Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:17 pm

2. Toshiie, hmmm he doesn't really come out to me like a character who I will grow fond of nor like at this moment. I was a huge fan of Katsuie in Samurai Warriors 2 and that was because of mainly his voice so I can't wait to see how he turns out MS wise. Hopefully not as slow as Pang De though I can see it happening.

For once we are in agreeance, Dragonz.

3. Kojiro Sasaki IMO will have 2 very long dual swords so I still stand by my earlier comment about this. Also IMO he will be very quick in terms of running speed compared to Lu Xun and Zhang He in Dynasty Warriors.

I still think he will have the same nodachi.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:12 pm

If he's not going to have a different weapon then I atleast hope he's going to have different clothing. He just needs something new whether if its a weapon or not.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:28 pm

I agree, mostly, but then again I'm still hoping that Koei will somehow come up with the jeweled nodachi idea I posted in that Koei Warriors thread, lol.

I think what would be most practical is if Koei keeps his weapon, but SEVERELY changes his moveset. Maybe he could shoot tornadoes or gusts of wind from that blade, or leave slash marks on screen after he attacks. Perhaps he could also have a special attack where he briefly slows down time. Then again, that would probably be abused a bit too much...
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:45 pm

Since Katsuie got slightly altered clothing I think? And two new weapons then I hope atleast they give him an excellent looking weapon/s or change his image a bit. And I'm sure they will update Kojiro one or the other way since Katsuie got the nice little touches.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Skode » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:01 am

LittleDragonZ wrote:Since Katsuie got slightly altered clothing I think? And two new weapons then I hope atleast they give him an excellent looking weapon/s or change his image a bit. And I'm sure they will update Kojiro one or the other way since Katsuie got the nice little touches.

Kojiro will now weild 2 swords and one of Katsuies weapons looks like a dirty great big axe Xu Huang style, im excited already
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TsaoTsao » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:50 am

Any chance that after this Koei will release a SW2+SWXL compilation for the PC?
TsaoTsao
Master

Location: The Canadian city every other Canadian not living here hates

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:15 am

I honestly seriously doubt that Kojiro would get two blades. Miyamoto was FAMOUS for using two blades, so it's highly unlikely that Kojiro would. Honestly, I think it's much more likely he'd have a slightly altered moveset instead.

As for Toshie, I'm kinda glad they added him cause I wanted to see a bit more of the Pre-Honnoji battles. His inclusion I think will also probably change the way Shizugatake (did I spell that right?) is fought. He looks really ripped, and pretty cool, I look forward to seeing him.

As for the other two new characters who aren't even confirmed, I'd rather see story modes for Ranmaru and Okuni first, including of course, story modes for Katsuie and Toshie as well as new stages.
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby Ricky » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:14 am

LittleDragonZ wrote:Since Katsuie got slightly altered clothing I think? And two new weapons then I hope atleast they give him an excellent looking weapon/s or change his image a bit. And I'm sure they will update Kojiro one or the other way since Katsuie got the nice little touches.

If there gonna do something to Kojiro, they should change his look andVoice please I would like to see that.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:30 pm

TsaoTsao wrote:Any chance that after this Koei will release a SW2+SWXL compilation for the PC?

I would enjoy that every much. :)
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Ricky » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:57 pm

TsaoTsao wrote:Any chance that after this Koei will release a SW2+SWXL compilation for the PC?

They might they did it on a certain DW game. Cant remember which though.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games