Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Well that was interesting. I should preface by saying that I had a buggy battle last night, I don't know what happened but I did the Lu Xun story battle where he has to wait out an OP Guan Yu to succumb to poison...but for some reason Guan Yu and Guan Ping both started with quite low HP so it ended after only a few turns because Guan Yu's HP fell below the minimum. I didn't three seal so I played again and things were back to normal.

With that said, I just did my Azure Dragon battle and actually DID get his own elecrocute status thing to reflect back on him somehow. He had the little sword and armor icon, and stayed burned from my Crimdon Lotus Shot (which really hurts him haha). I don't know what the heck happened but I took a screenshot as proof. I guess I can try running the same team tomorrow and see what happens. It was possibly another bug, but was pretty cool in the moment.

That axe is interesting on Taishi Ci. If he is going to deal at least half the enemy's HP in damage, he will get the two hits, then trigger Penetrating Attack and (if he positions right) will get two more hits. It's still way too sloppy to be an effective PVP strategy, but if I ever encounter a squishier team, I may just have to see how much damage he can wreak before he gets iced.

Edit: So yeah Taishi is really happy to run around in the courtyard this week and smash stuff. He is like a dog that just pooped or something.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Maybe Azure Dragon's immunity to reflect doesn't kick in until the higher tiers? I know reflect doesn't work where I am, but if it works where you are, great. ;) The Electrocute status effect also disables artifact effects, so it might be that Azure Dragon's self-status cleansing counts as that, which would in turn allow you to stick Burn on him. Well, if it makes things easier for you, use it! Just don't expect it to keep working once you move on to Advanced or Master.

To maximize your Taishi Ci power, see if you can set things up to have him target a weaker defender. You're left to the whim of RNG to determine who he'll chase down and stab after his first kill, but it's extra attacks either way, and extra attacks are key to PvP. It's the same idea as the Wang Yi I'm running this week in my PvP team, except that I gave her a chain attack weapon so she gets her two attacks before an enemy can counterattack. There's various things you can do to improve your Taishi Ci, including holding him in reserve on the first turn until the enemy moves and hopefully spreads out, and buffing his Attack with a Dancer/Geomancer so that his hits are more likely to kill. Just remember that for Penetrating Attack to fire, your first hit is going to need to do more than half the damage, as the Reversal is a bit weaker than a normal attack (as all counters are weaker than normal attacks, and indeed even as the second hit of Double Attacks/Double Tactics is weaker than the first).
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:52 pm

This morning's 7* fuses: Chiyou Armor (confusion immunity), Grinning Demon Shield (guard). Hmm.

Yeah as for PVP, this week especially I hold back and buff all for a turn or two unless the opponent somehow has a very fast but squishy unit. I also purposefully pick squishy teams where Taishi Ci can maybe wreak havoc on their back lines before he gets popped. The others usually hang back and take care of whatever counts for a beefy tank.

Hao Zhao is actually sitting this week out for now...
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 pm

The armour can be converted, as you might have guessed. It's not any good. Do another fuse tomorrow on weapons day. ;) Keep the Demon Shield!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:31 am

Discord chat is a bit wonky for me. Whenever I tab out of the app tab for too long on my phone, I get booted. I can pop in upon request if something is going on, and will probably peek in on my morning commutes like I did today, but probably won't be a regular until the invite issue is sorted.

That likely is the case with the Azure Dragon. I can still only clear the Intermediate level. I probably need a few more 99s to reliably tackle Advanced...which will be my new mission once I have finished fusing.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:51 am

Continue clearing Intermediate for now. Advanced is a good amount harder.

And yeah, the Discord issue was what I expected, we need the alliance leader to make things permanent, and that might not come until next week.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Quite the mixed bag with my last few fuses.

2nd Mozi - yay!
2nd Elephant Skin Robe - yay!
3 Bavin Suits - boo...

After checking my inventory it looks like I can lay off of fusing for now, and instead focus back on enhancing my existing artifacts, and taking someone to 99.

Edit: OK I am noticing some weird stuff with the Demon Shield. I may have misunderstood your earlier explanation.

First, even based on the description, it only seems to provide coverage like any other Reach effect, i.e. 8 immediate surrounding squares.

Second, it seems to eat any counterattack opportunities with a typical melee unit? (Is this why you brought up the thing with Yu Jin?)

Basically, I am running a light cav and heavy cav in training, the heavy cav has the shield equipped since the light cav has poor defense. So the enemy targets the light cav with a melee unit, the heavy cav eats the damage as expected, but the heavy cav is not in range of the enemy melee and no counter is performed by either unit. (In these cases, the light cav was capable of countering.)

I think after typing this out, I get your point and how the shield works a bit better. But I was just surprised by the total lack of counters.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:25 am

The reason you're seeing the Demon Shield operate in a 'Reach' area effect is because you've given it to a Heavy Cavalry unit, whose attack range is the surrounding eight tiles, the same range as a 'Reach' effect.

For the Demon Shield's effect to trigger, the unit being targeted must be within the attack range of the Demon Shield-equipped character. This will cause the attack to redirect towards the Demon Shield-equipped character. The unit that was initially targeted by the attack will never counterattack, because he wasn't actually attacked in the end. The unit equipped with the Demon Shield will only counterattack if the attacking unit is within its own attack range, otherwise the attack will go uncountered.

The Yu Jin trickery takes advantage of the extensive attack range of Archer units Yu Jin can defend a lot more ally units because his attack range is so expansive. This means that even if Yu Jin is three squares away from an ally (assuming he's high enough level to shoot that far), the incoming attack will be redirected to him. If the attacking unit is also within Yu Jin's attack range, then Yu Jin will counter. Now, if you give Yu Jin a First Strike bow, then he'll make his own attack first as long as the attacking unit is within his attack range, and then in all likelihood the attacked unit will be unable to counter because chances are its attack range won't be big enough to include Yu Jin in it.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:57 am

I dunno. I just ran a test run and Yu Jin only absorbed attacks when it was something within the standard "reach" range of the immediate 8 squares that was targeted. His bow range was ignored in determining that, although obviously he enjoyed the ability to counterattack.

The description for the item also says the same. Maybe they nerfed the shield in a recent update?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:34 am

Maybe.. in fairness, I haven't tested this out myself, I saw someone else talking about it on a different Discord channel. So they could have just been wrong!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games