gets himself behind enemy lines faster then i can attempt to save him.

Maybe try to lower the enemy's average level by bringing some backbenchers with you?

that sounds like a good idea, except my only reach benchers are cao ren and the geo mancers, i might give it a shot though.

it doesn't help that i can only bring in 10 people (including cao cao)
Ding Feng/Sun Shang Xiang is my new one true crack pairing XD (thank you ROT3KXI)
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 am

Depends on how spread out your levels are; if the discrepancy is large enough even a few high-level tanks can carry the day, and you can just let the backbenchers die or whatever (callous I know). Perhaps change the lineup of your unit deployment so that the faster guys are on the left hand corner?

Make sure you select "save Mai Castle" at the beginning of the battle if you want to get the Viper Spear after the battle.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 am

managed to beat that stage, had a hell of a time with the Wu stages

now i'm at the Stone Warrior Formation, is there like any real map of the place or idea of how the maze works? i'm kinda confused and the stone warriors are super strong/kongming's a jerk
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Xu Huang fan wrote:managed to beat that stage, had a hell of a time with the Wu stages

now i'm at the Stone Warrior Formation, is there like any real map of the place or idea of how the maze works? i'm kinda confused and the stone warriors are super strong/kongming's a jerk

Having people inside a square will cause a door to close and another door to open. To prevent a door from closing you can stick someone there as a doorstop. You must defeat each appearance of Kongming before the last square is unlocked. The "stone warriors" respawn so just focus on getting to Kongming and defeating him.
Lady Wu

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:08 pm

alright so i got past that stage and got the dragon orb, what exactly does it do? it doesn't seem to give me any bonus stats, and i don't see a new spell that can be casted
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:33 am

Xu Huang fan wrote:alright so i got past that stage and got the dragon orb, what exactly does it do? it doesn't seem to give me any bonus stats, and i don't see a new spell that can be casted

Sima Yi has to be of a high enough level to equip it (I think 42 but could be 45, don't remember now). It lets him cast Dragon, which hurls five powerful lightning bolts at enemies around him. The downside is you can only use it when it's raining.
Lady Wu

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Xu Huang fan wrote:alright so i got past that stage and got the dragon orb, what exactly does it do? it doesn't seem to give me any bonus stats, and i don't see a new spell that can be casted

Sima Yi has to be of a high enough level to equip it (I think 42 but could be 45, don't remember now). It lets him cast Dragon, which hurls five powerful lightning bolts at enemies around him. The downside is you can only use it when it's raining.

do all of the orbs work like that?
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:45 am

Xu Huang fan wrote:do all of the orbs work like that?

Yeah.

Red/Phoenix: Xun Yu or Cheng Yu, powerful 3x3 fire attack, must be used when sunny.
Black/Tortoise: Guo Jia or Jia Xu, all enemies are hit with either a random debuff or a random status ailment, must be used when cloudy I think (I never used it. :oops: )
White/Tiger: Xun You or Man Chong, heals all allies on the field and removes all status ailments. I don't think it is weather-dependent, but I don't use it either. Some people really like this, though, especially for the really huge stages (Chengdu, for example).
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games