Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby FuguNabe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Hmmm... pretty cool. Haven't been so up-to-date with gaming news over the last two weeks so this is news to me too. Glad Katsuie is finally playable. Maeda Toshiie huh? Well glad he made it without the over exaggerated design I thought they might have done for him (An Inu helmet with outlandish kabukimono outfit :lol:). He actually turned out looking pretty good. Still this guy is supposed to be Keiji's uncle yet he looks relatively not much older. Though they could've went with his historical straight-headed spear type weapon I'm kinda glad they decides to change that.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Kong Wen » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:55 pm

I am pumped about this. New characters, new weapons for playable Katsuie, CAW mode, PS2... almost perfect. The only thing that will make this a 100% perfect announcement for me is if we get some costume changes.

EDIT: Never played Capcom's game, so I don't know much or care much about Toshy's depiction. I'm just glad to have him in the game. And I'll be glad to be able to play as Katsuie and (probably) Kojiro.

I hope the XL integration into the normal game is done well (i.e. will the Katsuie in the normal stages be replaced with the new beefy axe-bearing Katsuie?).

I also hope they tweak the CAW system, flesh it out some, give us more control.

I also want costume changes, even if it's just palette swaps.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:07 am

Couldn't they wait a bit - I'm still far from being bored with DW5, DW5E, SW2, DW5Xl and SW2E :cry: And I haven't even tried Orochi yet :cry:
Of course I'll buy it :)
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:39 am

I haven't even tried Musou Orochi yet either. But thats because it hasn't been released here, so I have two games to look forward to now. :P
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:24 pm

??????

Where did you guys get the information on CAWs? I haven't heard anything about that. :/
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Erm, yeah I'm wondering that myself, the only information I can find on it is a small article in Wikipedia, and that tells next to nothing (surprising)...I'm confused.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 pm

Its just people guessing thats all. Some member called Neo Juste Belmont has come up with this theory at KW:

''Looking at SW1XL, I think if there will be a brand new female and Kojiro is added, this new female will be Matsu.

Let's look at the additions of SW1XL...

NPCs turned playable: Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Imagawa Yoshimoto
Brand new characters: Honda Tadakatsu, Inahime (Dad and daughter)

And if the prediction is right... in SW2XL...

NPCs turned playable: Shibata Katsuie, Sasaki Kojirou
Brand new characters: Maeda Toshiie, Matsu (Husband and wife)

See what I'm getting at?''
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:57 pm

The only reason I am guessing about CAWs is because there is already a barely functional CAW system implemented in SW2:E. All they have to do is transplant it into SW2:XL.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby FuguNabe » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Matsu would be a most welcome addition along with her hubby if so.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:19 am

I wouldn't jump to conclusions and think they have CAWs yet though. For all we know, this Xtreme Legends could be far inferior to its Dynasty Warriors 5 counterpart. :/
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games