Musou: Orochi Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Musou: Orochi Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks mate, the level I really struggle with is the Wu one with Ci and Meng trying to save Nene (?). I really can't do it! :(
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Thanks mate, the level I really struggle with is the Wu one with Ci and Meng trying to save Nene (?). I really can't do it! :(

Do you know the stage number or the officer you are trying to get it done with? I can remeber better from that than from things that happen during the stage.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Grrr I'm stuck on the level where you have to beat Keiji Maeda, how many times do you have to beat those drums?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sean » Thu May 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Grrr I'm stuck on the level where you have to beat Keiji Maeda, how many times do you have to beat those drums?

I think it's at least 4 times. It might be more, like 6 times.
That also happens to be Ina's PI stage, by the way. I hate Osaka Bay so much.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri May 14, 2010 3:59 pm

!*%&$"&*£$^*(&£!2£ I hate that level. I've had at least 20 attempts at unlocking him now. I'm resorting to easy *hangs head in shame*.

EDIT: DONE IT... feels like cheating though.
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri May 14, 2010 6:31 pm

So, I'm thinking about importing Orochi Z. I figure I know enough about how these games work that the language barrier wouldn't really be an issue. It's kind of weird that they gave up on bringing this series to NA when they're still working on other crazy installments in the Warriors franchise.

EDIT: Too late, I ordered it. ;) I had a look at the trophies and they look like a real pain—complete all stages on Chaos mode? Yaaaay....
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Sean » Sat May 22, 2010 2:36 am

Kong Wen wrote:EDIT: Too late, I ordered it. ;) I had a look at the trophies and they look like a real pain—complete all stages on Chaos mode? Yaaaay....

Warriors Orochi 2 has something similar, except not for trophies, but for portraits. There's one that requires you to complete all levels on all difficulties. Sometimes I wonder what these people are on, because they definitely didn't think it through enough to realize that this wouldn't be a fun task.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat May 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Sean wrote:Warriors Orochi 2 has something similar, except not for trophies, but for portraits. There's one that requires you to complete all levels on all difficulties. Sometimes I wonder what these people are on, because they definitely didn't think it through enough to realize that this wouldn't be a fun task.

I assume they're thinking that people will love their game so much that they'll naturally just accomplish these tasks without noticing...
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Masatog » Sun May 23, 2010 7:18 am

I don't think so since hundreds of games will be needed to add up to the quota of whatever is needed.

I thought Orochi Z was just a combination of the same stages from Orochi 1 and 2 + some new dream stages for the new characters from Orochi 2 and Z itself.
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Tarrot » Sun May 23, 2010 10:02 am

In fairness, look at the grinding you need to do to unlock Orochi X/Shin Orochi in WO2. Clearing each stage on each difficulty really isn't that difficult of a task considering you need to grind an average of 30 proficiency per character basically. And then there's the portraits unlocked when you hit 50 proficiency per character, times 90 or so characters.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games