Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Which game is your favorite?

Legend of Heroes (Eiketsuden)
11%
Legend of Cao Cao (Sousouden)
48%
Legend of Kong Ming (Koumeiden)
5%
Unsure
8%
Never played them…
29%

Total votes : 65

Re: Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Unread postby KBTKaiser » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:59 am

Probably a good thing I had half a heart left for that then. He managed to last all the way to Luo Yang for me. Too bad the PC version doesn't have the goodies the other versions have with the branching.
KBTKaiser
Tyro

Unread postby Zappa » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:35 pm

I finally managed to make my Pc playing Legend of Kongming but I dont know who I should level up.Is it possible to safe Guan Yu
and Zhang Fei? I came to the point where Pang Tong joined me before going to Yi a women asks me something that seems to be about Pang Tong which of those two answers should I choose in order to rescue Pang Tong? has anybody who played this one or two hints for me?
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:31 am

I don't think it's possible to save Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, unlike in Legend of Heroes.

Because the enemy's level is static (i.e., they are pre-set for each level, and not dependent on your level), if you just level a few main characters you can breeze through the game. Zhao Yun and Jiang Wei are musts, and so is Wang Ping. Get one of the mounted archers too. Supply units are nice early on but in the later stages they are useless---they move very slowly in castles! I didn't bother with the Nanman guys at all.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:20 am

I don't think it's possible to save Guan Yu and Zhang Fei

Are you sure? Ifound this article on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangokushi_Koumeiden saying that its possible
to save Pang Tong, which in turn allows the player the opportunity to rescue Guan Yu. Successfully rescuing Guan Yu will prevent the disastrous Battle of Yiling from ever taking place, thus sparing Shu Han from one of the kingdom's greatest defeats and causing Liu Bei to pass away much later than normal (shortly after Zhuge Liang's Southern Campaign, in fact).

a women asks me something that seems to be about Pang Tong which of those two answers should I choose in order to rescue Pang Tong

I tried both answers each one brings me a different battle although I still dont know which one is to save Pang Tong
One is in an castle enemy is Yan Yan the other one seems to be near Cheng Du Liu Bei is there too but no Pang Tong
Perhaps someone knows which one is the right battle to take.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Zappa: The article says it's possible in the remakes of the game (for the Sega Saturn/Game Boy Advance). I imagine that would preclude it from the original version unless someone patched it in there.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zappa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 pm

The article says it's possible in the remakes of the game (for the Sega Saturn/Game Boy Advance)

I know actualy I was talking about the GBA Version anyway the game is really cool its possible to decide which kind
of charakter youre child will have or? When exactly will this be?
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jsonchua » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:13 am

Anyone know where can i get this games now?

Json
jsonchua
Tyro

Unread postby Zappa » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 am

Kongmings archives: download section
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:44 pm

can I get these games in english and what is legend of heroes about? I've heard about legend of cao cao and legend of kongming but not heroes. fans of LoCC might want to check this mod out because it looks amazing!!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19819
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:can I get these games in english and what is legend of heroes about? I've heard about legend of cao cao and legend of kongming but not heroes. fans of LoCC might want to check this mod out because it looks amazing!!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19819

Wow, nice! I had given up on updates but it looks like he's got it done up to the Battle of Yiling!

Heroes is based on Liu Bei. It's a real classic and in some ways much harder than LoCC. Unfortunately it's not available in English and I have no idea how to hack it.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games