Samurai Warriors 2 (& Empires) Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby great Lu Bu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:30 pm

Adam Sisemore wrote:OK, I'm seriously getting irritated with Shingen's dream, I managed to avoid getting locked up with the fake Shimazu, but everytime either Katsuyori or Kagekatsu ends up getting killed.
Is there some sort of friggin' trick to it?
It's driving me friggin' insane.

Edit: Erm, yes easy mode helped....I forgot it existed.
(sarcastically)Of Course You Did :roll:

EDIT 1:
SunXia wrote:Oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the teen hooker look, it just makes it seem less believable that she's this mother-innocent-do right-type!! And on top of that, she was supposed to b a ninja, just doesn't seem authentic!!
Why are they afraid to add an older woman??

I love Kunoichi's second suit in the first game, I'd love that to be her actual costume!!
I hate Nenes mother figure too

EDIT 2:
Kong Wen wrote:Adam, VA credits are in the credits, too. They scrolled too fast for me to type them out / write them down... but you could look, for your interest.

EDIT:

If you dismiss bodyguards, do they keep their stats? Because I'd like to level up some new bodyguards, but I don't want the ones I've already levelled to uh, not be levelled anymore.
Yes They Keep The Stats

<ModEdit>
Those Who Stand In My Way Shall Fall
great Lu Bu
Apprentice

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 am

So big big Q for this good looking game (XL), is it in the Renbu system? and do they change it up in XL? 'Cause if it's not in renbu I'll be severly dissapointed cause it looks awesome, but don't know if I like the old system enough.
Semper Fi on the God Most High.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Calax » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:09 am

TheRealWolfman wrote:So big big Q for this good looking game (XL), is it in the Renbu system? and do they change it up in XL? 'Cause if it's not in renbu I'll be severly dissapointed cause it looks awesome, but don't know if I like the old system enough.
Haven't played it but my guess is that it runs off the old system like it's base game SW2.
Calax
Apprentice

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:14 pm

TheRealWolfman wrote:So big big Q for this good looking game (XL), is it in the Renbu system? and do they change it up in XL? 'Cause if it's not in renbu I'll be severly dissapointed cause it looks awesome, but don't know if I like the old system enough.

It's still SW2, even with the XL form. That means no Renbu. All the old characters have their SW2 movesets, though everyone gets a new charge attack (C5 or C9, depending on what type of moveset they have).

The new Orochi game will still use the old system as well.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Skode » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:

It's still SW2, even with the XL form. That means no Renbu. All the old characters have their SW2 movesets, though everyone gets a new charge attack (C5 or C9, depending on what type of moveset they have).

The new Orochi game will still use the old system as well.

I seem to be the only one to likes the old system better :shock: its good to go back and play so many characters who at least appear to have unique weapon movesets to the rest of the character list. I am looking forward to seeing all the new charge attacks especially the more technical characters as they only get about 3 charge attacks in the first place
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Calax » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 pm

after playing XL for about 3 hours I must say Mr. Maeda rocks. Gracia is... SLOW and Kojiro got a revamp... again.

I wish they'd pick one version of Kojiro and stick to it. admittedly he's now unique rather than a souped up generic.
Calax
Apprentice

Unread postby Huang Bob » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:56 am

*Wishing there was a create mode in XL*

Seriously...why would you put it in Empires and leave it out of XL, or am I missing something?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:55 am

um. Gracia is the worst character ever.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Zhao Guang » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:12 am

Hey. Is it okay to discuss Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends here, or is there already a thread that I am missing?
Zhao Guang
Apprentice

Unread postby Skode » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Zhao Guang wrote:Hey. Is it okay to discuss Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends here, or is there already a thread that I am missing?

A good point as there are no exclusive SW2: XL topics that i know of at least - the closest one i see is

http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=17660&start=110

Maybe a mod should change the topic title to include XL as well as Empires to aviod confusion :D
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games