Musou: Orochi Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Musou: Orochi Discussion Thread

Unread postby Jason » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:53 pm

I actually forgot I had this game, and started playing again. I've maxed out Ranmaru, Nene, Ina, and Da Ji...and have gotten them all perfect weapons with all 10's. For whatever reason, it took like 15 tries just to get a final weapon for Ranmaru, everyone else kept getting them. I'm surprised how powerful Nene is, especially with some good add-ons. I destroy everything at the speed of light, but my favorite move has to be Da Ji's R1 attack, the pillars of officer auto-death :lol:

Fun game, only need Tadakatsu and orochi now. Now, to impress Tada, all I have to do is kill Lu Bu when he shows up? I've only had it say he was impressed once :x
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby teo » Tue May 12, 2009 8:58 am

intresting , but not appealing to me.
teo
Tyro

Unread postby Sean » Tue May 12, 2009 9:19 am

I remember this idea being tossed around in the Koei Warriors forum way before this game was released. Hell, people always talked about a DW vs SW game, like comparing Sanada Yukimura to Zhao Yun (which this game does show, especially at Cheng Du battle), but more popular is the Honda Tadakatsu vs. Lu Bu match-up that people are oh-so-crazy over. As much of a fan service this game really is, I must say I like it more than the other DW and SW games. Orochi is a push-over--Zuo Ci should be the final boss.

One thing I don't like is the sudden new pronunciation of "Cao". It's no longer "Cow" but "Sao" or "Tzao" or something. I honestly preferred "Cow" more.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon May 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Ah, the new pronounciations threw me a little too but was it not originally, historically that is, Tsao Tsao as opposed to Cow Cow??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:57 pm

I love this game! Just started playing it again. I think with a brand new storyline Koei really showed us why we all love the Warrior series'. I love the three player system and Sun Ce being the main character in the Wu storyline makes this game a dream come true for me. I wanna complete it then get WO2 and then check out the rumours I've heard about a new game callled WOZ...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:27 pm

Can anyone tell me what you have to do to unlock the character on Wei's 3-X?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dumb Taoist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:40 pm

I can't get the cavalier skills!!!!
I find it incredibly hard to get Guan Yu's 70 kills at 30% life gauge
As far as I can tell I'm achieving that goal, but I never get the ability
Can someone clarify exactly when I've reached 30% is it right when it turns to red? Because I've been very low on health when I've gotten 70 kills and still no dice.
Any tips would be appreciated
Dumb Taoist
Apprentice

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 pm

It sounds like you have it the wrong way around. You're supposed to get 70 kills while keeping your health above 30%.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Dumb Taoist » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:23 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:It sounds like you have it the wrong way around. You're supposed to get 70 kills while keeping your health above 30%.
Wow, that makes much more sense, thank you! Hmm but it seems like I would have that by now, right? I mean that should just happen naturally during play and my Guan is lv. 22 :S
Dumb Taoist
Apprentice

Unread postby Ben_c » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Can anyone tell me what you have to do to unlock the character on Wei's 3-X?

Wei's 3X that would be Zhang Liao

Within 3 minutes, do the following:
• Defeat Kotaro Fuma, Hanzo Hattori & Kunoichi
• Defeat 300 (no time limit)
Note: Speed is essential, just rush to NE fort & defeat Hanzo & Kotaro
when they spawn, then rush back to N path to defeat Kunoichi. Item
appears on the altar in the ally main camp.

Dumb Taoist wrote:
Xiahou Mao wrote:It sounds like you have it the wrong way around. You're supposed to get 70 kills while keeping your health above 30%.
Wow, that makes much more sense, thank you! Hmm but it seems like I would have that by now, right? I mean that should just happen naturally during play and my Guan is lv. 22 :S

Yep its definatly 70 kills while keeping life above 30%, remeber should your life drop below 30% at any point during the battle even if you recover your health later you will not get the skill untill you have got your 70 kills.
Ben_c
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games