Musou: Orochi Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:58 am

Of course it's a giant rehash. What some elitists don't understand is that some people actually enjoy playing the same game with different tweaks over and over again. I readily admit to it. I can't get enough of DW games, EA NHL games, and RTK games. They usually only have small differences between them, but the core gameplay is enjoyable enough that the minor tweaks give me new ways to enjoy something I already know I love. :)
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
User avatar
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
 
Posts: 11905
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:38 pm
Location: Canada

Unread postby Athrun Zala » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 am

The Japanese Official Site is now Open.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi/
Athrun Zala, Pilot of ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice Gundam
風林火山 - taken from Sonshi Heihou by Takeda Shingen

Sengoku Jidai Info? Go to Sengoku Jidai Database.
User avatar
Athrun Zala
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Somewhere in the vast universe

Unread postby FuguNabe » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 am

Yeah I got that mag. I don't know if I can really say I would ever want a combined game between Shin Sangoku Musou and Sengoku Musou but...... I'm a sucker for Musou games. I can't help it ne. However I think I'm more interested in Gundam Musou than this Orochi Musou. That game looks sweet (as you can tell I'm a UC Gundam fan as well). I sure hope for a Shin Sangoku Musou 5 after Gundam Musou though. At least I can say I don't care what system it comes out on as I already have them all. :D
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
User avatar
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:26 am
Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:41 pm

I hope none of the japanese or chinese side win too much or i might turn racism against japanese people for thinking that sw people/japanese are superior to chinese people/dw =/
can someone translate this story into english?
http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi/index.htm
User avatar
Shadowlink
Langzhong
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:57 pm

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:19 pm

Kong Wen wrote:Of course it's a giant rehash. What some elitists don't understand is that some people actually enjoy playing the same game with different tweaks over and over again. I readily admit to it. I can't get enough of DW games, EA NHL games, and RTK games. They usually only have small differences between them, but the core gameplay is enjoyable enough that the minor tweaks give me new ways to enjoy something I already know I love. :)


There is the old saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it" and that counts towards the DW/SW games and games like NHL which are just fun to play. Sometimes adding something inovative can ruin a gameplay experience by making the gameplay less enjoyable. I reckon this could be a good story if its well thought out enough.
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
User avatar
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:07 pm
Location: Huddersfield, UK

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:47 pm

Kong Wen wrote:Of course it's a giant rehash. What some elitists don't understand is that some people actually enjoy playing the same game with different tweaks over and over again. I readily admit to it. I can't get enough of DW games, EA NHL games, and RTK games. They usually only have small differences between them, but the core gameplay is enjoyable enough that the minor tweaks give me new ways to enjoy something I already know I love. :)


Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I was simply saying that people shouldn''t be looking for anything revolutionary in this next game, undoubtedly I will buy the game and enjoy myself immensely playing with over 70 characters with some kind of tag team function. I still play DW and SW when I have nothing else to do, sorry if my comment came out as elitist.
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
User avatar
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:13 pm

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Xu Yuan wrote:Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I was simply saying that people shouldn''t be looking for anything revolutionary in this next game, undoubtedly I will buy the game and enjoy myself immensely playing with over 70 characters with some kind of tag team function. I still play DW and SW when I have nothing else to do, sorry if my comment came out as elitist.

Oh, no, I wasn't talking about anyone here in particular. Mainly reviewers. It does seem like every reviewer expects to see some big change or innovation in every single game that gets released.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
User avatar
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
 
Posts: 11905
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:38 pm
Location: Canada

Unread postby GenFusha » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:54 pm

So I was right in assuming that Koei has completely given up on making great new games no? Thanks for sucking so badly Koei. You give me great reason to laugh at your trivial existance in gaming.
-If there is one way I'd wanna be remembered, its for passion, for enthusiam- Conservation is my job, my life, my whole personna!*grin*-

--Steve Irwin.

1962-2006

Husband, Father, Hero, Legend. *salutes*
User avatar
GenFusha
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:01 pm

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:13 pm

GenFusha wrote:So I was right in assuming that Koei has completely given up on making great new games no? Thanks for sucking so badly Koei. You give me great reason to laugh at your trivial existance in gaming.


And you needed to post this in both threads about this game... why?
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
User avatar
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:40 pm
Location: Oh so pretty

Unread postby GenFusha » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:
GenFusha wrote:So I was right in assuming that Koei has completely given up on making great new games no? Thanks for sucking so badly Koei. You give me great reason to laugh at your trivial existance in gaming.


And you needed to post this in both threads about this game... why?
Because I saw this one later. This one has the scans so I had to say something.
-If there is one way I'd wanna be remembered, its for passion, for enthusiam- Conservation is my job, my life, my whole personna!*grin*-

--Steve Irwin.

1962-2006

Husband, Father, Hero, Legend. *salutes*
User avatar
GenFusha
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved