Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Which game is your favorite?

Legend of Heroes (Eiketsuden)
11%
Legend of Cao Cao (Sousouden)
48%
Legend of Kong Ming (Koumeiden)
5%
Unsure
8%
Never played them…
29%

Total votes : 65

Re: Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36 am

Do you know what happened to Sun Gongli?because I tried to get him to respond on his game called three kingdom tactics but he won't answer plus he hasn't made a reply in like two years!! :cry: :(
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby fukarming » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Cao Hong 14 wrote:can I get these games in english and what is legend of heroes about? I've heard about legend of cao cao and legend of kongming but not heroes. fans of LoCC might want to check this mod out because it looks amazing!!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19819

Wow, nice! I had given up on updates but it looks like he's got it done up to the Battle of Yiling!

Heroes is based on Liu Bei. It's a real classic and in some ways much harder than LoCC. Unfortunately it's not available in English and I have no idea how to hack it.

Legend of Heroes is such a great game. I remember when I play it in 95/96 when there is no such thing as game FAQ on internet. I actually use the RoTK novel as my guide to make sure I know who to duel.

Legend of Heroes is definitely the most difficult game out of the series, especially if you do not purposely leveling up your character.
In legend of heroes it is rather common to have your most of your squad to die/retreat before you beat a stage. In legend of Cao Cao you can actually beat the entire game without losing a single unit.

I heard that legend of Kong Ming actually have difficulty level for you to choose, though the default is easy so it is very difficult to get Kong Ming to die. The life of Kong Ming will actually go down if you spend too much time on a stage when you are on a higher difficulty level. Can anyone verify that?

I am glad that there are still people talking about these classic games. The legend series is my favorite game series of all times.
They came first for sharks fin,I didn't speak up because I don't eat sharks fin.
Then they came for foie gras,I didn't speak up because I don't eat foie gras.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming
Initiate

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 am

fukarming wrote:Legend of Heroes is such a great game. I remember when I play it in 95/96 when there is no such thing as game FAQ on internet. I actually use the RoTK novel as my guide to make sure I know who to duel.

I remember the delight in discovering the slew of officers you can recruit in the battle of Yizhou. Of course, most of them are useless, but still...

I heard that legend of Kong Ming actually have difficulty level for you to choose, though the default is easy so it is very difficult to get Kong Ming to die. The life of Kong Ming will actually go down if you spend too much time on a stage when you are on a higher difficulty level. Can anyone verify that?

Not in the PC version, I don't think. Perhaps in the GBA version?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:59 am

Lady Wu I know this off topic but do you know what happened to Sun Gongli? he has not updated us on three kingdoms tactics in a long time. Plus correct me if I'm wrong but its also been a long time since he has ever posted anything on this whole site
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm

at last i found this topic !!

i've been looking for ages on these games

say, Lady Wu

do you have the translated patch of Legend of Heroes ?

i've beat the game since i was 8, but that took me quite a lot of retries especially on the 3 major battles
yuan shao ,chang ban, and the final 3 battles
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm

I really want to translate it, but I don't have the skillz to. It's a DOS game and I haven't figured out how to access the text.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Hyper90 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 am

Lady Wu wrote:I really want to translate it, but I don't have the skillz to. It's a DOS game and I haven't figured out how to access the text.

ah i see.... guess i'll just wait it out :shock:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Thu May 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello ,

I play the Japan (and the only) version of Legend of Kongming of GBA.

I must say i fight well , but for the truth i dont know the names of most of officers , the only ones i see in the game and i know who is are : Zhao Yun ,Zhuge Lian (duh) , Jiang Wei , "the 3 brothers" , Sun Quan , Cao Cao and the Wei emperors , Sima Yi (not hard , he use Purple like in the games, Dw i mean) , Meng Huo and his wife , Ma Chao and Ma dai and for last Lu Xun, all the other i simple dont know and i just name they are Cavalary 1 or Supply Old Man for exemple.

Also i dont know Japanese so i play based in the LoCC ways and also in the pictures in game, so i dont understand most of the history and also find very difficult in the Choices in game. I go with the history by what i know of Rotk , but some parts are very strange , like : Zhuge Lian did not die (but i thank God for it) , also we attack Wu until drive they back out of Jian , and Sima Yi appear to Luxun disguise as Old Man.

I only feel bad because i cant rescue Guan Yu , but hey Pang Tong and all they other deaths after Guan Yu until the part i play i avoid so i miss only Guan Yu and other 2 who of nothing vanish ,also i dont retreat never until now .

Ok now exactly i invade a great Fort in the north , after drive Luxun Back in the south and gain Meng Huo help.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jezzicutez » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 am

ladywu, i wanna ask you about legend of heroes, how to change unit type ? like change my huang zhong to catapult and stuff.. thanks :))
jezzicutez
Tyro

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:19 pm

jezzicutez wrote:ladywu, i wanna ask you about legend of heroes, how to change unit type ? like change my huang zhong to catapult and stuff.. thanks :))

i am not lady wu, but you can change class with the items you can buy from the shop.

you'll meet those items in some particular cities

EDIT : what i was meant before was changing to a higher class.

for changing to a DIFFERENT class items, you gotta get those items from battles (blue camps)

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games