Legend of Heroes / Kongming / Cao Cao

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Which game is your favorite?

Legend of Heroes (Eiketsuden)
11%
Legend of Cao Cao (Sousouden)
48%
Legend of Kong Ming (Koumeiden)
5%
Unsure
8%
Never played them…
29%

Total votes : 65

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Lady Wu wrote:
Terranigma Freak wrote:Does anyone know how to "fix" a CD? My game has a broken ending FMV that crashes every time. Can I somehow get rid of it and reburn the CD, or does someone have a fully functional ending FMV (it's actually a few MBs big) that I can replace and reburn the CD? I actually never seen the normal ending. I feel silly. I usually just go either extremely evil or extremely good. What route does normal follow, or does the game provide even more new scenarios?

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier!

I should check whether I have a functional ending FMV that I can extract. The normal ending follows the same path as the evil ending, except the evilness bar isn't completely red (the stages are exactly the same). Cao Cao dies at the end of the normal path and Cao Pi kicks Xian off the throne, just like in history.

I don't know if there's a FMV for that... the endings are all in scenario files. The ending FMV includes credits and shows the ending stats for each of the characters.

No, just the victory FMV. That is the only corrupt file in the game. That's also the only other FMV in the game besides the intro.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:04 am

I see a file called END.AVI that's 12.4MB big. Is that the one?

When I tried playing it outside of the game, though, it snags in the first 4 seconds (but plays fine after that... it's only 0:48, though). I don't remember it running weird when I played it in game. If you still want it, let me know.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:38 pm

Wow thanks alot Lady Wu, Koumei is indeed evil!
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:27 pm

Lady Wu wrote:I see a file called END.AVI that's 12.4MB big. Is that the one?

When I tried playing it outside of the game, though, it snags in the first 4 seconds (but plays fine after that... it's only 0:48, though). I don't remember it running weird when I played it in game. If you still want it, let me know.

Yeah, that's what I need. Mine snags at around when the camera zoom in on the bronze bird. When I play it outside the game, the snags a bit, but continues playing. If it plays during the game, it crashes when it reaches that point.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dozty » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi san guo friends...

do you know where can i find Legend of Heroes (aka liu bei)? I lost that game long time ago.. Now i want to play it again, bt cant find the source...
if you know, pls let me know thanks...

Lady Wu wrote:Argh, my Xuchang II battle save was corrupted, and when I started the game today to play this second-to-last level, this was what happened:

"Surely, that wasn't what Zhuge Liang said then? Isn't he supposed to ask if I was ready to go to battle?" I thought. Or perhaps I forgot that scene wrong? So I talked to the other people in the room. It got me really freaked out:

I have to say there's nothing scarier than having your saved games corrupted in a way that the characters do nothing but laugh at you. :x

It was impossible for me to go to Xuchang. In fact, clicking on the "What to do now" button gave me:

I fled from this insanity. After I cautiously made my way back to the meeting hall, everyone left!

Now it looks like I'll have to start from scratch. :evil: (The last save that wasn't corrupted was, uh, Xinye.)
dozty
Tyro

Unread postby LeoYuko » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 am

dozty wrote:Hi san guo friends...

do you know where can i find Legend of Heroes (aka liu bei)? I lost that game long time ago.. Now i want to play it again, bt cant find the source...
if you know, pls let me know thanks...

Lady Wu wrote:Argh, my Xuchang II battle save was corrupted, and when I started the game today to play this second-to-last level, this was what happened:

"Surely, that wasn't what Zhuge Liang said then? Isn't he supposed to ask if I was ready to go to battle?" I thought. Or perhaps I forgot that scene wrong? So I talked to the other people in the room. It got me really freaked out:

I have to say there's nothing scarier than having your saved games corrupted in a way that the characters do nothing but laugh at you. :x

It was impossible for me to go to Xuchang. In fact, clicking on the "What to do now" button gave me:

I fled from this insanity. After I cautiously made my way back to the meeting hall, everyone left!

Now it looks like I'll have to start from scratch. :evil: (The last save that wasn't corrupted was, uh, Xinye.)

hei im looking for that game too, anyone can help?
LeoYuko
Tyro

Unread postby UzumakiJr » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:03 am

is the Eiketsuden for PC is different from the PSX version?
I played the PSX version ,because its in Japanese,I understand Japanese better than Chinese :P

already beaten the game,3 or 4 times.

btw ,how many endings are there in Legend of Cao Cao?
UzumakiJr
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:47 am

UzumakiJr wrote:is the Eiketsuden for PC is different from the PSX version?
I played the PSX version ,because its in Japanese,I understand Japanese better than Chinese :P

The PSX Eiketsuden has different background graphics and controls, but the battles are the same. There could be other differences but I didn't play the PSX version long enough to tell.

There are 3 endings in Legend of Cao Cao.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby UzumakiJr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:57 am

Lady Wu wrote:
UzumakiJr wrote:is the Eiketsuden for PC is different from the PSX version?

The PSX Eiketsuden has different background graphics and controls, but the battles are the same. There could be other differences but I didn't play the PSX version long enough to tell.

There are 3 endings in Legend of Cao Cao.

oh I see, in the PSX version,if I get a "game over", I repeat the stage but with the last level I gained during the previous game in the same stage, does the PC version is the same ?
I gained a lot of lv for Liu Bei by doing this :lol:

I see, maybe I'll play it again next week8-)
in legend of Cao Cao,is there any way for Dian Wei to survive?,its so hard to keep him alive :(
UzumakiJr
Tyro

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:36 am

UzumakiJr wrote:oh I see, in the PSX version,if I get a "game over", I repeat the stage but with the last level I gained during the previous game in the same stage, does the PC version is the same ?
I gained a lot of lv for Liu Bei by doing this :lol:

I think you can do that in the PC Legend of Kongming (Koumeiden), but not for Heroes.

in legend of Cao Cao,is there any way for Dian Wei to survive?,its so hard to keep him alive :(

Yeah, it's hard, but doable. Give Dian Wei the Book of Healing (Jia Xu's Poison really sucks, as in it really sucks Dian's life out). You must defeat Hu Juer in the first round with everyone except for Dian Wei (Cao Cao + Dunny + Xun Yu + someone else). You might need to save/load a couple of times to pull it off (you need at least one or two double-hits or critical hits, depending on your gear/level). Once Hu Juer is gone, Dian Wei runs! Hopefully he'd block a few hits during the enemy's turn (perhaps feed him a Fruit of Dex of you have one). If you've leveled up your gear and feel confident, everyone but Dian can stay in the fort and hold out until Dian Wei is a safe distance away from Zhang Xiu. Else retreat slowly. As long as Dian Wei is still alive by the time Cao Cao makes it to the west side, he's saved.

It can be really hard, but it's super worth it. Having Dian Wei on the team makes those awful naval battles somewhat more bearable.
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games