Zhao Yun, Dian Wei or Zhou Tai-bravest of the brave

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Whose the bravest?

Zhao Yun
46%
Zhou Tai
17%
Dian Wei
37%

Total votes : 214

Re: Zhao Yun, Dian Wei or Zhou Tai-bravest of the brave

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:31 am

what zhao yun did was very brave and a close second but I vote for zhou tai. He went out a few times into the battle without armor! dian wei was drunk and was just fighting he wasn't there knowing that he was going to die and trying to hold off an army. dian wei is overrated. zhou tai caused his lord to live several times and always kept him safe, always getting himself hurt badly in the process
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 am

Dian Wei died to save Cao Cao. i think that was very brave.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 am

Zhou Tai.. it takes courage to use your own body as a shield to defend your lord.. Zhao Yun was on horseback so he had a higher chance on surviving. Zhou Tai just came in front of Sun Quan and fought off soldiers while using his body as a shield, he couldn't have escaped it was a either survive by stamina and defeating your opponents or die situation.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:27 am

Many people might vote for dian wei because he died while being brave. He simply died trying to fight the enemy, he wasn't there knowingly holding off the army so his lord could have escaped(as far as I remember). He was still very brave but look at zhou tai he saved his lord on several occasions and plunged back into the fighting several times, and not only saved his lord but several of his war comrades as well. So he not only saved his lord, but also his allies and keeping himself alive while doing these deeds.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:07 am

The battle went against [Cao Cao], with no advantage, he fled on a light horse. Dian Wei battled at the gate preventing the traitors from entering. The troops then entered from the other gates. At the time Dian Wei had about ten or so men; they all fought a desperate battle; each fought like ten men

Dian Wei surely knew he was going to die and that it was a rearguard action
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:48 am

ya your right he most likely expected to die fighting but then again he was hung over so who knows what he was thinking :lol:
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 am

Only in the novel
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Elitemsh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 pm

I have no idea why they added the drunk idea in the novel. The feat was impressive enough in history.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Elitemsh wrote:I have no idea why they added the drunk idea in the novel. The feat was impressive enough in history.

Everything is that much more heroic when you're too smashed to walk.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Human5 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:36 am

hello Stryke. Is that dian Wei on your profile pic. it is from legends of cao cao !!! :D
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives