Kessen III Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Kessen III? (Vote after you play!)

Yes
72%
No
10%
Unsure…
4%
Never played it…
14%

Total votes : 96

Re: Kessen III Discussion Thread

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 am

I really did want to like Kessen 3, i really did. The storyline started out really interesting, and some of the mechanics were nice like being able to upgrade units and such (if i remember correctly, it has been a long time) but i couldn't get over the gameplay. It was basically a dynasty warriors clone with you controlling squads instead of a single person. I played Kessen games since the first one and i liked having armies, it was what drew me to the series. Like others have said, if the gameplay was like 2 while keeping everything else it would be an amazing game. If they ever do make a 4th game which i doubt, i do hope they go with a less action and more strategy path.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Your right thats what I thought too.Although Kessen 3 improved the Kessen series in so many things like the story the upgrades or just the freemode battles it was by far to much action than strategy.Im really wondering if they ll make a Kessen 4.I guess not
but who knows about the future?
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:27 pm

I dont know why but I love it when you see the scenes where the armys move over the map and teretorry chances owners thats a lot better than the story cutscenes thats why I just You Tubed the Playlists one who has all the Map Scenes for Cao and one for
Liu they were all spread but now I managed to get them all in the right order I also did the same with Kessen 3.But does anyone know where to find the Map scenes for Kessen 1?
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ben_c » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 pm

I think they struck a decent balance between stratagy and action with Kessen III, Kessen was very heavly stratagy which personally i like but its not for everyone. kessen II was terriable, the storyline was aweful and could of been the death of Kessen. kessen III stayed reasonably historically accurate, the end ok was fabricated to create a happy ending where Nobunaga doesnt die but otherwise i enjoyed it.

Zappa wrote:Your right thats what I thought too.Although Kessen 3 improved the Kessen series in so many things like the story the upgrades or just the freemode battles it was by far to much action than strategy.Im really wondering if they ll make a Kessen 4.I guess not
but who knows about the future?

I think its about time we saw a Kessen IV its been quite awhile now since Kessen III and on the next gen systems (specifically the PS3 cos thats whay I have :lol: ) a Kessen game would surely be visually pleasing if nothing else.
Ben_c
Master

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 am

The story was lame in Kessen 2, but it was also funny and entertaining. Though the first game and third game were similarly as such.

Regardless, I thought Kessen 2 was actually the most fun of the three.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:50 am

Kessen 2 was-without a doubt- the best Kessen game ever!!!

The gameplay was just awesome and the game itsself is still fun to play.The graphics are in my opinion really good.After so many years Kessen 2 can still keep up with some games for PS2.Although Lius Story isnt the best,Cao Caos was definetly something that was enjoyable.

Also it had a great balance of action and strategy.

Kessen:100% strategy
Kessen 3: 85% action

Kessen 2:85% strategy 15% action (because of the many special attacks you can make (especially the mosou attack)the game gives you the chance to take directly part in the battle,no strategy game makes that.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:54 pm

I agree with everything you just said, especially the percentages. Yep, Cao Cao's story was better too.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:04 pm

SlickSlicer wrote:I agree with everything you just said, especially the percentages. Yep, Cao Cao's story was better too.

Im glad someone agrees :D .

The possibilty, to play two storys was also a great thing.
While Kessen three simply shows the story of Nobunaga Oda Kessen two allows you to see in both camps.
I somehow liked that Kessen 2 had a fictional story and a different war, than the TKs usually have, it makes this game more exciting for veterans and Cao as Lius brother was quite funny :lol: .
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Simon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Wonder if I could have some help in Kessen III from you guys...?

I've defeated all enemies but does not end...so what am I missing?
Chapter 8 - Decisive Battle of Kizugawaguchi

I've held the ground down South and once no enemies charged down, I moved up to defeat myelf, then when the Commander was only one left, I destroyed him, but the game did not end, so I am confused....?
Simon
Tyro

Re:

Unread postby Noblesword19 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 am

Mistelten wrote:That's early on in the game. Presumably, he changes later. I'm guessing he changes after he wins at Okehazama.

I am just reading this forum and this guy got it exactly right Nobunaga enters the capital in the game and everybody changes apperances
Noblesword19
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games