Romance of the Three Kingdoms (SGYY) Purchase and Book Info

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Tirranek » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:55 pm

I was quite suprised but it looks like the 5-volume edition isn't available in the UK. I don't know why that would be, either way it means it'll have to be an oversea's purchase! It's not so bad because I think items over a certain price qualify for free shipping, which is quite a lot for an order of that weight.
Tirranek
Initiate

Unread postby Sam » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:23 am

Tirranek wrote:I was quite suprised but it looks like the 5-volume edition isn't available in the UK. I don't know why that would be, either way it means it'll have to be an oversea's purchase! It's not so bad because I think items over a certain price qualify for free shipping, which is quite a lot for an order of that weight.

If you order it express delivery, it will only take a week to arrive (presuming you live in the UK, like me) and it only costs and extra £4, if my memory serves me correctly.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Tirranek » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:11 pm

Ah a fellow Britt! Nice to meet you. :) Thanks a lot for that information, did you get yours off amazon.com? Or was a similar company in the states?
Tirranek
Initiate

Unread postby Sam » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:36 pm

Tirranek wrote:Ah a fellow Britt! Nice to meet you. :) Thanks a lot for that information, did you get yours off amazon.com? Or was a similar company in the states?

Yeah, I got mine from Amazon.com. It's the most reliable site to order books, or anything else for that matter :)
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Andrew J » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:37 pm

I orederd the book the other day, and Im from England as well. But the woman said it came in 2 parts. Am I getting a bogus one here?
Yo, yo, yo, yo, pop a 40 and check yo' rollies! It's 56 time!
Andrew J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:08 pm

Lord A.J.T. wrote:I orederd the book the other day, and Im from England as well. But the woman said it came in 2 parts. Am I getting a bogus one here?

When I ordered the five volume set it came in only one box. The only exception I can think of is if the woman can ship them with greater ease in two boxes instead of one.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:30 pm

James wrote:
Lord A.J.T. wrote:When I ordered the five volume set it came in only one box. The only exception I can think of is if the woman can ship them with greater ease in two boxes instead of one.

My five-volume edition from Amazon.com came with each volume individually wrapped in heavy plastic, in addition to a strong outer "belt" of plastic around the whole collection.
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby Kublai Khan » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:57 pm

Hey, for anyone looking to buy it, I know a personal seller who is great and his prices are always lower than Barnes and Noble.com or Amazon. If your interested, PM me and I will give you his business e-mail, if you mention my name, he may give you an even better deal. I think he has the 4volume paperback, 3 volume hardback and 5 volume library. I have bought several books from him, including my copy of Three Kingdoms and 3 volume hardback set of Outlaws of the Marsh. He sells many chinese classics, including Creation of Gods, Dream of Red Mansions and Journey to the West. He also sells the full TV series of Three Kingdoms on VCD.

Also, I am personally selling the Moss Roberts ABRIDGED version. It is hardback, 489 pages and in perfect shape. I read it one time. It cost me $50 when I ordered it from Barnes and Noble.

PM me or AIM if anyone is interested.

EDIT: The ISBN for mine is 0-520-21584-2, you can look it up on Amazon and see what it looks like. It has a beautiful cover. I am open to offers.
Sign This!
Kublai Khan
Student

Unread postby Kong Wen » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:36 am

Since James indicated in the first post that we could do this, I am going to offer my copy of Three Kingdoms for sale. Here is the info:

4 volume, paperback, Moss Roberts edition. It comes in the little 4 volume box that all the books fit into nicely. The books themselves are in perfect shape. The might have a little cover wear (and I mean a very very little). The spines are intact and the pages are all clean and unwrinkled. Even the box is in great shape.

I paid $40 US for this, so I'd like to get $30 US plus shipping. My reason for selling them is that I am planning on upgrading to the library-bound edition.

PM me or e-mail me or something if you are interested.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Dian Cou » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:37 pm

It five books does anyone know if they can be bought out of shops everyone i know who has them got them on the internet
Ifevery thing were legal there would be no crime
Dian Cou
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives