Zhao Yun, Dian Wei or Zhou Tai-bravest of the brave

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Whose the bravest?

Zhao Yun
46%
Zhou Tai
17%
Dian Wei
37%

Total votes : 214

Zhao Yun, Dian Wei or Zhou Tai-bravest of the brave

Unread postby Ma Zhi Xuan » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:19 pm

Who do think was more fearless and brave in battle out of those three?
Ma Zhi Xuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In the Symphony of Destruction. Clashing the cymbols.

Unread postby Rurouni Kenshin » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:29 pm

Hmmm seeing that Dian Wei stood up for his lord to the death at Luo Castle(I think) then it would put him on the top. I'm a Wei-ist so I'm sort of biased. I think that with his strength and his loyalty to his leader to defend him to death while he escapes is worth calling bold and daring. Though his legend was short lived, he was still a largely feared person even after his death.
A beautiful face can win popularity, but a beautiful hand can win respect.

~Which one do you prefer?~

"I've killed a helluva lotta people to get to this one. And now, I'm gonna Kill Bill"
Rurouni Kenshin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yuan Shao » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:52 pm

The three are intrepid ones, and the three are heros , by his actions to give or risk to give his lifes for someone.

I´ll vote for Zhao Yun rescuing Liu Chan.
The reason is I too give my life for a person to were more young than I.And a baby is yet more worth of it.They have the right to live ,because they have just start to live.
Yuan Shao: "The brave person rather faces death in the battle than seeks safety behind a wall!"
Lord Yuan Shao
Academic

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:51 pm

I think it is Dian Wei. He performed more than one brave act. He saved Cao Cao on three separate occasions and he held up a flag pole single handedly during a storm, and there were many soldiers trying to hold it up before he did. Also before Cao Cao hired him, Dian Wei killed a bunch of guys with his bare hands and they were all armed. He also would wrestle and kill tigers with out a weapon. When he died the soldiers who killed him were so scared of him that they didnt give chase to Cao. They were afraid of Dian weis dead lifeless corpse.

Zhou Tai was also brave and so was Zhao Yun, though i think Zhao Yun is the least of the three. Zhou tai rescuing Sun Quan ran back and forth killing people and rescuing Sun Quan and one of the other Suns, though im not sure which one. Zhao Yun did one single act of bravery and it was rescuing a baby, that would only grow up to ruin the kingdom of Shu. Now as much as i hate Shu i still think Zhao should not have done this. Zhao Yun also was riding a horse and he had his best weapons and armor equipped. Dian Wei and Zhou Tai had no armor and only infantrymans weapon. In fact, Zhou tai was buck naked running back and forth with many injuries. I do give Zhao credit though, they were all great fighters and they were all feared, but Zhao Yun brags forever on this one act, so instead of blaming the fall of Shu and Liu Chan wouldnt the fall be because Zhao Yun. Zhao Yun was the true reason that Shu fell.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:20 am

Zhao Yun is the bravest I think.
His act was extremely gutsy,breaking through the Wei lines with a baby under his armor.Not to mention he killed 50 commanders on his way back.
I don't think anyone can compare to that.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Zhilong » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:45 am

I actually meant to vote Zhou Tai but somehow i pressed Dian Wei by mistake... anyway to modify it?
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:31 am

If your talking about true history then Zhao Yuns act wasnt nearly that brave. in the book it really glorifies his act. It makes it seem like Zhao broke through tens of thousands of troops and fought for his life single handedly. The real event was a couple hundred infantry men that Zhao had to break through and Zhao also had about twenty or thirty horsemen accompanying him. Nevertheless its a brave act but nowhere near the caliber of Dian Wei or Zhou tais act of bravery. Zhao was also running from the fight while the other two were actually involved in fighting and there rescues actually helped their kingdom, Dian Wei saving Cao and Zhou savin Sun Quan, both of which truly paid off. Zhao Yun unknowingly caused the end of Shu before Shu was even an empire.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:31 pm

i vote for zhao yun goingby the novel ok.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Asellas » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:49 pm

Zhou Tai.... he had the battle scar(s) that proved he went through hell to save Sun Quan and if I recal he wasn't on a horse and Zhao Yun was so he just charged and not getting hurt in order to save Liu Shan.
I like Zilong, don;t get me wrong he was a great general and one of the best fighters but a lil overrated for me. :roll:
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Sam » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:18 pm

Dian_Wei wrote:If your talking about true history then Zhao Yuns act wasnt nearly that brave. in the book it really glorifies his act. It makes it seem like Zhao broke through tens of thousands of troops and fought for his life single handedly. The real event was a couple hundred infantry men that Zhao had to break through and Zhao also had about twenty or thirty horsemen accompanying him. Nevertheless its a brave act but nowhere near the caliber of Dian Wei or Zhou tais act of bravery. Zhao was also running from the fight while the other two were actually involved in fighting and there rescues actually helped their kingdom, Dian Wei saving Cao and Zhou savin Sun Quan, both of which truly paid off. Zhao Yun unknowingly caused the end of Shu before Shu was even an empire.

Ryan wrote:Zhou Tai.... he had the battle scar(s) that proved he went through hell to save Sun Quan and if I recal he wasn't on a horse and Zhao Yun was so he just charged and not getting hurt in order to save Liu Shan.
I like Zilong, don;t get me wrong he was a great general and one of the best fighters but a lil overrated for me. :roll:

I always have a problem with this argument. Firstly, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest Zhao Yun had 20 horseman accompanying him, nor is there any evidence suggesting he fought with a single soldier. The only evidence obtainable regarding the events of Chang Ban are that which show Zhao Yun did indeed go into enemy territory in order to save Liu Shan and Liu Bei's current wife. Now, look at this from Zhao Yun's perspective, not your own. For all he knew, he could have very well been charging in to a mass of soldiers, ranging into the thousands, yet he still did so in honour of who he served. Whether he fought a mass of soldiers or not is insignificant - the fact that he charged into that territory shows an immense amount of bravery, which in my opinion most definitely rivals the deeds of both Dian Wei and Zhou Tai.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives