Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 pm

I wouldn't prioritize clearing the Extreme Modes, but you will earn a trickle of gold from earning Seals in Extreme Mode stages. It's a challenge, but it's a later-game challenge, so at your early point I wouldn't worry overmuch about it. Some of the later/harder stories do offer six star artifacts for clearing the Extreme Modes with all seals. And that just reminded me, don't forget that at the top of each story mode are bonus rewards offered for earning seals as you go. Extreme Mode stories often have permits as bonus rewards there.

The Four Gods does offer a bit more than just relics. The Ancestral Tablets you earn from them are required to unlock officers from two special banners, the Liu Bang and Xiang Yu banners, to let you get some Chu-Han Contention officers. Beating the Azure Dragon will let you unlock Han officers, while Vermillion Bird lets you unlock Chu officers. To fight Azure Dragon, tactics are recommended, while against Vermillion Bird physical attacks are recommended. It's not something you should worry too much about right now, but if you want to be able to field Xiang Yu or Han Xin someday, those raids will be needed.

Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to finish this week's Director's Presents event, as clearing twenty gates in Trial of the Gates is necessary. I don't know if you even have access to Trial of the Gates yet, but clearing gate 19 can't even be attempted without having four level 81-99 characters...
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Tarrot » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Something odd I may have discovered about the game's future.

If you go to the artifact book, under the various story artifacts, and click on them, there's now an Eternal mode listed for each artifact that's greyed out. I haven't seen Eternal mode in the game, so I presume that Eternal mode is going to be a super-hard version of the story mode that will grant more powerful artifacts. If I'm wrong, let me know.

I've been basically doing the bare minimum the last few days or so because of Hearthstone duties (I'm one of the best HS Arena players in the world so I do a good number of write-ups on things), and probably won't play much once the new expansion releases next week. I think the dailies might go for me, because now that I'm 45+, doing the Annihilation battles is like an extra 20ish minutes where, even if I'm doing other things, it takes time away from what I can be doing, and I might just spam 5-minute story modes to get the thing if I don't have time, and even then, I'd almost rather have the 100 Jade Seals/day from the last one than the 5 Artifact permits just for unlocking people.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 am

Ok, since its the Director Presents for the week, what exactly is the best strat to beat the 4 Gods, namely Azure/Vermillion since I had them up?

Most of my lineup is Level 40 (finally have enough resources to upgrade my main cast, I got 6 or 7 guys to promote at 40 tomorrow), with Zhao Yun/Hao Zhao at 80 and Taishi Ci/Deng Ai at 60 due to promotions. He's got like 5k HP, and so far the best serious attempt I had was Hao Zhao with Cao Cao's blade/7* armor/4% health regen/turn artifact who was able to get him under 1k before the timer ran out, but my next attempt I had no one strong enough to do any real damage and got wiped.

Reading what you said earlier, the best bet is to use magic, although it seems that magic does so little damage, and those beasts seem to eat up all the magic unless they're protected. I would assume the best strat is to bring 3-4 long-ranged dealers and 3-4 guys to zone out the beasts? I tried that with an Arbalest/Catapult but didn't seem consistent enough and got zerged by the beasts once he summoned them mid-way.
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 am

You might be better off fighting the Vermillion Bird instead of the Azure Dragon if you have a mostly physical lineup. Azure Dragon is strong against physical attacks but weak to tactics, Vermillion Bird is the opposite, strong against tactics but weak against physical attacks. You also don't have to deal with half your team being frozen each turn.

The better strategy for Azure Dragon, if you decide to stick with him, is to lure him in with a sacrificial character (a level 40 Navy/Marine w/+2 Speed horse starting in the first slot can reach AD to draw agro with a water tactic on turn one, then die to the incoming attacks, letting Azure Dragon eventually make his way down to you at the bottom while the minions stay at the top). You can do that with a lower level character since you're generally lower level overall, but it'll take two turns then. Move closer on the first turn but not close enough to draw in minions, then the rest of the way to use your tactic on the second turn. As long as the character who initially attacks AD dies, even if he draws some minions onto him, they won't go for the rest of your party unless they get into range of them.

But you're probably better off with the Beginner Bird, which is generally an easier fight overall, especially since most people have more physical attackers than tacticians.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Humble Novice » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 am

Does anyone know what Relic: Evolution actually does? To sum it up, it's the last passive effect for Vermillion Bird relic combinations and has a description that's not exactly informative to say the least. Can anyone give me a clue on what it does?
Humble Novice
Initiate

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:00 am

I think saying AD is physical strong/tactic weak and VB is physical weak/tactic strong is a bit...simplified, I suppose? Physical attacks can hurt AD just fine but everything except bows/xbows/catapults has to eat a counter in return. Likewise, lower VB levels still allow for tactics use, you just need something other than fire/water spells. Meanwhile VB still counters physical attacks and has those anti-crit/phalanx passives. I do think VB tends to not hit as hard at lower levels, as well, AD loves trying to wipe out several characters at once with regularity.

Try the marine trick with AD first, Tarrot. Keeping the minions out of the fight by doing that can help a lot. Also, if you happen to have status reflection armor, it is absolutely amazing against the minor and intermediate AD. It both protects your commander and reflects the anti-artifact spell AD casts back on him - which in turn lets you cast status spells on him.

Edit: I went ahead and tried the marine lure + huddling together at the entrance with mages + healers + dancer for awakens against the advanced AD...which while I could beat it, the battle was always ugly and I occasionally had to bring in 2nd and 3rd string teams which was of course even uglier. Some slight repositioning would optimize things but the battle went quite smoothly, I think having 2 healers helps prevent really bad luck on the freezes. Gonna give Master another crack later this week.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tarrot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Accidentally found the best way to beat the Vermillion bird: Team 1 is calvary who zone out the beasts until the bird comes up, everyone dies, then send in Hao Zhao with super upgrades as part of team 2.

Problem I had with VB was she counters real hard. She was hitting my L. 40 Infantry for 100/hit, and counter-attacking twice. Only Hao Zhao was able to take little damage from her, so I could only attack with one of my guys against her cause I had to spend 2 healers bringing that person back from the dead. I figured that out pretty easy.

I know the game gives some ways to get Essence, but how do you get enough essence to challenge daily? I always do the daily quest and my zone quest (don't have Youzhou unlocked), but I'm leeching essence for what's part of the daily quest. They mention occupying a neutral battleground but I have no idea what that is. I don't want to really have to do Trial cause most of my guys can't get past the first 4-5 levels or so.

Just to be clear: The tablets are used ala seals for unlocking officers, and the gems are used to buy them ala silver coins, or to buy new relics?

Also, Tiger and Tortoise are blocked out. Are they only for Alliance Awakenings or are they part of a future update for more different timeperiod officers?
Tarrot
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Humble Novice wrote:Does anyone know what Relic: Evolution actually does? To sum it up, it's the last passive effect for Vermillion Bird relic combinations and has a description that's not exactly informative to say the least. Can anyone give me a clue on what it does?

I don't know, sorry! I'd suggest asking in the Discord, there's players from the other (presumably better translated) servers who can probably answer.

My guess would be something related to clearing Mark of Flame stacks off of yourself, but that's just a guess.

Zyzyfer wrote:I think saying AD is physical strong/tactic weak and VB is physical weak/tactic strong is a bit...simplified, I suppose? Physical attacks can hurt AD just fine but everything except bows/xbows/catapults has to eat a counter in return. Likewise, lower VB levels still allow for tactics use, you just need something other than fire/water spells. Meanwhile VB still counters physical attacks and has those anti-crit/phalanx passives. I do think VB tends to not hit as hard at lower levels, as well, AD loves trying to wipe out several characters at once with regularity.

While it might still be possible to beat AD with physical attacks, especially at the lower levels, I still think it's right to say that. AD gets passives that reduce incoming physical damage, while VB gets the same for tactics, so your physical attackers won't be as strong against AD and your tacticians won't be as strong against VB. AD will also heal HP whenever Electrocuted characters attack him physically. On beyond that, AD has some powerful attacks that it will only use when a character is in melee range, the ten tile AoE knockback that can easily kill anyone it shoves into a wall, and the attack that's a copy of the actual Azure Dragon tactic, repeatedly hitting random targets in range.

Tarrot wrote:I know the game gives some ways to get Essence, but how do you get enough essence to challenge daily? I always do the daily quest and my zone quest (don't have Youzhou unlocked), but I'm leeching essence for what's part of the daily quest. They mention occupying a neutral battleground but I have no idea what that is. I don't want to really have to do Trial cause most of my guys can't get past the first 4-5 levels or so.

Just to be clear: The tablets are used ala seals for unlocking officers, and the gems are used to buy them ala silver coins, or to buy new relics?

Also, Tiger and Tortoise are blocked out. Are they only for Alliance Awakenings or are they part of a future update for more different timeperiod officers?

Essence comes from the later quest areas, so you can find some once you get that far. You can also get some from the Daily Quest which you're already doing, as well as every Silver Coin mission. Battlegrounds are a late-game thing, fighting for temporary territory in Taiwan to get extra resources. Trial of the Gates is a source too, as you've seen.

Tablets are used to unlock officers, Souls are used to recruit the unlocked officers or buy new relics.

Tiger and Tortoise aren't yet available on any server, so we don't know exactly how they'll work. Presumably they'll be challenges similar to AD and VB with new banners to unlock, but with Han and Chu already present, I'm not sure what officers they'll actually offer up for them.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 pm

That Electrocute HP recovery thing only applies to Master AD in particular. I only recently got enough casters in my line-up for AD, and up to Advanced, had to include Diaochan + Taishi Ci + Huang Zhong for a long time to get things done, and they did acceptably at it, aside from the counters. Casters will be better of course, but I would opt for a level 40 melee over a level 20 caster, as an example.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games