Destiny of an Emperor II: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Destiny of an Emperor II?

Yes
79%
No
2%
Unsure
5%
Never played it…
14%

Total votes : 43

Re: Destiny of an Emperor II: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 am

So you never used that cheat yet?
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rimmer dall » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:02 pm

James wrote:I just re-read it. All saved games aren't working regardless of location?

What did you do before this happened? Are the saved games at various points of the game?
I Just went back over playing DOAE 2> Jnes emulator worked fine and i did complete the game. What i found out why SHEN PEI didnt appear as well. I am back on the Virtua Nes and the game did have Shen their at the dock. The reason he doesnt show up is you miss something > YOU Must talk to enough people and then ZHUGE LIANG ! Otherwise you will think you have to play the game all over and you don"t !!!!!!! I do have screen shots on the part of getting the BLOOD SEAL and how to get it 2nd dungeon lvl and 3rd!!! I found out a few other tricks people most likely haven' tried and they do work well !!!
rimmer dall
Tyro

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:10 pm

So it most likely happens to those people like me who don't talk to anyone after their first time through... However, I was lucky enough to talk to Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bei An Li » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 pm

This topic's pret-ty old but i want to know if someone wants to help me rip the sprites from DOAE2. I want to make a game using the graphics based on RTK. I have YY-CHR but it doesn't give color palettes for the specific people. I'm also thinking about making DOAE-Online using BYOND so if anyone wants to help with sprites, give me the go! :)
Yuan Shao:"Don't pursue Lu Bu!"
Me:"Okay..." (Pursues him anyways)
Bei An Li
Tyro

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:04 am

If you make DoaE Online I will give you the largest cookie in the world. Chocolate chip.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Babalookan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:37 am

I'm stuck there is no one around SUN QUAN what happened to them? all he says is ZHUGE LIANG HELP US! and i went to PANG TONGS house and he isn't there.
Babalookan
Tyro

Unread postby James » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Babalookan wrote:I'm stuck there is no one around SUN QUAN what happened to them? all he says is ZHUGE LIANG HELP US! and i went to PANG TONGS house and he isn't there.

Is this the part where someone can vanish depending on the emulator (for any in the know)? I'm having trouble remembering. Aside from checking a walkthrough to make sure you haven't missed a step I don't recall the specific details. What emulator are you using?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Hmm, it's been too long since I've been through that game.

My first thought is what James said. Maybe there is some plot event you haven't done. Check out all the castles nearby; I assume you beat the bandits in those villages to the southeast of Chai Sang? Other than that maybe return to mainland Jingzhou and re-visit the castles in Xin Ye, Xiang Yang, etc. Speak with the important plot people at the castles and the Jiu-Swilling Souse at Xiang Yang.

Hopefully that helps. Sometimes the game does get screwed up but 90% of the time I remember that being in the Shu area with Yang Zhou.

This might help, I'll link to the Wu Alliance part of the guide at Kongming and LYS.

Kongming Destiny of an Emperor II Red Cliffs Guide

Lord Yuan Shu Destiny of an Emperor II Wu Alliance Walkthrough
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re:

Unread postby miavia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:24 pm

inflamesjester wrote:Jipomax, I feel your pain, man. I've been stuck on that damn stone maze for weeks now. :x Does anyone know how to get through it? The only faq I have (and I believe the only one out there) says "3 times through the third gate in the east and 4 times through the third gate in the west" I have tried a lot of combinations and nothing works.... any help would be appreciated... thanx in advance..

I need some help on this part, the walkthrough guide does not go in depth with this part of the game. hic :( please some one help with step by step. I try all of the combination and it still has work for me. I navigate from left to right 3 times, and the path fom the east side open up, and I have no clue what to do next., :| sad sad
miavia
Tyro

Unread postby ego1964 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:26 am

The dragon armor is in bottom right corner. From square block top right edge, walk up 3 spaces, it will be found there. It is 3 spaces from the top of the broken wall to the left if you prefer that. So 3 up or 3 over.
ego1964
Tyro

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games