Crazy times, crazy people – the RTK Tabloids

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby James » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:02 am

Lady Wu wrote:I think Cao Cao meant to stuff himself in there as well...

Hot Girls - Cao Cao = No Fun [for Cao Cao]
Cao Cao - Hot Girls = No Fun [for Cao Cao]
Cao Cao + Hot Girls = Grand Times! [… for Cao Cao?]
Cao Cao + Hot Girls + Privacy in a Tower = Fit for a King!

I loved reading about this little scheme of Cao Cao’s. :lol:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:38 am

No one plans their retirement like Cao Cao does! (In the novel, Bronze Bird was supposed to be his retirement home.)

However, the whole thing is a bit sketchy (ok, when it comes to Cao Cao and girls, everything is sketchy)---weren't Cao Cao friends with Qiao Xuan? It seems.. uh... to have a relationship with your friend's *daughters* (by today's standards, of course).
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Xu Yuan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:32 am

Shadowlink wrote:http://www.3kingdoms.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1792
here is the link to the rtk folktale I think Mengde new book posted it before though
yeah but xu yuan that is not from sgz =/. It's just a folktale, just like zhao yun and the zhuge liang stealing zhou yu wife one

Ahem.. I saw tabloid and assumed wrong, sorry about that.

EDIT: Didn't Qiao Xuan promise his daughter's to Cao Cao though?
As you know security
is mortal's greatest enemy.

SimRTK is back up in a testing phase! Go ahead and give it a look over on the Simzhou forum branch.

http://simrtk.net/index.php
Xu Yuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lao Kong » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:30 am

LI PENG BIT HIS FINGER OFF! That's tabloid worthy...

I think his name's Li Peng. He's the doctor who conspired with Dong Cheng against Cao Cao with the Girdle Mandate.
Lao Kong
Master

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:32 am

He is called Ji Ping in the novel, the far less interesting Ji Ben in the SGZ.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Starscream » Sat May 12, 2007 6:09 am

The Curiosity of Cao Cao Turned a Head

According to the Book of Jin (Jin Shu), Xuan Di's Record, Wei Wu Di (Cao Cao's posthumous title) heard a rumour that Xuan Di (Sima Yi's posthumous title) had the ability to turn his head 180 degrees backwards like a wolf. To test the truth, he summoned Sima Yi to have a stroll with him but ordered him to walk in front. He called Sima Yi from the back and Sima Yi turned his head around and answered him without moving his entire body.

From then on, Cao Cao viewed Sima Yi as an extraordinary person and warned his son Cao Pi that, "this man is not a person who would be subservient to others, you have to be cautious towards him." Fortunately for Sima Yi, Cao Pi was friendly to him and many a times spoke in his favour; hence Sima Yi was unscathed from Cao Cao's clutches.

I heard of this tale a long time ago but forgotten where it was from. Now I've finally found it to share with everyone. :D
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat May 12, 2007 6:47 am

Starscream wrote:The Curiosity of Cao Cao Turned a Head

According to the Book of Jin (Jin Shu), Xuan Di's Record, Wei Wu Di (Cao Cao's posthumous title) heard a rumour that Xuan Di (Sima Yi's posthumous title) had the ability to turn his head 180 degrees backwards like a wolf. To test the truth, he summoned Sima Yi to have a stroll with him but ordered him to walk in front. He called Sima Yi from the back and Sima Yi turned his head around and answered him without moving his entire body.

From then on, Cao Cao viewed Sima Yi as an extraordinary person and warned his son Cao Pi that, "this man is not a person who would be subservient to others, you have to be cautious towards him." Fortunately for Sima Yi, Cao Pi was friendly to him and many a times spoke in his favour; hence Sima Yi was unscathed from Cao Cao's clutches.

I heard of this tale a long time ago but forgotten where it was from. Now I've finally found it to share with everyone. :D

Ok, this story definitely needs a picture. Sima Yi is like an owl! What a hoot!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby FuguNabe » Sat May 12, 2007 7:13 am

Very interesting. Vote Sima Yi to star in another exorcist film to cut down expense for visual effects. :lol:
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Re: Crazy times, crazy people – the RTK Tabloids

Unread postby rsetiawan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 pm

greedy stingi cao hong almost executed for refusing lend money :mrgreen:

from cao hong sgz bio...

Cao Hong’s family had been wealthy but he used to be a stingy man. When the young Cao Pi went to borrow money from him, Cao Hong refused him. As a result Cao Pi had always borne a grudge against him. So eventually, Cao Pi had Cao Hong put in jail on the pretext that one of his retainers had violated the law, and was about to have Cao Hong executed. All the officers at court pleaded for his life, but none succeeded. And so, Empress Dowager Bian said to the Empress Guo, “If Cao Hong dies today, tomorrow I shall have the Emperor depose you.” Thus the Empress, with many a tear, implored Cao Pi to spare Cao Hong. Cao Pi conceded at the end
rsetiawan
Initiate

Re: Crazy times, crazy people – the RTK Tabloids

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Zhu Huan's story is fun .I wonder how Quan was able to trust a mad man and give him a high rank .
لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives