Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Which game is your favorite?

Legend of Heroes (Eiketsuden)
11%
Legend of Cao Cao (Sousouden)
48%
Legend of Kong Ming (Koumeiden)
5%
Unsure
8%
Never played them…
29%

Total votes : 66

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu May 24, 2007 2:28 am

Oh sorry Lady Wu, I gave up on Legend of Liu Bei since it wasn't so user friendly and there are no tactics to choose from like Legend of Kongming. Umm Lady Wu I cant read Japanese or Chinese so I don't know what Battle Im at. Ill upload a image of the battlefield soon. You remember where Zhuge Liang Burn Sima Yi by making Wei Yan lure him in? It's the battle after that... I'm only playing Legend of Koumei at the moment in GBA.

Umm is it me or does Guan xing and Guan Suo die? i don';t have any Guan sibling with horses with me anymore...
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat May 26, 2007 12:41 am

Very very sorry to double post.

Im fightning against Wu's Lu Xun! oh no! Sima Yi made Lu Xun attack me!
My son zhuge zhan offer to fight them! poor kid! he is gonna die by lu xun!
okay I abandon the Northern campaign and came to rescue my son! I see him as a magician with more magic than his father! I pick
1. Be like his father
1. be like his father
3. Be like Zhao Yun
4. be like Zhao Yun
he is pretty handsome =p. I am proud of my son,... I hope he turns out a good guy like Liu Bei
Omg Zhu Rongg and Meng Huo are rescuing me and my son! woot! I love you nanman.

Im getting owned by Wu! THey like to play with fire like me! I stand for Han! we are the fire symbol! anyways Sun Quan, Zhuge jin, Zhuge Ke, Lu Kang, Lu Xun and Zhang Zhao I thnk Flamed my army away! They killed immortal Zhao Yun/highest level 900 life character, Wei Yan, Jiang Wei, and Zhuge liang, Zhu Rong in 1 turn!
Sun Quan is more crazy than Liu Bei and Cao Cao... and I like Cao Cao in this game. I should get a Sun Quan avatar now.

Edit: I just got lucky and rain came! muahahah Wu can't burn me anymore nay nay nay :P . Anyways I confuse their unit and burn the hell out of them next move!
Im at the northern campaigns now! Ma chao, Guan xing, Guan Suo and others joined me again!
legend of koumei is a very challenging game! if you play the other 2 I recommend this game! At the beginning all the way until Guan Yu dies the game is easy! northern campaigns, nanman and Wu are really really hard! and remember to look for a fire sign in Zhuge liang plan! everytime he uses fire it's Victory for Shuuuuu. Anyways just don't use his fire plan at Sima Yi because like in real life Rain saves him
There should be a legend of Sun Quan while you can flame everyone. I want to play as him T_T.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Shadowlink » Mon May 28, 2007 8:40 pm

I give up playing legend of Liu Bei. Can you tell me any difference Legend of Cao Cao and Legend of Liu Bei has? Also tell me the ending thank you. I can tell you legend of koumei ending
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 am

Main differences between Legend of Heroes (aka Liu Bei) and Legend of Cao Cao:

Heroes:
- allows you to change the unit type of each character. This is really nice if you want to level up, since some unit types level up way faster than others. (Cheap-ass trick: get two people to be military band units. Since all units standing next to a band unit get MP recovery, you can just have the two bands standing next to each other and just cast spells to gain EXP points.)

- you get items that perform attacks. (i.e., using the "Book of Fire Dragon" is the same as casting Fire Dragon; useful for units that don't have much in terms of spells)

- level of the enemy is set for each stage. So if you manage to level up a lot early in the game, the end part would be a breeze.

- you play as Liu Bei (duh). Guan Yu may or may not die (depends on how you play). You may or may not fight Wu. But regardless, Wu helps you in the final battles against Wei (you even get some Wu officers in your ranks, like Xu Sheng, Taishi Ci, Ding Feng, etc.)

- can't save in the middle of a battle or even in the middle of a group of battles. For example, Changban has 2 stages. You don't get to save in between the stages. You usually die in stage 2. I had lost much sleep in my youth because of that.

- RPG elements; Liu Bei gets to walk around town and talk to people and buy items in stores, etc.

Cao Cao
- can't change unit type

- weapons also get EXP. Regular weapons (the ones you can buy) have 3 levels, while special weapons (Gotta Collect 'Em All!) have 9.

- items are limited to recovery items and stat-altering items (no more attack items; good riddance IMHO).

- level of the enemy is a function of the average level of your team. So, the higher level you are, the higher they are. This has led to a way of playing in which you try NOT to level up as much as possible.

- you can save basically any time, even in the middle of a battle.

- less RPG-like. After all, Cao Cao isn't a man who would go mingle with the peasants, is he? He hangs out either in his tent or in the field.

- three possible endings depending on your choices in the game. Cao Cao can end up being evil, normal, or good. Normal is like regular history, where he dies and Cao Pi inherits power and kicks Emperor Xian off the throne. Evil is with Cao Cao overthrowing the Han (well, not EVIL-evil; just ambitious). Good is like... well, it'd be too much of a spoiler!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Shadowlink » Tue May 29, 2007 12:58 pm

allows you to change the unit type of each character
havent figure that out yet.
Book of Fire Dragon" is the same as casting Fire Dragon;
Yup getting owned by that
(you even get some Wu officers in your ranks, like Xu Sheng, Taishi Ci, Ding Feng, etc.)
I saw Taishi ci help me... this game is just too hard
Changban has 2 stages. You don't get to save in between the stages. You usually die in stage 2. I had lost much sleep in my youth because of that.
that is why there is Gameboy now and Legend of Koumei Changban is pretty good
Cao Cao
- can't change unit type
I like that
Good is like... well, it'd be too much of a spoiler!
Pm me it!
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Thu May 31, 2007 1:43 am

I liked Legend of Kongming and Cao Cao.

For Legend of Kongming though,,
1) I think Zhuge Liang is WAY too strong. I mean, all I need is him, and average leveled Jiang Wei or Zhao Yun, and I can beat the game. Still pretty fun though.

2) Cao Cao is so fun, but I think some battles are a bit off, and some uncontrollable soldiers should be put at Cao Cao's side. I mean, the battle of Bag Man Pa (where Zhuge Liang makes his first appearance), the enemy actually OUTNUMBERS us, same as the battle of Chi Bi and lots of other battles. Of course, that's wat makes the game more fun to play :D
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Does anyone know how to "fix" a CD? My game has a broken ending FMV that crashes every time. Can I somehow get rid of it and reburn the CD, or does someone have a fully functional ending FMV (it's actually a few MBs big) that I can replace and reburn the CD? I actually never seen the normal ending. I feel silly. I usually just go either extremely evil or extremely good. What route does normal follow, or does the game provide even more new scenarios?
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Terranigma Freak wrote:Does anyone know how to "fix" a CD? My game has a broken ending FMV that crashes every time. Can I somehow get rid of it and reburn the CD, or does someone have a fully functional ending FMV (it's actually a few MBs big) that I can replace and reburn the CD? I actually never seen the normal ending. I feel silly. I usually just go either extremely evil or extremely good. What route does normal follow, or does the game provide even more new scenarios?

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier!

I should check whether I have a functional ending FMV that I can extract. The normal ending follows the same path as the evil ending, except the evilness bar isn't completely red (the stages are exactly the same). Cao Cao dies at the end of the normal path and Cao Pi kicks Xian off the throne, just like in history.

I don't know if there's a FMV for that... the endings are all in scenario files. The ending FMV includes credits and shows the ending stats for each of the characters.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Jebusrocks wrote:I liked Legend of Kongming and Cao Cao.

For Legend of Kongming though,,
1) I think Zhuge Liang is WAY too strong. I mean, all I need is him, and average leveled Jiang Wei or Zhao Yun, and I can beat the game. Still pretty fun though.

2) Cao Cao is so fun, but I think some battles are a bit off, and some uncontrollable soldiers should be put at Cao Cao's side. I mean, the battle of Bag Man Pa (where Zhuge Liang makes his first appearance), the enemy actually OUTNUMBERS us, same as the battle of Chi Bi and lots of other battles. Of course, that's wat makes the game more fun to play :D
Zhuge Liang isnt strong... his son is with fire dragon tactic like Sun Quan :D , I swear my Zhao Yun sucksssssss, I have to depend on him alot ><, Wei was basically owning me, Sun quan was a nightmare.

Lady Wu pm me spoil please? =(
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 pm

Shadowlink wrote:Lady Wu pm me spoil please? =(

I forget what it's for... the good Cao Cao ending?

Highlight for spoiler for the good Cao Cao ending:

After the battle at Chibi, Kongming start to be weirder and weirder. It turns out that he's possessed by the spirit of the ancient Demon King, who seeks to be reincarnated and to take advantage of the chaos in the world to establish himself as the head honcho of the world. He uses Kongming to weaken all the forces in China, while Kongming continues to pretend to be a loyal officer of Liu Bei's. For example, sending Guan Yu to Jingzhou to get killed by Sun Quan was Kongming's idea (and they withheld reinforcements from Chengdu, too). The Demon King also needs four altars to be built around China in order to re-establish his powers and his physical form.

Cao Cao, upon annexing Wu, discovered one of those altars (Kongming had a pact with Zhou Yu, though Zhou Yu believed he was acting in the best interests of Wu to bring in external power). When Sima Yi did his research and realized what that altar was for, they race against time to find and destroy the remaining altars. Meanwhile, the officers of Shu were torn between their loyalty to the late Liu Bei and their doubts about the sanity of Zhuge Liang's actions. And at the same time, Xu Shu, promised by the Demon King to get his mother back, began constructing an altar in Xu Chang...

Kongming's own consciousness isn't all gone, though. Occasionally, his own self wakes up and battles painfully (and futilely) against the demon.

At the end, Xu Shu betrayed the Demon King, fooling "Kongming" into complacency. He then helps Cao Cao et al to do battle with Kongming at Wu Zhang Plains, fighting their way into an underground chamber that held all of Kongming's secrets...

Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games