Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:11 am

Liu Chan would make a fantastic joke character, I agree with you there.

But whats wrong with Gracia? Yeah, so her attack S string is very weak but its great for getting around your blocking opponent. Not to mention her C1 and specials are superb. Plus, her voice is superb also. Though maybe her dialog is annoying at times.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Unread postby Skode » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:12 pm

LittleDragonZ wrote:Liu Chan would make a fantastic joke character, I agree with you there.

But whats wrong with Gracia? Yeah, so her attack S string is very weak but its great for getting around your blocking opponent. Not to mention her C1 and specials are superb. Plus, her voice is superb also. Though maybe her dialog is annoying at times.


Yeah, good C1 and definate thumbs up for special (though very musuo draining). It has to be said however that shes slow to attack, has poor range, crappy other charge attacks save her C5 bous move and is the biggest pain to level with her seeming below average core stat growth rate. I do also like her voice but her storyline is sadly akin to the majority of other females in Koei games - find male companion, follow him like lapdog, at some point pine for companion :( .
User avatar
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: lost in the forest, never to return

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sun May 04, 2008 6:34 am

Anyone get Mitsunari's 5th weapon yet? I'm having trouble getting it.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
User avatar
Huang Bob
United Abominations
 
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 am

Huang Bob wrote:Anyone get Mitsunari's 5th weapon yet? I'm having trouble getting it.

Wasn't too hard for me when already having his 4th. Just save Nagayoshi right away, then take the southeastern castle. When that's done, immediately head for Hanzo's spawn spot and forget about Tadakatsu and Ina. You should have enough time to kill Hanzo and get back in time to kill the two. 150 KO's should have been easily already acquired as you were fighting.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
User avatar
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 1:27 am
Location: By the beach, but not on it.

Unread postby Skode » Tue May 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Im struggling with Yoshimotos 5th - thats incrediable considering on my save hes level SEVENTY with his 4th weapon. Some of the weapon unlock guidelines are seriously unbalanced on this game - i got both Inas unique weapons and after all that shes only now level THIRTY THREE :lol:

Ps. Im struggling with Hondas 4th as well - i can see myself being forced into roping in a 2nd player for them but personally i feel like thats cheating
User avatar
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: lost in the forest, never to return

Unread postby Huang Bob » Wed May 07, 2008 3:34 am

If it's cheating they wouldn't allow 2P to do stuff FOR 1P at all (only allowing 2p to assist with non-requiremental tasks).

I had trouble enough playing Yoshimoto's dream on normal level, I knew when I fought Ieyasu and Tadakatsu in that level that I wasn't going for his 5th without a 2nd player.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
User avatar
Huang Bob
United Abominations
 
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Unread postby Jong Quo » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Huang Bob wrote:
I had trouble enough playing Yoshimoto's dream on normal level, I knew when I fought Ieyasu and Tadakatsu in that level that I wasn't going for his 5th without a 2nd player.


I Agree with yoshis level, a nightmare.....I also agree that gracia seems to be a monster on a horse only. Her normal moveset is poor, the Ma Chao of SW?
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 1:07 pm
Location: Wales

Unread postby Huang Bob » Thu May 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Well, I've got 2 5th weapons yet to get. Okuni and Shingen. In my world, it's 1 because I'm not going to bother with Okuni.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
User avatar
Huang Bob
United Abominations
 
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Fri May 09, 2008 11:44 am

Skode wrote:Im struggling with Yoshimotos 5th - thats incrediable considering on my save hes level SEVENTY with his 4th weapon. Some of the weapon unlock guidelines are seriously unbalanced on this game - i got both Inas unique weapons and after all that shes only now level THIRTY THREE :lol:

Ps. Im struggling with Hondas 4th as well - i can see myself being forced into roping in a 2nd player for them but personally i feel like thats cheating

You should check the 4th weapon tips guide at KW forum. I've added in a bit that will make it a bit easier, though saying that you do need luck when getting his weapon.

I don't have Yoshimoto's 5th yet since I haven't played for a bit, but I do know that the first time I played his story on hard, it took me about 1 year to kill an officer on that stage. :lol:
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Unread postby Skode » Fri May 09, 2008 10:33 pm

LittleDragonZ wrote:You should check the 4th weapon tips guide at KW forum. I've added in a bit that will make it a bit easier, though saying that you do need luck when getting his weapon.


I think i'll do just that mate - i actually managed to get Hondas 4th last night - it was a case of ingame save, kill officer, ingame save, kill officer.....

Tedious but effective in this case - much like the way i obtained Mitsuhides 5th, 5 minutes really isnt a great deal of time to defeat 4 officers whilst Nene is backed up well by Hideyoshi. I might go back and try to do it all in a oner without saving this time
User avatar
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: lost in the forest, never to return

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved