Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Mikhail wrote:My collector's edition came last night. It's very beautiful.

https://m.imgur.com/a/I9cJ5JV

Thanks for showing it! The extras look quite nice! :)

Hasdrubal wrote:The patch did absolutely nothing to Yuan Shao, he’s still stomping everything. Once the steam workshop comes out there will be a mod to rebalance it hopefully!

Yuan Shao is so powerful even the devs can't stop him.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 pm

i've seen on reddit something with the patch made baby's act like adults, like now they'll be army leaders, they will accept duels, they will defect if they aren't happy, like what the heck, its Liu Bei's personal Paradise where he can touchdown baby's all day long now!
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Xu Huang fan wrote:i've seen on reddit something with the patch made baby's act like adults, like now they'll be army leaders, they will accept duels, they will defect if they aren't happy, like what the heck, its Liu Bei's personal Paradise where he can touchdown baby's all day long now!

I've seen posts about babies defecting and spawning to lead rebel armies before the patch came out.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Gray Riders wrote:
Xu Huang fan wrote:i've seen on reddit something with the patch made baby's act like adults, like now they'll be army leaders, they will accept duels, they will defect if they aren't happy, like what the heck, its Liu Bei's personal Paradise where he can touchdown baby's all day long now!

I've seen posts about babies defecting and spawning to lead rebel armies before the patch came out.

ah, i wasn't quite aware due to not playing the game myself, but i have to wonder if this is intentional or just an oversight, leaning more towards the latter.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Hasdrubal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Haven’t seen the baby bug as I’ve been busy getting stomped by the AI but that is hilarious.

Seriously, I really suck at this game!
Hasdrubal
Tyro

Unread postby Hasdrubal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:26 pm

So I’ve played maybe 30 hours of TW3K so far and I think it’s probably the best in the series since Rome 1 was released all those years ago. Hoping for some DLC that populates the south a little bit to act as a check on Wu but we’ll see.

I’m playing as Cao Cao at the moment and having an absolute ball. Stabbing Liu Bei in the back, vassalising him then annexing him was a particular highlight. Now he’s shuffling paperwork in Chen while his sworn brothers fight my wars for me.

Next step is to finish off Dong Zhou and unlock him for my next campaign.
Hasdrubal
Tyro

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 pm

Finished my Liu Bei campaign on turn 139. Guan Yu passed away the turn before (Yuan Tan replaced him as PM--he's a really good "faction head" in this game) and Liu Bei some time before that. Zhang Fei got to see the end though, and I believe he even captured the final city.

I was able to get Lu Xun from Wu with a spy action (they dropped his Satisfaction to 0 and he showed up in my pool shortly after) but he seems to be a generic so not amazing.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games