Kessen III Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Kessen III? (Vote after you play!)

Yes
73%
No
11%
Unsure…
4%
Never played it…
12%

Total votes : 94

Unread postby dirtybird » Wed May 02, 2007 1:47 am

i purchased Kessen III, and i didn't like it at all. Even after i played it for a few days.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed May 16, 2007 10:54 pm

All in all, I found Kessen 3 excellent value for money and thoroughly engrossing.
From the offset, there was a bold, inviting and epic overture to it, and as the game progressed, I was consistently impressed with the sheer scope of detail and quality that resounded throughout.
A classy addition to the Kessen series; a triumph of both style and substance. :D
Last edited by Mitsunari on Sat May 26, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Sat May 26, 2007 2:32 am

I'm totally engrossed in Kessen III curently, I like the view of Nobunaga as a hero. The detail of the characters are briliant too, I recently aquired Musashi Miyamoto for my forces, will need to get more of the hidden generals on my next go through.
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Gabriel » Sat May 26, 2007 2:44 am

I'd recommend this to anyone that likes DW, since it's basically a button masher like DW/SW. I liked the more accurate story and models, as compared to Kessen II, but there's a real lack of strategy.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Sat May 26, 2007 11:11 pm

It does lack strategy but the video's are great. :)
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:38 pm

I bought the game yesterday, was actually looking for Suikoden V, but it has still eluded me!!
Anyway, bought this game so as to not make my trip into town a total waste!!
I must say I like it!! Indeed, it does lack in the strategy department, but that does not matter when I can use Ina as an actual leader of a unit!! Woo!!

I like it, but not as much as Kessen II, I don't know, I liked the over exaggerated battles in Kessen II, as if there weren't any other units on the field!! And I loved the way the spells were done, in a nice floating moment!!
But, yet to play far in the game but I do like the gameplay, its very fast!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby dwonline » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:56 am

Video's in this series have always been truly excellent! but the second wasnt as bad for its time as Kessen III.

Plus K3 is not about SGYY... :(

oh, and the story variation in K2 was more than that of DW from SGYY, but still really entertaining, and something I really would have liked to see redone like the DW series...

why cant they do the kessen style SGYY over and over? theres alot more improvements they could have made there on PS2 compared to DW4+5 etc
dwonline
Initiate

Unread postby Vladimir » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:19 pm

If it had gameplay like Kessen 2, but kept the same story/art, it would be epic.
Xiang Liang of SimRTK
Scholar of Diplomatic and Military History
Bach. Degree History Texas Tech University
Vladimir
Apprentice

Unread postby Wizkid007 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:31 pm

I thought 2 was amazing, 3 was kinda lacking.
Wizkid007
Apprentice

Re: Kessen III Discussion Thread

Unread postby Ding Feng » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:54 pm

I enjoyed Kessen III, it's the only Kessen game I've ever played. It's not all that strategic but the graphics and gameplay are pretty cool I think, I also enjoyed the character development and story line, it was pretty long and a part of me liked the fact that it tweaked Nobunaga's death and made him survive, just because it is different. Although I think having the option of him dying would have been cool too and taking over as Hideyoshi. All and all, I think it was pretty fun. I haven't played it for a little while, though.
"Know thy enemy and know thy self, find naught to fear in 100 battles. Know not thy enemy, but know thy self, find victory and defeat in equal measure. Know thy enemy, but know not thy self, find defeat in every battle." -Sun Tzu
Ding Feng
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games