SGYYS Archives: Nominations

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

SGYYS Archives: Nominations

Unread postby James » Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:21 am

Please use this thread to suggest old San Guo Yan Yi Symposium threads that you would like to see forever preserved here in the SGYYS Archives forum. Proper candidates for this section are highly informative forms or collections of information that will always be of interest, along with excellent and informative debates that have been concluded.

Why? The San Guo Yan Yi Symposium has a large amount of threads in its history, and sometimes a few of them stand out as particularly informative and are frequently referred to. In other instances a thread may contain extensive information not normally available in English or in published books. This allows you to find them without difficulty.

To request an addition please post a topic name, and, if possible, a link and page number (so moderators can dig it up quickly). If the moderators feel it is proper for addition here, it will be moved.

Please don’t hesitate to post suggestions!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:00 am

I nominate the thread "Wu: The Lone Warrior of Chibi". I believe it's on page 15, and here is the link:

http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=543
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby James » Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:45 am

Ah, I remember this one. It is so in the archives.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Starscream » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:16 am

I nominate Jimayo's 'Little Help, Civil Ranks' thread on Page 2. It's got Dr Rafe's definitions there, quite helpful for referencing! :P
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Jimayo » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:59 am

Link

Pick proposes this thread.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby James » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:26 am

I just moved in some more great threads. It can be so hard to pick a few out of the many pages in the SGYYS. One on Wei Yan, Cao Cao, Jingzhou, and a few others. Feel free to post in them with your own view!
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jimayo » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:19 pm

I would like to nominate two of my threads.

The Great Betrayal, on Sun Quan and Jing Zhou, on page 5, and On Cao Cao and treachery on page 7.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Stefanos » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:54 am

I would like to nominated two of my own favorite threads (inspired by me, wow there is sooo much information in these threads): Followers of Shu and Han Loyalists. Jon, me, Chris, Lady Wu, and the rest of us were at each others necks in those. :)
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Jimayo » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:22 am

I'm gonna have to nominate another one of my threads. I think you know which one.
Jimayo

Unread postby James » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:38 am

Azrael wrote:I'm gonna have to nominate another one of my threads. I think you know which one.

Haha, yeah...
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives