Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends Discussion Thread!!

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:33 am

Toshiie Maede a new playable character and Katsuie has a new weapon to make him less generic.

Only one small image so far :

http://z13.invisionfree.com/koeiwarrior ... try3309451

JPN release: August 2007
NA and EU release: N/A

<ModEdit>
Last edited by LittleDragonZ on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:51 am

Too cool. I'm all for it. :)
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:52 am

I HATE how they made Toshiie look like he does in Sengoku Basara. How completely unoriginal...

Why couldn't they have given him that long golden helmet that he historically wore and that he is depicted with in the Nobunaga's Ambition Games? Hell, he was supposed to be the leader of the 'red horo' unit or something, so they could have also given him a cool, billowing cape.

The axe for Katsuie is ok, but still a bit generic. Completely unimpressive, thus far. They could have added a better character than Toshiie, since there are already enough Oda-ists in the game.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Oh!!
Excited!!
It looks good, I wish they'd put Kunoichi back into it but you can't have everything!! Oh well!!
Looks cool though!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Adam » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:51 pm

But don't you want more Nene? :P

I've never actually played any XL versions of DW games before, so I dunno whether I should care about this one or not....Empires was kinda nice though, and that's saying a lot considering how bad the Empires games were for DW.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Toshiie Maeda playable? great, maybe there be even more new faces. What consoles do you think it will be released on (fingers crossed for 360)
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:45 pm

It's already been announced for the PS2 in Japan so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be on the PS2 here. No word on the XBox 360, but considering the other SW2 games were on it I'd be surprised if it weren't.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:54 pm

Sounds fun, bout time they put Maeda man. :)
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LittleDragonZ » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:21 pm

IMO the next scan revealing the last two characters will be Kojiro supporting two dual swords making him more like Musashi. And I expect a woman. Just my opinion though.

Now think about it, Katsuie having two great big weapons will mean he's going to be as slow as Pang De. So lets just hope that also doesn't happen to Toshiie as well and hope he is naturally very strong so his speed won't be too much of a burden for us to handle.
Behold the spear of Little Dragon!
LittleDragonZ
Scholar

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:26 pm

Since Koei copied Toshiie's look from Capcom's Sengoku Basara, they might as well go all the way and plagiarize his moveset as well. Therefore, we can probably expect Toshiie to wield a spear or two and have a very fast moveset.

This is blatant sarcasm, except the last part. I have lost faith in Koei, especially since they could have created a unique look for Toshiie WITH EASE. Not only was Mr. Maeda a bad character choice, Koei also ruined him by failing to make him substantially different from Capcom's version of him. I truly expect Toshiie to have a totally bland moveset.

And I expect a woman. Just my opinion though.

They could add Matsu or Otsune since they're adding Toshiie. Methinks they could add another chick or warrior to the Tokugawa, though.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games