Destiny of an Emperor II: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Destiny of an Emperor II?

Yes
79%
No
2%
Unsure
5%
Never played it…
14%

Total votes : 43

Destiny of an Emperor II: Discussion Thread

Unread postby James » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:22 am

Use this thread for general discussion and questions related to Capcom’s Destiny of an Emperor II.
Destiny of an Emperor II Home Page at Kongming’s Archives.
The NES version of Destiny of an Emperor II was translated to English by Magic Destiny and is available for download at the Kongming’s Archives game downloads page.
Last edited by James on Thu May 18, 2006 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jipomax » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:21 pm

How do I get through that silly stone maze :shock:

I can't get through it and the walkthroughs i have seen don't have that part in them :(
Jipomax
Tyro

Unread postby kaoum » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:15 pm

I need help to find the tea set to break Sima Yi's thunder none of the villager seem to tell me where I can find one and this section is not in the faqs.
kaoum
Tyro

Unread postby Wiseguy237 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:56 pm

There is an old man in Luo castle who wasn't home last time you passed through. He's now home, and will give you a tea set.
Wiseguy237
Tyro

Unread postby inflamesjester » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:59 pm

Jipomax, I feel your pain, man. I've been stuck on that damn stone maze for weeks now. :x Does anyone know how to get through it? The only faq I have (and I believe the only one out there) says "3 times through the third gate in the east and 4 times through the third gate in the west" I have tried a lot of combinations and nothing works.... any help would be appreciated... thanx in advance..
inflamesjester
Tyro

Unread postby ShenWei » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:32 pm

Zhuge Liang-I am at the stage where he should join but it keeps saying he is out cold and to come back later. I can't see that I missed anything and there doesn't seem to be anything else to do. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I've started over twice now and this has happened to me each time. Villages are cleared out, I've talked to Sima Hui, Zhuge Jun met me in Xinye and told me he was there, but he just won't wake up on his own. Please help![/code]
ShenWei
Tyro

DoaE 2 help

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:36 am

I'd just like to say, for all of you looking for help on DoaE2 (regarding the tea set or stone maze sections) go to www.lordyuanshu.com and click on the destiny of an emperor 2 picture. The walkthrough there will help you.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

More specifically

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:54 am

The answer to the stone maze question; follow the directions you list literally. take the far right path up 3 times and then the far left path up 4 times and head right for the staircase. remember there are items along the way that you may wish to get but that may also get you further confused.

Zhuge Liang - Same as Destiny of an Emperor 1. "Check" him and pause after you click. Eventually he'll wake up on his own, just don't get impatient and wake him.

This help?
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ShenWei » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:04 pm

Yes that did help, I wasn't pausing. Thank you so much!
ShenWei
Tyro

Unread postby James » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:13 pm

Continued from the <a href="/viewtopic.php?p=324586#324586">Forum FAQ</a>…

SlickSlicer wrote:I think I have all the Shu warriors unlocked in Destiny of an Emperor II and am at level 49. If by chance you need pics of them I can easily send them to you along with reviews of the characters that you can place in your party and how good they are for the game and maxed out (since I am just about maxed). I can even include the two Wei officers that you get at the beginning of the game (pretty easy to get info on them since I can just restart and jot down info on these two) and historical info (if needed) on these generals. I also got access to both the big maps of the game and if you want these as well I will be glad to post them as well although I am not sure if it's possible to connect them into one big map. If you need this info just tell me and I'll be glad to type it up and post it on this forum. :)

I used to have every single portrait from the game except about two of those Wu officers that appear only for that single attack, but then I wound up having to reformat that computer and lost them all. One might think I’d know better, but apparently I don’t.

If you (or LordYuanShu) have a portraits collection I would love to have it for sharing at Kongming’s Archives. It probably wouldn’t be too hard to fill in a few missing portraits, but I would like to note that it is important that none of the portraits are cropped out (that makes it really hard to put the section together) and not compressed in a manner that reduces their quality (I use GIF or PNG for these portraits). Even better yet, if all the portraits were cropped exactly to the portrait, I could toss it up in no time.

I would be happy to get the maps. :)

As for an officer listing, are you thinking about something like <a href="http://kongming.net/doae/officer/">this page</a>? If so, I would also be more than happy to post it to Kongming’s Archives—it is just a lot of work. Ideally, it would include all the fundamental information for each officer. The max stats at the max level would also be a lot of fun.

I’m always interested in adding something to the Destiny of an Emperor section.

Lordyuanshu wrote:Ah James, I also have some things for your site as well, if you'll take them/need them.

I've been trying to email you regarding this, as the Destiny of an Emperor 2 section at my site is complete and has all the necessary information you would need. That said, I also have the avatars for all the generals accessible in the game (enemies and allies, including the Wu generals that you see for only a very short time). Even a ranking list for the generals you get in your army, all thirty four regardless of the tenure they serve. I'm in the process of finishing a text guide for DoaE2 that and this should be finished and on GameFAQs soon enough. All I ask is that you check it out, anything you'd like to include on your site is cool by me, just let me know, I'm eager to help expand your DoaE pages...

I’ve known about your site for quite some time now, but as a matter of course I don’t cannibalize information from other people’s lists for inclusion at Kongming’s Archives. If you would love to share that information with the site, though, I would absolutely love to post it.

Same note on the portraits. I’ve been hoping to put the whole collection up on the site, but I lost my own set. Only thing I need is the full named collection, equal in size and not cropped into the images, and with proper compression (or none at all; either way, not an issue, as the quality of the portraits on your site is perfect in this regard).

Is your general analysis complete? :)

Heck, I’d probably be happy to adapt your walkthrough as well, if you like.

And of course you (and your site) would be given full credit and copyright for any information adapted or used. I don’t think I’ve said it before, but thank you for creating one of the three fun Destiny of an Emperor pages on the internet. Those old games are so wonderful, but sadly neglected. I might have to actually create a Destiny of an Emperor 2 page.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games