Kessen III Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Kessen III? (Vote after you play!)

Yes
72%
No
10%
Unsure…
4%
Never played it…
14%

Total votes : 96

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:26 am

Slickslicer wrote:Shingen at Mikawa's a real toughie, even after you've beaten the game once and have the additional benefits of having some good weapons/items/skills the second play-through.

Wow, that's weird. I beat Shingen's Mikawa battle on my second playthrough first try, and I think I got the best rating too. I did have Keiji and Ina though. The battles that I had the most trouble with were the Uesugi Kenshin battle and the "Decisive Battle of Harima". I had the hardest time getting the top rating for Harima. :x If I have time, I might just play through again and see what all the fuss is about.

Although if I do play again, I'd have to play on Expert, just so that I can keep my 2(3?) Blue Moon Dragons. :P
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:47 pm

Harima's tough too but for some reason the battles after it are kind of easy. I beat Mikawa second playthrough first time as well, but the strategy I used did not really work well and I wasn't up for repeating Mikawa again. I probably should have had all my units go as one but I just took a small battallion and started heading over to the Kagemusha Takeda. The Uesugi battle was actually not as hard for me. The ambush did a lot of damage but gradually, with healing skills and stuff I healed the character that got hit (forgot who it was...maybe Toshiie or something can't remember). Kenshin took forever to beat but by the time I was against him it was all my units versus him so I just kept pounding him with skills and troop maneuvers and eventually he fell. I thought they would make the level harder in any case given that Kenshin won Tedori River...
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:06 am

I remember that the Kenshin battle was really hard for me because at one point my whole army was just pounded, with practically no troops left (although with most units intact). I probably healed, like you did, but that level stuck in my head just because of the heart-pounding moment. I vaguely recall fleeing the enemy, hoping that I'd make it out before the units collapsed. I also think that, because I was moving the units together, Kenshin whomped my whole army, rather than one unit. I should not have underestimated the Dragon of Echigo. :P
[Current System]
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:37 am

I defeated Shigen Takeda in the Decsivie Battle of Mikawa. :D . I then defeated that weakling Shogun and I have crushed those Sects and the Mori. I kinda avoided the battle with Usegui and he just died of illness later on without a single battle.
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:41 am

Well....I played a few stages over a friends house, and I must say I enjoyed the game. SO, I guess I do suggest it for others.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:03 am

I need help. I am at Chapter 11 and I need to fight the Hojo Clan and they have a monkey load of cannons any suggestions?
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:37 am

Which battle is that? The one with Sanada Yukimura?
[Current System]
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:44 am

No the Battle of Fuji. Against the Hojos, the Sanadas, and the Dates.
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:42 am

DynastyWarriors6 wrote:No the Battle of Fuji. Against the Hojos, the Sanadas, and the Dates.

Yeah that's the one with Yukimura. First move your battalions on the left and keep your other regiments completely motionless. Take out Date and then proceed to wipe the floor with Yukimura using Nobunaga and whatever other unit(s) you fielded. After that...I kind of forget what I did. :oops:
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Date

Unread postby Douglas » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:03 pm

Nah, don't take out Date.

Not only is he dangerous, but if you play your cards right, he'll join you when he sees the odds are against him.
Douglas
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games