Destiny of an Emperor II: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Destiny of an Emperor II?

Yes
79%
No
2%
Unsure
5%
Never played it…
14%

Total votes : 43

Re: Destiny of an Emperor II: Discussion Thread

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 am

Hi folks. Could any of you provide a screenshot of that event (PNG or some other file format which hasn't been reduced in quality)? I've heard of this problem before, and as there's a plenty-simple fix right here, I'd like to post it up on the website for anyone to take advantage of. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:28 am

What other solutions are there?
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:34 am

Stallion Fury wrote:What other solutions are there?

I don't really remember. Some folks have tried a few other things, but as far as I can tell they haven't worked out (sort of using cheat codes to bypass it, and I don't remember anything about that, either).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:16 am

Someone has to find an easy and natural way of handling this.

----

Oh, by the way, how do you beat Cao Cao at Luo? Xu Zhu and DIan Wei keep on destroying my armies, and I don't have enough time to Huo Shen them to death,
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby austbird » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Ok, a bizarre thing occurred. As I was going back to get screen caps for you, I opened my nestopia save state. As expected, the dock guard wasn't there. So I took the game save to VirtualNES like I did last time and...he still wasn't there. I redid the fight at Chencang and picked up the ticket (screenshotting all the way). Went back to the dock...nothing.

Returned to Chencang, talked to everybody, emptied the other treasure chests, stayed the night, investigated the blocked pass, went to Tianshui and stayed at the inn, saved there and reloaded...nothing worked. I took the save back to Nestopia, and that didn't work either.

So...I can give you all the screenshots you want up to the point of Shen Pei being at the dock. My earliest save state is a ways after that, unfortunately (note to soldyne - I can send you a later save state if you couldn't get Shen Pei to appear).

----------

As for Cao Cao in Luo, that one took me a few tries. Besides having Zhuge Liang in the combat party with the cloudburst scroll to extinguish the fire (Ma Liang was my strategist for that battle). I had someone as the dedicated JinXian/WanFu group healer almost every round, had plenty of revive potions on hand, and abused the fire spells for when I was unable to attack. The crossbow should also help (I didn't discover this until the final battle, which will be equally tough, if not worse). You seriously have to focus your physical attacks anytime Ji Mian lets up for a moment. I never found out which tactic counters Ji Mian until after I finished the game - apparently Jie Ce *might* work.
austbird
Tyro

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Hm... I wonder why... So you're saying that even the boat is gone, too? Or only Shen Pei? If both disappeared, maybe using the save state might have damaged the ROM somehow, it's not like natural console play. How about changing to another emulator and don't use save states this time? It just might work.

----

I killed Cao Cao after a few tries, using An Sha to kill all four subgenerals.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby austbird » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Neither Shen Pei, nor the boat are there.

This is loading from the game's .sav file - aka, when you go to the HQ to save your game, and appear in the nearest palace when you load, kind of save. Loading from this exact save file worked once...I don't understand why it didn't work a second time.
austbird
Tyro

Unread postby ZhugeLiangVN » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:56 am

Hi all .

I just wanna say to everyone that I succeeded in getting all the ultimate weapons in DoaE2. After fighting years, at least I made it. I'm very happy now and I want to share the joy with all of you !

Here are screenshots :

QingGang Sword

LiGuang Bow

ZengZong Saber

My collection

Jiang Wei

No hack, no cheats, I swear on my honor !
Last edited by ZhugeLiangVN on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZhugeLiangVN
Apprentice

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 pm

I think it's hard to put into words the achievement of being the one to find out how to acquire the great ZengZong Saber, a legendary weapon we have been seeking for years. :huohu:
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:11 pm

austbird wrote:Neither Shen Pei, nor the boat are there.

This is loading from the game's .sav file - aka, when you go to the HQ to save your game, and appear in the nearest palace when you load, kind of save. Loading from this exact save file worked once...I don't understand why it didn't work a second time.

Wow, this is getting hard. Hm... maybe your ROM could be a slightly damaged one, and it thinks that you defeated Shen Pei and the boat is already at the other side...? I wonder if moving the .sav file to another ROM might work.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games