Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Well, Defense Down wouldn't help if you're using a team focused mostly or entirely on tactics, for example. You'd want Wis Down for such a grouping, though that passive seems most prominent on Crossbows (which are generally an anti-tactician unit type). Attack Down can help nerf the combat ability of threatening enemy units, Agi Down is much more situational and not a major effect as it depends largely on RNG (an extra 5-8% evasion/accuracy or so). Morale Down will be big for Liu Bang, so there's that!

I'd generally avoid the "Random Down", because unlike the other ones it's usually a % chance of having one or two random stats reduced, while the others are guaranteed effects on hit. Even if it was guaranteed, it's nice to know what stat you're reducing.

And no comment on the alliance thing? You're happy where you are?
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Somehow I missed your comment about the alliance. No I am not happy where I am now! If there is space then I would love to move. Thank you for asking!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Somehow I missed your comment about the alliance. No I am not happy where I am now! If there is space then I would love to move. Thank you for asking!

Alright! There should be room for you in the Alliance 'Romancers'. There'll be a 24 hour cooldown after leaving where you are now, but after that you can apply to join us. Can you let me know your in-game name so I can tell the leader who to look out for?

Romancers is one of the top alliances in the game, maybe the top one comprised of primarily English-speaking players. But don't feel pressured, as long as you're active, that's all we'd need.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:24 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:Can you let me know your in-game name so I can tell the leader who to look out for?

LiuYunDai

Romancers is one of the top alliances in the game, maybe the top one comprised of primarily English-speaking players. But don't feel pressured, as long as you're active, that's all we'd need.

Wow I am honored, that sounds perfect! I'll apply once the cooldown is over. :pika:

Edit: And while I haven't designated anyone as my future 99 catapulter quite yet, I had a look at the ones I've recruited and thought that Kan Ze looked like a good all-around pick. He's got anti-double physical and tactic attacks, wisdom down, and a pretty good accuracy boost for his gold passives. I've still got a few banners to recruit from so there might be more standouts, but I figured he might be worth bringing up.

There are also a few other DEF Down 'pults so I wonder what the appeal is to Zhao Fan – aside from his posing, of course. 8-)
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:06 am

Apply when you can, you shall be accepted!

Wisdom Down on a Catapult is interesting. It'd help you both if you're running a team with lots of tacticians, and also against teams with lots of tacticians. I'm still not sure how high priority he should be, but there's no harm in having interesting options open to you.

Zhao Fan, apparently, was a meme on the Korean server, to the point that the game developers (also based in Korea) gave him a unique sprite and a story mode.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:43 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:Apply when you can, you shall be accepted!

Wisdom Down on a Catapult is interesting. It'd help you both if you're running a team with lots of tacticians, and also against teams with lots of tacticians. I'm still not sure how high priority he should be, but there's no harm in having interesting options open to you.

Zhao Fan, apparently, was a meme on the Korean server, to the point that the game developers (also based in Korea) gave him a unique sprite and a story mode.

Interesting, I've never once heard mention of Zhao Fan here, and I admit that I am curious what the story behind him being a meme relates to. I thought it was the ridiculous sprite but that came after? Haha.

What are your overall thoughts on Pantherans? Training Shamoke for fun, they seem to unlock quite a bit at early levels compared to other unit types, but I rarely see them on Annihilation teams.

Side note, I finally completed Cao Cao's extreme mode story last night! As most of the battles require massive teams, clearing that means that I don't need to hoard quite as much artifact junk now just to complete those scenarios, which is a relief.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:38 am

New goodies:

6* Poisonous Spear - well it's better than all of my other spears right now...
6* Camel Robe thing - 30% reduced ranged damage
Both were from artifact pieces. And I wouldn't have bothered posting these BUT my lone fuse of two 6* artifacts netted me...

Sagacious Dao - attack stat switch

Yeah! I will go ahead and grab a Kirin Robe and start prepping Zhou Yu. Right? Also got a second ticket for one of those six artifacts, will save it for the time being.

Edit: Next fuse got me a Mozi (+25% elemental spells)
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:
Interesting, I've never once heard mention of Zhao Fan here, and I admit that I am curious what the story behind him being a meme relates to. I thought it was the ridiculous sprite but that came after? Haha.

When you say you've never heard him mentioned here before do you mean in relation to this thread? He has come up on the board on occasion!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Prepping Zhou Yu should work, yes. Just bear in mind that as a Marine, his attack accuracy isn't the best, and the key passive for that build is his Peerless passive which doesn't open up until level 90. But he's still more than capable of wreaking havoc, and if you put an MP regen accessory on him you'll get the option of either tactics for massive damage or physical attacks for massive damage. Options are good!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:20 pm

Sun Fin: By that I meant that I have never heard Koreans talk about Zhao Fan. So I find it curious that he became a meme on the Korean server.

Xiahou Mao: Is there a better use for the Sagacious Dao? I did notice I can put it on a healer (like, any healer) and they can hit OK.

Is there any noteworthy difference between Zhou Yu and Lu Xun? What about Lu Meng/Lu Kang? Some weird unforeseen combo with a taoist/healer?

Fuse news: One more Thunderbolt bow, that's the one with Deadly Attack. So now I have two haha
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games