Destiny of an Emperor Challenge

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

What do you think of the challenge?

I enjoyed it!
37%
I plan to enjoy it!
16%
I love DoaE, but don’t have the time...
11%
This is to save the topic from pruning, huh?
37%

Total votes : 19

Unread postby James » Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 pm

Sure! First, make sure the screen is a regular pixel dimension (2x or 1x, for example). The pixels shouldn’t be blurry. Then, with your emulator in a window, click to the desktop and hit PrtScn (Print Screen). From there, open Paint (or your favorite photo editing program) and export the image as a BMP or other file that doesn’t result in color loss.

You can then email it to me using webmaster at kongming dot net. I’ll do the rest for you. We just need the party status screen (as shown on the challenge home page) as your party was set up after your final battle with Sima Yi. If you want to send the saved ROM file too, I post them for download.

What rules did you play under?
I see you recruited Pang Tong, but avoided Lü Bu.
Did you fight the pirates? Did you use Power Pills? :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tarrot » Thu May 03, 2007 2:32 am

I'll have to re-fight the battle as I don't think I saved anything after it, but that's the problem: I did all of this, I saved it as a .jpg after opening it in my clipart folder, and the file was saved wrong. I have one file left on my clipart, the final experience bar, and that's not saving anything properly either. For rules:

Recruited Pang Tong, smokepotted through Shu and the final Lu Bu battle. I used powerpills sparingly, but didn't use any in Wu onwards, and I really think if I was conscious of the no power pill rule, I'd been able to accomplish any of my battles without much struggle, so I'd like to apply under that rule. :D
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu May 03, 2007 3:35 am

Have you simply tried print screen? :)

JPG and certain other file formats are best avoided. They actually compress the image wrong. You can get a perfect image using GIF or PNG, though, as long as the formats are saved properly. Print Screen should work just fine, and I should be able to work with the larger image just fine on my end. Then I’ll enter you into the Challenge hall o’ fame.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri May 04, 2007 12:38 am

Ok, redid the battle, had much worse luck with Ce Mian, got An Sha'd once after Sima died, but still managed to pull out off. I've sent the state as well as 4 pics showing my status throughout and at the end.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Just starting

Unread postby Cosmix » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:54 pm

I love this challenge. I'm only getting to Yuan Shu on it now, but I've beat DoaE at least a dozen times, probably around 20. This should be a lot of fun.
Cosmix
Tyro

Unread postby Cosmix » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:00 pm

Kept Zhang Fei low in the party list to keep his damage higher and used 3 power pills, 2 on Lu Bu, 1 on Yuan Shao. Used Fu Bing on Zhao Yun and Guan Yu twice each and used the rest of my TP on Tong Xian.
Cosmix
Tyro

Unread postby James » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:31 pm

Tarrot wrote:Ok, redid the battle, had much worse luck with Ce Mian, got An Sha'd once after Sima died, but still managed to pull out off. I've sent the state as well as 4 pics showing my status throughout and at the end.

I forgot about this! My original email didn’t actually include the attachments. Did you wind up sending me it through some other means? Do you still have the content to send?

Cosmix wrote:Kept Zhang Fei low in the party list to keep his damage higher and used 3 power pills, 2 on Lu Bu, 1 on Yuan Shao. Used Fu Bing on Zhao Yun and Guan Yu twice each and used the rest of my TP on Tong Xian.

Awesome! And good idea, moving people down to the bottom. That would have helped me during a few tougher battles when I went through the challenge some time ago. I look forward to seeing your progress through the challenge. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:14 am

Just to reply, I never deleted my stuff, I just never bothered to send it. I might upload it later to my own website (I'm so old school I have a homestead account from back in the day when imageshack didn't exist for hotlinking pictures) but considering I'm off to Taiwan and I forgot about this for a few months, it'll probably be around the time I join the development project. :P
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Ahh… you bum! Send it in an email!
(If even just the picture). :P
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Cosmix » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:55 pm

I haven't played much since work has been so busy, but I finished Shu without much trouble, I suffered my first loss by trying to take both gates before Yan Yan, I forget the name of the castle, and fighting Yan Yan with nearly no TP. After going back it wasn't very hard though. I'm about to start my Wu campaign.
Cosmix
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games