Kessen III Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Kessen III? (Vote after you play!)

Yes
72%
No
10%
Unsure…
4%
Never played it…
14%

Total votes : 96

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:45 am

I won that battle and with my momentum I went on to win the rest of the game now all I am doing is beating the special battles which are cake thanks to everybodys help for beating the game. :D
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby The Captain America » Thu May 04, 2006 2:25 am

I can't believe that Koei only has TWO games for the XBOX. This is the only reason why I have started to hate this organisation. If they would just put this and the DW series on xbox I would love them forever.
I'm back baby and I just want to say...I lost my train of thought.
The Captain America
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: On Luke Skywalker's back teaching him the ways of the force

Unread postby Mistelten » Thu May 04, 2006 4:07 am

I just wish they would give us more of their main games. If they brought over RTK and especially Nobunaga's Ambition to the PSP, I would buy it tomorrow, but they won't give them to us anymore for some reason.

Back to Kessen, although I loved this game and played it through twice, I do wish they would make the next Kessen more like part 1. The graphics in K3 were unbeatable (as were K2's graphics at the time), and the character designs were the best of any game they've ever had...but the game is really a strategy RPG, where Kessen 1 was like a theatrical wargame. In that, you had command on the battlefield, but it was up to your division commanders to win the fights, and things could get out of hand. Just improve the AI and tweak the gameplay, and K1's system could make for an enduring series.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Thu May 04, 2006 6:40 am

Meh, I disagree with you crash. I liked the interactivity of Kessen 2 and 3. I like to be a commander on the field of battle fighting alongside my troops, issuing commands and planning tactics personally. I hope the next one is more like a tweaked Kessen II with graphics, databases and greater historical accuracy more like Kessen III.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Duncan » Thu May 04, 2006 2:55 pm

I'm with Mistelten - Kessen felt like you were a commander in battle, able to set battle strategy and win battles through the tactics you set up. In Kessen II it seemed to be heavily reliant on powerful magical abilities rather than tactics to decimate the enemy - sounds like a tactical RPG fantasy game to me. Kessen III is a tactical/RPG/hack & slash mishmash. Some of the features really worked well and the graphics were great. I enjoyed all of them, but the one I found most interesting (if too short) was the first in the series.
"No more 200-yr-old flakes of parchment getting trapped in 'problem areas'..."
Liu Yuante
Duncan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sat May 06, 2006 2:25 am

Oh I definitely agree that Kessen II was a bit easy and relied too heavily on strategy. But despite this I just wouldn't like a new game like Kessen 1 where you simply order you units to fight something. It's just not that fun for me. :(

Also, if Kessen II was all about using magic skills then Kessen I was all about using tactical skills like cannonade. In both games you didn't really need to do much besides order your units to use as many strategems as they could against enemies and possibly set up a few regiments as hiding in ambush in places where the enemy would definitely run into an ambush.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mistelten » Mon May 08, 2006 1:01 am

Well I won't say there are things about K3 that really helped it out. As said earlier, the graphics are amazing and the character designs are the best of any game (except the painted profiles in RTK, which are stills until we get XI). The ability to keep up the volleys is nice, and makes the combined arms better than infantry with a ranged special.
I just don't like how the watering down of the strategy makes it so that you don't just not give orders, but you are often forced to micromanage every decisive clash on the field......at least if you want an A or S rating. This can be frustrating, and if you are going to take losses from fog of war and confusion of orders, I would rather it be intentionally in the game.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lao Pan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:56 pm

I hope someone still reads this topic I'm on my 3rd paly through and I have 2 generals that I still missing they are question marks does anyone know of any list that lists all generals and how to unlock them. I not talking playable generals but all. For that matter a list for the movies, items, horses.........
Lao Pan
Tyro

Unread postby Elitemsh » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:31 pm

Use the following link: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/kessen_3.txt

This walkthrough will help you unlock everything.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby bugg333 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:18 am

i do recomend it. and if you like games that you can't beat quick like rotk 11 without cheating, like me, this game you;ll like. i also i like that you can control the troops :wink:
He who walks in the company of fools, suffers a long way; company with fools, as with an enemy, is always painful; company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinsfolk.
bugg333
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games