Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Which game is your favorite?

Legend of Heroes (Eiketsuden)
11%
Legend of Cao Cao (Sousouden)
48%
Legend of Kong Ming (Koumeiden)
5%
Unsure
8%
Never played them…
29%

Total votes : 66

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:12 am

Holy cow, I just found a Ma Chao mod as well as a ZGL mod for LoCC.

I don't know where I put my LoCC, though... :(
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby expression » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:39 am

A Legend of CaoCao Mod, Legend of Lubu, has recently been completed and released in a Chinese forum. It's a full game (the first complete MOD) with around 40 battles in each of the 2 storylines. Intriguing battle designs, funny/thoughtful dialogues and most touching storytelling on par with LoCC. I recommend it highly.

http://xycqccz.ys168.com/
under 玩家自创剧本. Choose "Abandon identification", named 吕布传全58关. There are tons of other MODs too, but not yet completed.

Enjoy!
醉里挑灯看剑 梦回吹角连营
expression
Initiate

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:57 am

expression wrote:A Legend of CaoCao Mod, Legend of Lubu, has recently been completed and released in a Chinese forum. It's a full game (the first complete MOD) with around 40 battles in each of the 2 storylines. Intriguing battle designs, funny/thoughtful dialogues and most touching storytelling on par with LoCC. I recommend it highly.

http://xycqccz.ys168.com/
under 玩家自创剧本. Choose "Abandon identification", named 吕布传全58关. There are tons of other MODs too, but not yet completed.

Enjoy!

Any chance you can play it without the game or is it just a mod? Cuz man I really want to get a taste of what this thing is about. >_>
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby expression » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:35 pm

The simplified Chinese versions can be downloaded from:
http://61.136.152.55/sanguogame/download/dl-game01.html
Choose 三国志曹操传 (for installation instructions please see posts below)
or
http://www.cne3online.com/download/index.asp?cataid=1
Choose 三国志曹操传完全硬盘版(带音乐)

It takes a while to download because it's over 100MB, but have patience; it's totally worth it. You need the original game to play the MODs. Basically just copy and paste the MOD files into the game folder. The MODs themselves are small (LuBu is only <3MB) so it's quick.

The Lubu MOD has a new system of battleplay: everyone is maxed out on level, so instead of levelling up (or not) the goal now is to complete missions (such as uncovering duels) during the battle to collect millitary seals. In the original LoCC you buy them. These are needed to "power up" your units to make them stronger.

I have played the beginning of Legend of Wu MOD. It's the pioneer in LoCC MOD in that it has a brand new storyline, new millitary unit designs (even the icon), and new battles. It also introduced the novel "point" system where one is graded after each battle according to the number of missions accomplished. All in all, a masterpiece, but unfortunately it was left uncompleted. :cry:
Last edited by expression on Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
醉里挑灯看剑 梦回吹角连营
expression
Initiate

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:26 am

A shame although I bet I know somebody who would be willing to help should someone wish to resume the project. (Hehe...somebody who happens to like Wu... :wink: ) Thanks a billion expression, you rock man. Also tell whoever made the mods that they did a good job. I'll play them soon and give some sort of small review/synopsis. (Based purely on gameplay, not storyline or anything because I only know English) Legend of Wu mod is a good idea. I think there should be some more Wu-based Three Kingdoms games personally. The Legend of Lu Bu sounds like a novel idea as well. Unfortunately for me nobody is willing to make Legend of Gonglu lol. But Lu Bu is cool...who does he have as officers? Zhang Liao, Zang Ba, Gao Shun are the only generals of his that I can think of off the top of my head. I suppose Zhang Miao and Chen Gong count too though.

Edit-Awwww man...what should I open this game with? I'm very confused about that...it keeps opening it with like notepad or something; I don't know what to do.
Last edited by Jordan on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:37 am

I was in the middle of making an English patch for LoCC along with another member (Cardinal Biggles, you still around?). I have perhaps half the scenes translated, but we kept running into problems with the code (crashing in random places, even though I was certain I didn't overwrite anything important...).

Is whoever working on the Wu mod still around in those forums?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby localhost » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:03 am

Anyone knows where to get "Legend Of Nobunaga" from the KOEI Legend Series?

I have Mori, Heroes, KungMing and CaoCao but I can't find Nobunaga anywhere.. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Never underestimate the power of PlayStation!
localhost
Tyro

Unread postby Carp's Tail » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:23 am

localhost wrote:Anyone knows where to get "Legend Of Nobunaga" from the KOEI Legend Series?

I have Mori, Heroes, KungMing and CaoCao but I can't find Nobunaga anywhere.. any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a copy of it somewhere. It's okay but quite bug-ridden, especially with the blacksmith.
Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death.
-- Uesugi Kenshin
Carp's Tail
征夷大將軍

Unread postby expression » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:42 pm

My goodness, a thousand apologies -- I forgot to include the instructions for installation of the game!

This is if you downloaded the game from the first link:
1. You will see a file named "ex-". Change it to "exe", it will turn into a square icon.
2. Click on the icon, you will need to input the password, which happen to be the url address: "http://sanguogame.126.com"
3. This should release all the files for installation. The gold birdie icon is what you click to start the game.

Hope it works!!

I tried to ask around for interests in collaboration in a translation project in the Chinese forum. If they can create a MOD they can replace Chinese with English! But they seem to be more interested in modding than translating (they don't need it!). Maybe I'll try approaching individual experts. If there're experts here at KongMing translating already please let me know if I can be of help.

I'd do anything to promote LoCC and its MODs, 'cause you know what they rock!!
醉里挑灯看剑 梦回吹角连营
expression
Initiate

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:15 pm

Let's continue the discussion of the translation project in this thread.

Since my strength is in translating not hacking, it'll be nice if someone can take my translation files and work on the hack. (Well, it's actually not that difficult, given the mod tools out there; I just don't have the patience.)
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games