Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:17 am

Ricky wrote:
kunimitsukaido wrote:hmm
imagawa is as usual like a loser?
i guess that is how the developer hates him
and motochika chousokabe seems to like zhen ji a lot
those weapon they use(musical instrument)
and the orb thing they send out of their musical instrument(i think)

In history Imagawa Yoshimoto, was a very decent general. I have no idea why Koei make's him that way. Motochika Chousokabe, IMO look's a lot worse than Imagawa Yoshimoto.

It really has nothing to do with Koei trying to make him a loser because he lost at Okehazama. Historically, his loss at Okehazama really had nothing to do with any fault of his, but rather was the result of Oda Nobunaga brilliantly attacking at an unexpected time. Imagawa Yoshimoto was a cultured and powerful daimyo who was good at making alliances (such as with the Hojo and Takeda) and manipulating affairs between his clan, the Matsudaira and the Oda.

The reason Koei's portraying him as they do was because he really was that extravagant and flamboyant. He supposedly was really into Japan's past history, and even blackened his teeth and dressed in the styles of nobles of the past.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 pm

And besides that, not every character can be a "rawr, I am badass" character. That would get boring very quickly. People like Imagawa Yoshimoto add diversity to the game, and they always have more interesting storylines than the more generic characters like Yukimura or Tadakatsu.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Spike » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Yeah, Imagawa seems to be a more outlandish character than a lot of others, and the inclusion of a ball as part of his main weapon also makes him look a lot more more interesting than the generic swordsman that he would have been without it. :)

If Koei didn't really care about him, then they probably wouldn't have given him such a unique personality and moveset. :wink:
Spike
Sage

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:45 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:And besides that, not every character can be a "rawr, I am badass" character. That would get boring very quickly. People like Imagawa Yoshimoto add diversity to the game, and they always have more interesting storylines than the more generic characters like Yukimura or Tadakatsu.

And Toshiie. My god he looks generic. >_<

I think Yoshimoto's a very funny character. If you've ever played Samurai Warriors 1: XL, you'll know that his love of kemari can be humorous at times. I can't wait to see Mitsunari play along in youtube videos...
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby saver.tw » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:14 am

1. "Segoku Musou 2:XL" is D9 format, it may not work in some PS2.

2. The attribute "Shura" is much weaken. Now its damage is in proportion to enemy's HP, it means you do almost no damage with Shura if your enemy's HP is quite low.

3. LV3 Musou won't "blow away" enemies.

4. Every original character of SM2 gets an additional action. Many of them, like Nobunaga's new C5, are very useful.

5. Four new BGM are added : Okehazama, Shikoku, and 2 for Mercenary mode. Besides, there're 2 remixed versions of SM1's Anegawa and Komaki-Nagakute BGM.
saver.tw
Master

Unread postby saver.tw » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:41 am

Ricky wrote:In history Imagawa Yoshimoto, was a very decent general. I have no idea why Koei make's him that way. Motochika Chousokabe, IMO look's a lot worse than Imagawa Yoshimoto.

Yoshimoto was surely a decent general in history, but since this is a game, for the reason of entertainment, each character should have their own differences; in other words, their "souls".

So the personality of Yoshimoto in game exaggeratedly emphasis on his elegance and interest in Kemari, and his "decent general" part is overlooked on purpose. Just like Zhang He in Dynasty Warriors, we know he wasn't a sissy in history, but in game it quickly tells a character's individuality and main characteristic. If Yoshimoto is portraited as a "decent general" in game, he will loss his individuality and we won't get so intense impression of his ludicrous funny.
saver.tw
Master

Unread postby Spike » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:47 am

saver.tw wrote:3. LV3 Musou won't "blow away" enemies.

Well, that pleases me greatly...mainly because in SW2 there were many times that I only used the LV2 Musou rather than LV3, because most of the time I only got one or two hits in before the LV3 special effect kicked in and sent the enemy far off into the distance, meaning I only managed to deal minimal damage (unless I pinned tham against a wall of course, but it's kind of annoying having to do that every Musou). :)
Spike
Sage

Unread postby saver.tw » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:49 am

I'vs uploaded a in-game video of Samurai Warriors 2 : XL. Maeda Toshiie in the battle of Okehazama (Nobunaga's side).

http://stage6.divx.com/user/saver2005/video/1586561/Samurai-Warriors-2-XL-:-Maeda-Toshiie-in-Okehazama-battle
saver.tw
Master

Unread postby Spike » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:40 pm

I like the look of this map, it looks like one of the more complex ones. :)

I'm also glad to see that Toshiie's 'Normal' moveset suits him well...but that red glow that appeared around him every so often, (I assume it's his R1 special) was that some sort of attack*2 bonus? :?
Spike
Sage

Unread postby saver.tw » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Spike wrote:I like the look of this map, it looks like one of the more complex ones. :)

I'm also glad to see that Toshiie's 'Normal' moveset suits him well...but that red glow that appeared around him every so often, (I assume it's his R1 special) was that some sort of attack*2 bonus? :?

Yes, and Toshiie's another special move is horse whisper. :cry:

I've uploaded a video of Chosokabe Motochika in Shikoku :

http://stage6.divx.com/user/saver2005/videos/group:uservideos
saver.tw
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games