Zhou Yu the Great

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Zhou Yu the Great

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 pm

That could have saved Liu Bei at Yiling too.
Ma Liang: Zhuge, look at Emperor Liu's messed up formations.
Zhuge Liang: Shit! Fix it!
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Ahahaha! Fancheng, Yiling and all of the northern campaigns could have been won.

Wan Ping: Lord Zhuge Liang! Ma Su was wiped out at jieting!
Zhuge Liang: Damn it! I cc'd him on those tactics!
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Actually, Wang Ping could have ratted out Ma Su beforehand. That would have saved a lot. :lol: Also without Yiling's failure, Zhuge Liang would have had more than sufficient troops.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Striga wrote:He pulled away almost all his defences leaving a nearly empty city guarded by generals whom he'd just given a beating to in order to attack the heavily guarded Fan. :|

No he didn't. He did take away several troops but Jing was defendable if Lu Meng hadn't played so brilliantly. Or as you point out, officers Guan Yu had (threatened) a beating too
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Mi Fang had followed Liu Bei for so long, I don’t think he really deserved a beating even. I was amazed he had turned to Wu still. Then again, he did serve all three kingdoms.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Mi Fang was fairly loyal in my eyes, but he was quite flighty. A single offence and he defected. Lol.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:57 am

Striga wrote:Mi Fang had followed Liu Bei for so long, I don’t think he really deserved a beating even. I was amazed he had turned to Wu still. Then again, he did serve all three kingdoms.

The arson burned down, that is a serious crime. Guan Yu's mistake was to leave the punishment hanging, he probably did that to give Fang and Fu Shiren a chance to redeem themselves but it unsettled them.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:33 pm

An honest mistake and one with good intentions as well. What happened to those guys after they defected?

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Shen Ai wrote:An honest mistake and one with good intentions as well. What happened to those guys after they defected?

How is it a good intentioned mistake? I'm not sure there was any intention in it. It was a serious mistake and deserved punishment.

Mi Fang fought in a battle for Wu but otherwise, not much.

Edit: We are getting off topic, not sure where to move the Mi Fang discussion, maybe biggest traitor thread.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Striga » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:Well, Zhou Yu was great. :wink:

What he can have attributed to him is that he was loyal, he had great discernment of military strategy through advice, and he was a leader of men. These things can make anyone great if they do them to the best of their ability and are successful in doing so.

Then back to the topic. In the novel he was undermined, and given a horrible arrogance comparable to Guan Yu's. Was this truly his nature, as in your statement, there are no downfalls of Zhou Yu mentioned.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives