Samurai Warriors 2 (& Empires) Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby DarkScorpion26 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:18 am

That's true I still believe it can get better, and only time will tell.
I would like to see the 8 bodyguard system be brought back to many times in the game I was surrounded by enemies. And the one bodyguard I had was himself getting beat down. And peons need to be more aggressive plenty of times they are trying to attack me from behind. Seriously they should just attack from where ever they confront me. The generals does it so should they.
Better VA not all but some, and besides that its all good 7/10 rating I give for this game.
Koei, You must put in Yasuke Kurusan for SW series. He can be the intimidator of the game, he would be the perfect Bg for Nobunaga.
DarkScorpion26
Academic

Unread postby gren » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:33 pm

after doing a good play through with musashi, i have come up with two conclusions, first musashi is a monster. second, kojiro is very very very creepy, in that S&M fashion. it got so bad when ever he popped up, i would scream god leave me alone, i dont like you. thankfully, musashi kills him . also does anyone else feel that kotaro fuma, got waaaaaaaaay to much game time? he was practicly every where.
gren
Master Sleeping Treestump

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:53 pm

also does anyone else feel that kotaro fuma, got waaaaaaaaay to much game time? he was practicly every where.

He did get way to much game time. Ok I didn't play the first one, but I wanted to say I was very impressed with this game. Anyways I thought Kotaro Fuma looked really stupid he was like a crazy psychotic clown ninja or something.
Last edited by MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! on Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:13 am

Yeah, Kotaro seems to be everywhere.
I haven't unlocked Musashi yet, but the characters in SW2 are all well-balanced because of their specials. Personally I like Hanzo. It took some time to learn how to effectively control his shadows, but now I easily kill generals with my small squad and there's no need to take any risk and personally fight 5-6 charged generals. If only his shadows wouldn't disappear after a short time and he could clone them more and more :wink:
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:48 pm

I think that Ginchiyo is amazing. Her combo's just rock, especially her final charge, the Lightning Thrust. Most of the time, a general will stop blocking right before it, and you slam right through them. Her charge before that shoots forward nicely, and the one before that has a great radius. Even more, her SSSST breaks guards pretty well too. Her musou is okay, a bit Zhen Ji like really.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:27 pm

In the end it was just the gameplay getting deeper, looks more realistic the enemies running in fear than just running (spear ready) towards a spawning gate. I also noticed how good Ginchiyo is too, especially when using her Attack strength up special move.
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:16 am

Have you also noticed that there is an echo if you fight in caves and also the voices of archers and riflemen are getting louder when you approach them?
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:39 am

I have a question. Is there any way to turn off those introduction scenes when you meet a playable character? It is really annoying when i am killing someone and suddenly the actions stops just for someone to introduce themselves. I am loving the game but that is really annoying.
As for a character i really like i found that when i play as Azai my enemies tend to die really fast. Plus i like his ability to call in a small team of fighters for a short time, and his elemental ability is really useful.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:01 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:I have a question. Is there any way to turn off those introduction scenes when you meet a playable character? It is really annoying when i am killing someone and suddenly the actions stops just for someone to introduce themselves. I am loving the game but that is really annoying.

Options > Events > Off

That'll fix that for you.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Jason » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:25 pm

Instead of having the event screen, it should almost be like a pop up that doesn't ruin your flow. Like, in one of the top corners, a little screen doing thier introduction. That be neat.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games