Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:31 am

SlickSlicer wrote:I wouldn't jump to conclusions and think they have CAWs yet though. For all we know, this Xtreme Legends could be far inferior to its Dynasty Warriors 5 counterpart. :/

Oh, I'm not assuming it'll be in there.

I'm just praying it will be...
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Jong Quo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:16 pm

:o Well, looks like my wallet is to be emptied again.....Ah well.
I hope they re-add Kunoichi and Goeman, I liked those two.

Katsuie will prbably be rubbish in this game, whenever I play SW2-Oda, he is always doing badly. :idea: Maybe that's a trait they could add...
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong

Unread postby Ricky » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:05 pm

FuguNabe wrote:Matsu would be a most welcome addition along with her hubby if so.

Whos is Matsu? Is she real? Im agains't characters who are not real, and become a strong girl character. Other words boring dont do it.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:10 pm

Zhou Yu 239 wrote:
FuguNabe wrote:Matsu would be a most welcome addition along with her hubby if so.

Whos is Matsu? Is she real? Im agains't characters who are not real, and become a strong girl character. Other words boring dont do it.

If you read my last few posts you would know she is Toshiie Maede's wife.

Main Site now open: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2m/

Hmmm well Toshiie seems to me like he is a relative of Keiji's(face and wild hair lol), and also has a younger version of Lu Bu's face IMO.

And are my eyes deceiving me or does he have 3 weapons? Because that sword of his looks pretty darn sweet and to me those other weapons attached to his back seem like they are going to be used only in a few moves, such as in his musou for example. Anyone else agree?
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:21 pm

He definitely uses the spears in at least a couple of moves. There are screenshots on that site that show him with them extended beside him, which might be the last move of a combo or something.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Ricky » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Okay that was strange. Toshiie looks like Gan Ning, and I still couln't find his wive.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 am

Hmmm well Toshiie seems to me like he is a relative of Keiji's(face and wild hair lol), and also has a younger version of Lu Bu's face IMO.

He's supposedly Keiji's uncle or something. I don't know much about Keiji, but I know a lot about Toshiie. He was the leader of Nobunaga's 'red horo unit,' was famous for his bravery and helped loads in the Oda's war with the Uesugi.

Whoever asked for info about Matsu, here's a timeline about her and Toshiie-

http://shofu.pref.ishikawa.jp/inpaku/to ... tory2.html

Probably not historically accurate, but it gives you an idea about them.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:00 am

SlickSlicer wrote:Whoever asked for info about Matsu, here's a timeline about her and Toshiie-

Loads of potential for them then, like the idea of an ending with Matsu where Toshiie dies and she lives the rest of her life as a nun
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:41 am

SlickSlicer wrote:

He's supposedly Keiji's uncle or something. I don't know much about Keiji, but I know a lot about Toshiie. He was the leader of Nobunaga's 'red horo unit,' was famous for his bravery and helped loads in the Oda's war with the Uesugi.

Whoever asked for info about Matsu, here's a timeline about her and Toshiie-

Probably not historically accurate, but it gives you an idea about them.

LoW at the Koei forums(I posted the same message) thought I never knew they were relatives but he was wrong because I wasn't talking in the term literally. I was just saying if knowone knew they were relatives you could see them being relatives.

And Zhou Yu 239 is referring to Matsu thinking we've all said she is already in the game which is why he can't find her images. So no she is not Zhou Yu 239 we are expecting her to be.

Hmmm I have a few opinions and points of my own:

1. The next site update will probably be next friday but I have a feeling they will be showing us game clips rather then the new characters because they would expect us by that time be craving for more. However the scans will be with us beforehand.

2. Toshiie, hmmm he doesn't really come out to me like a character who I will grow fond of nor like at this moment. I was a huge fan of Katsuie in Samurai Warriors 2 and that was because of mainly his voice so I can't wait to see how he turns out MS wise. Hopefully not as slow as Pang De though I can see it happening.

3. Kojiro Sasaki IMO will have 2 very long dual swords so I still stand by my earlier comment about this. Also IMO he will be very quick in terms of running speed compared to Lu Xun and Zhang He in Dynasty Warriors.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Alucard » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Looks good. I might get it if there are more new things added to the game.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games