Who is stronger, Wu or Shu?

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Who is stronger, Wu or Shu?

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Hua Tuo also wanted to cut open Cao Cao's head, didn't he? He thought he might have something in his brain (Tumor) that was causing him harm Cao Cao thought he was trying to kill him and imprisoned him which set back medical knowledge in China by centuries. Great job Cao Cao, really great...
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:39 pm

This was entirely false because of the fact that Cao Cao died soon after this, and this would be 220AD. Hua Tuo was executed in 208AD. Cao Cao had regretted the execution when Cao Chong died of illness soon after. Guan Yu’s arm was also healed by another doctor, because Fan Cheng took place in 219AD.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Ah right, lol, mixing novel with history again. I take it you watch the series? Hua Tuo still would have contributed great things to China other than castration techniques had he lived.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:48 pm

I've watched the movie by Gao Xixi, and read the book (english version). I constantly confuse the facts with the fiction as well.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Striga wrote:How is Cao Zhi's suicide outright false?

Because there is absolutely no evidence to support it? Just like there's no evidence to support that Cao Zhi had romantic feelings for Lady Zhen, or that Cao Rui was the spawn of Yuan Xi.

Striga wrote:I think it might have been a genetic illness may gotten from Lady Bian.

Eh, I doubt this. Lady Bian herself lived to be 70. If there was a genetic disease it would have affected her too.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Qu Hui wrote:
Striga wrote:I think it might have been a genetic illness may gotten from Lady Bian.

Eh, I doubt this. Lady Bian herself lived to be 70. If there was a genetic disease it would have affected her too.

First off, not my quote, secondly, not all genetic diseases are deadly and thirdly, off topic by so far. Wu and Shu --> Wei.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Striga wrote:First off, not my quote, secondly, not all genetic diseases are deadly and thirdly, off topic by so far. Wu and Shu --> Wei.

You do realize that you've been just as offtopic as me, if not even moreso, in the last three pages of discussion, right?
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Yes, I know, I just meant we're all going way off topic.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Qu Hui wrote:
Striga wrote:How is Cao Zhi's suicide outright false?

Because there is absolutely no evidence to support it? Just like there's no evidence to support that Cao Zhi had romantic feelings for Lady Zhen, or that Cao Rui was the spawn of Yuan Xi.

Lady Bian might have been a carrier for a genetic illness? Unlikely I know, but you never truly know.

Back on topic, Shu had naturally defensive land, in the later stages of it's development, it suffered from corruption from Huang Hao and Jiang Wei constantly waged war on an enemy that was too strong. Hanzhong was a Shu stronghold, but Wu would never attack from their seeing as its so out of the way. Shu also had limited usable land and also a smaller population.

Wu had very fertile land, a fairly large population and multiple rivers to utilize their excellent navy from. However, after Sun Quan's death, Wu had a huge succession battle and then the incompetent rule of Sun Hao or rather a brutal rule. They still had a larger army and more officers though. However, Zhuge Ke was along the same lines as Jiang Wei.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Due to this, only population really counted later on, but before the loss of Jingzhou, Shu had slightly more able strategists and warriors. At Yiling most of Wu's old generals died (in the novel), but Shu suffered a huge defeat.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives