Dynasty Tactics: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Tactics?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
Unsure
No votes
Never Played It…
13%

Total votes : 24

Re: Dynasty Tactics: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Zappa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:06 pm

Ok I have Cao Cao Zhang Liao Lu Bu Xiahou Dun and Yuan as well as Xu Hang and Xu Chu and Dian Wei as the strongest my strategist is Jia Xu who has some skill Ive got four well leveled spy the rest however is LV.4-6
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Zappa wrote:Ok I have Cao Cao Zhang Liao Lu Bu Xiahou Dun and Yuan as well as Xu Hang and Xu Chu and Dian Wei as the strongest my strategist is Jia Xu who has some skill Ive got four well leveled spy the rest however is LV.4-6

What happened to Guo Jia? Next time you play through as Cao Cao, set him to builders after the first battle, and never stop using him. He's the best* strategist in the game. I'd also recommend giving Cao Cao infantry and then Rangers, as Cao Cao's leadership tactics are what make him such a great officer.

Well, Cao Cao, Jia Xu, Lu Bu, Dian Wei and 2 spies can probably take on an army of 8. You could then give that army some second rate cannon fodder, and then use the second half of your good army to defend.

Have you recruited Deng Ai? You'll find him in the top left section of the map. He has massive amounts of troops, and great tactics, which can be a great help to your defending army should they need the power. He's friends with Sima Yi.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Zappa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Yes I have him he has lot of troops but not thus good tactics but the problem is that the enemy he has too strong men if I would start new how should I begin? And whats even more Important is there a level up trick my armys are always too weak when it comes to the last chapters it seems the CPU as everyone leveled up well
and I have only 8 good officers.DT 2 was by far easier since the army gained experience with every ended story
but here you always start from the first or second level.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Zappa wrote:Yes I have him he has lot of troops but not thus good tactics but the problem is that the enemy he has too strong men if I would start new how should I begin? And whats even more Important is there a level up trick my armys are always too weak when it comes to the last chapters it seems the CPU as everyone leveled up well
and I have only 8 good officers.DT 2 was by far easier since the army gained experience with every ended story
but here you always start from the first or second level.

No leveling up trick, i'm afraid. You get deeds from killing units, so try to kill as many units in a battle as possible, not just the leader.
In the weak army, have you tried giving it someone who has Taunt? With that Tactic, you can Taunt the leader and win a massively outnumbered battle.

If you want to start again, with Cao Cao, i'd use this tean:

me wrote:Cao Cao - Footmen/Rangers
Guo Jia - Builders
Xu Zhu - Spearmen
Xu Huang - Cavalry
Zhang Liao - Cavalry
Xu Shu/Sima Yi/Tian Feng - Builders
Dian Wei - Spearmen
Xiahou Dun, or if I can get him, Zhao Yun - Cavalry

You'll have no problem. If you use Lu Bu, you can even put Dian Wei in a second army. Recruit everyone at the start. Can't stress that enough. I'm not at home right now, so I can't go in to more detail, but every officer you hire is an officer they can't use.
By the sounds of it, you haven't used Strategists that much. Give Guo Jia an item that +Int, and at the end, you'll find he can reach over 90 Int :shock:
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:43 am

Your right never used a lot of Strategists or items but Im always recruting everyone although I found out that the free officers get stronger if you let them be independent for a few chapters.

Im still wondering if there are some cheats and how about the auto option is CPU fighting good?
Last edited by Zappa on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Ok I made it I unified the Land with Cao now with Liu Bei what should be my first moves? I want to ally with Lu Bu
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Zappa wrote:Ok I made it I unified the Land with Cao now with Liu Bei what should be my first moves? I want to ally with Lu Bu

As soon as the first scenario ends, where you choose to ally Lu Bu or not, send Liu Bei up north as an envoy! Save at the start incase you get caught, but you really need Zhao Yun and Gongsun Zan early on. Try to capture Gao Shun when you battle Lu bu eventually, it takes a 3 tactic chain to capture a level 3 officer, and a 4 tactic to capture a 4 and 5 level officer.

Also, if you ally Lu Bu, when you battle
Spoiler
Yuan Shu
make sure you capture
spoiler
Ji Ling
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 pm

I recruited quiet a lot of man I have now ca.25 officers under them are Gonsun and Zhao Yun and I captured Yu Jin in teh first level but capturing Ji Ling was too hard but I tooked Zhan Xiu as a prisoner also have Cheng Gui as a spy but I need a second.
Ji Ling joined me after that so I neednt capture him

Now I have to decide whether to ally with Bu again or attack him which one is better?
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Zappa wrote:I recruited quiet a lot of man I have now ca.25 officers under them are Gonsun and Zhao Yun and I captured Yu Jin in teh first level but capturing Ji Ling was too hard but I tooked Zhan Xiu as a prisoner also have Cheng Gui as a spy but I need a second.
Ji Ling joined me after that so I neednt capture him

Now I have to decide whether to ally with Bu again or attack him which one is better?

I'd attack him. That way, you might have an easier time capturing some of his officers. You should be able to hire Zhang Liao afterwards, if I remember right.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Ok I think I reached the hardest scenario of all Wu and Wei are allies
Goal:take Jiang Ye Xu Chang Ye and Han Zhong in 40 turns

Altough I have 5 armys with great leveled officers this task seems to be nearly impossible anyone here has a idea?
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games