Legend of Cao Cao Online

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Legend of Cao Cao Online

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sun May 13, 2018 4:49 pm

For those missions it often is simpler than it looks!

Make sure you're always deploying cavalry units for the mission, and if you have them, equip horses that aid in movement, either via straight-up +Speed or a Rough Terrain Move boost. Once you're higher level, you can deploy a single cavalry unit and a Geomancer who can cast a Speed buff and give you even more options.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 14, 2018 7:03 am

Yeah I've been deploying two cavalry units as I've got two of the speed +2 items! i just couldn't work that one out - the slightly closed off area threw my off, I was convinced I was meant to use that to hide somehow! :lol:
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon May 14, 2018 2:08 pm

The first time I did that one, I actually did use that north-center building to hide. It wasn't the most ideal route, but it did get things done. The route in the video is much better!

And good on you for getting a +2 speed horse. I finally got one of those myself, but I had to get it from a story, no luck getting a random one...
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Yeah I got one from the story and one from luck! :D It's one of my best items!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 am

Ranbir wrote:We have an Alliance now, called Scholars. Send in an application and we can all start earning some phat rewards.

Hey I just got myself into the game too! Request for application sent. The learning curve on this game is pretty high though
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm

I've accepted your application to the alliance :D.

There's been a massive update while I've been on holiday! I spent a hour last night just accepting all the goodies it wanted to give me! Any thoughts on the latest update guys?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat May 26, 2018 3:57 pm

The update is full of loot! Everyone likes loot! ;)

You can use expeditions now for the Daily Missions/Silver Coin Challenges, which you couldn't do before. I'd advise you do that whenever possible, and start doing the top three Silver Coin Challenges which now reward new tickets. The tickets don't do anything yet, but will in an upcoming update...
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun May 27, 2018 11:43 pm

Is this like one of those Travian sorts of games? Where like you join a clan and have to log in constantly throughout the day to click on things to do tasks? Seems to be catching peoples' interest but I don't like those sorts of games.

goes into app store
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon May 28, 2018 1:50 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Is this like one of those Travian sorts of games? Where like you join a clan and have to log in constantly throughout the day to click on things to do tasks? Seems to be catching peoples' interest but I don't like those sorts of games.

goes into app store

Not especially? There's some aspects of that in the strategy mode, I guess, but it's not anywhere near like the type of game that you're talking about. You accumulate resources that need to be collected to be used, but depending on how you choose to build your castles up, you can collect them once each eight hours, or twelve hours. For me, I won't 'max out' on resources until 36 hours pass, so I can be really lazy.

Joining a clan (an alliance) is quite optional, it opens a new shop for you and can give you extra rewards but isn't necessary for any current game content. That might change in the future. The game includes the entire Legend of Cao Cao story mode from the original PC version, with updated graphics, some voice acting for unit selection/etc., and a few rebalanced/changed unit types (Crossbowmen separated from Archer units, splitting cavalry units into Light/Heavy/Mountain Cavalry, Warlords not getting the powerful Inspire tactic until higher level, etc.). And there's new story modes for other characters as well. The Deng Ai story mode was just released this week, other currently available story modes include Zhang Jue, Xiahou Yuan, Zhao Yun, Yuan Shao and Xu Shu. Someday, Yan Baihu's story mode will be released. It's in the game's achievement list. It will exist.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon May 28, 2018 8:23 am

Yeah lazy is good, I need lazy. Last time I got sucked into one of those Travian games - Chaos of Three Kingdoms I think? - I got appointed clan head out of nowhere, people kept asking me to run abandoned but powerful accounts, as clan head I needed to keep up with the (clearly cheating) Joneses next door...huge time sink!

That said, I checked in the Android app store and didn't see this. It's called Legend of Cao Cao online?
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games