If Koei makes a WWI/WWII themed game...

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

If Koei makes a WWI/WWII themed game...

Unread postby Nagamasa Azai » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:43 am

May the power of the Azai be with you...
A member of these forums
The Scholars of Shen Zhou
KOEI Warriors Forum
Messenger Plus! Forums
Nagamasa Azai
Academic

Location: Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Unread postby zhangliao100 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:53 am

i wouldnt play it

gun games just arent fun
im back

again
zhangliao100
Master

Unread postby Mike » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:03 am

Wouldn't work. Characters would be hacking and slashing with guns. If not guns, then bayonets. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Mike
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Nagamasa Azai » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:30 am

Mike wrote:Wouldn't work. Characters would be hacking and slashing with guns. If not guns, then bayonets. Doesn't make any sense to me.

You dont have to hack and slash, like how Magoichi Saika and Masaumme Date doesnt always hack and slash in SW1 or 2.

Well I did say like DW, not identical to DW.
A member of these forums
KOEI Warriors Forum
Messenger Plus! Forums
Nagamasa Azai
Academic

Location: Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Unread postby Mike » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:21 pm

If just think that there's no variety in a game like that. What other weapons would you have other than guns? DW is a hack and slash game. The entire premise of the game is to go around and dice every enemy soldier.
Mike
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:01 pm

I'd wonder how Koei got Krazier.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Nagamasa Azai » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:15 am

Mike wrote:If just think that there's no variety in a game like that. What other weapons would you have other than guns? DW is a hack and slash game. The entire premise of the game is to go around and dice every enemy soldier.

Tanks. Different types of guns.

And bullet range isnt as far as it is right now. It was a lot shorter, and different types of guns can have different ranges, like short swords and long spears.

And the premise of the game can be to go around and shoot every enemy soldier.
A member of these forums
KOEI Warriors Forum
Messenger Plus! Forums
Nagamasa Azai
Academic

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:59 am

Mike wrote:Wouldn't work. Characters would be hacking and slashing with guns. If not guns, then bayonets. Doesn't make any sense to me.

World War 1 brought a massive variety of new weapons to the fray. Haber invented things that allowed for the implementation of chemical weapons, subs or u-boats were used by the Germans to stop the British navy, airplanes became popular, armoured vehicles like tanks started being used and many different kinds of guns, uniforms and stuff were experimented with.

I was thinking that a good WW1, WW2 themed game could be kind of like this-

http://battalionwars.com/
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mike » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:08 am

SlickSlicer wrote:World War 1 brought a massive variety of new weapons to the fray. Haber invented things that allowed for the implementation of chemical weapons, subs or u-boats were used by the Germans to stop the British navy, airplanes became popular, armoured vehicles like tanks started being used and many different kinds of guns, uniforms and stuff were experimented with.

Yes, you've got the introduction of various things (you forgot planes). But anyhow, I don't see how a DW style game would work with guns. You could replace horses with tanks and such. But if I was looking for such an all rounded game, I'd turn to Battlefield 1942.
Mike
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:10 am

Mike wrote:
SlickSlicer wrote:World War 1 brought a massive variety of new weapons to the fray. Haber invented things that allowed for the implementation of chemical weapons, subs or u-boats were used by the Germans to stop the British navy, airplanes became popular, armoured vehicles like tanks started being used and many different kinds of guns, uniforms and stuff were experimented with.

Yes, you've got the introduction of various things (you forgot planes). But anyhow, I don't see how a DW style game would work with guns. You could replace horses with tanks and such. But if I was looking for such an all rounded game, I'd turn to Battlefield 1942.

Yeah I don't really think it could work without turning into something silly in the vain of DW either. It would have to be more tactical and less of a hack-n-slasher. If Koei did it right though, maybe you could still control some of the big generals in the game. If it was WW2 for instance, Rommel, McArthur, etc. would all be big.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games