Zhou Yu the Great

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Zhou Yu the Great

Unread postby Zhou Zero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:31 pm

There is no greater man than Zhou Yu, both in history and in the games. Long live his will! :D
I would rather betray the world than have it betray me! -Cao Cao
Zhou Zero
Apprentice

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:33 pm

Meh, Zhou Yu isn't that great. Lu Meng is about 10 times better.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

OUTRAGED!

Unread postby Zhou Zero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:34 pm

What in the world could place Lu Meng above Zhou Yu at all? Can you compare a lion to a kitten?
Zhou Zero
Apprentice

Re: OUTRAGED!

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:42 pm

Zhou Zero wrote:What in the world could place Lu Meng above Zhou Yu at all? Can you compare a lion to a kitten?

Zhou Yu had a ton of advantages at Chi Bi. He didn't come up with the idea of the fire attack either. Also, when he battled Cao Ren at Nanjun it took a year for Cao Ren to retreat. And it was Lu Meng's plan that caused the victory for that battle. With Sun Ce, Zhou Yu did not do that much either. Lu Meng besides the battle I mentioned, took Jingzhou from Shu twice.(The second time, Lu Xun gets credit for too.) Lu Meng also caused the retreat of Cao Cao at Ru Xu by repelling his vanguard.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Zero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:46 pm

who came up with the fire attack? I thought it was either Zhuge, Zhou Yu, or that big guy that carries a club. Now, about Lu meng, tell me some other stuff that he did. I'm only through the book about 1/4 of the way ( that's a lot, really, out of 2,400 pages...) but, in my opinion, Zhou Yu is just plain cool. I've never heard much about Lu Meng except when I played the game.
Zhou Zero
Apprentice

Unread postby Zanbatou » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:49 pm

Lu Meng was a wonderful ballance of martial skill and strategy. He is at least on equal ground with Zhou Yu, if not better.
--------------------------------------------------------
All right you primitive pinheads, listen up! You see this? This is my boomstick!
Zanbatou
Academic

Unread postby Zhou Zero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:52 pm

I have one question about Lu Meng. How come all of his best stuff was attributed to others?!?!?! Could it be a lie?? Where did you people learn so much so fast about all of these people?!?!? Jeez, and I though I knew the most! My knowledge is impressive, I admit. Honestly, I only know a few things about Zhou Yu. enlighten me!
Zhou Zero
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhou Zero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:55 pm

could someone tell me what an "avatar" is? it's above my name and i Dont know what it is!!!
Zhou Zero
Apprentice

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:56 pm

Zhou Zero wrote:I have one question about Lu Meng. How come all of his best stuff was attributed to others?!?!?! Could it be a lie?? Where did you people learn so much so fast about all of these people?!?!? Jeez, and I though I knew the most! My knowledge is impressive, I admit. Honestly, I only know a few things about Zhou Yu. enlighten me!

Oh, I didn't include that I was going by SGZ, and not the novel. :) You can read the SGZ biographies of both Lu Meng and Zhou Yu(among others) at http://www.kongming.net/novel/

Some other good sites with SGZ translations are http://www.3kingdoms.net/forum/showthre ... genumber=1 and http://www.users.bigpond.com/acesc/

You can also find the SGZ of Lu Bu, Xu Sheng, Ding Feng and parts of Lu Xun and Lu Kang at the Kongming's Archive section of this board.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Zero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:57 pm

SGZ??? everyone swears by that thing in the last 5 minutes.. what is it?? what is the full name? i am reading Romances of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guangzhong!
Zhou Zero
Apprentice

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives