SGYYS Archives: Nominations

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: SGYYS Archives: Nominations

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed May 14, 2008 7:08 am

Moved map thread, talent of kingdoms thread, facts about lesser known heroes thread and differences between history/novel to the archives
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Guan Yan » Wed May 14, 2008 7:17 am

Zhao Yun equal to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby hall_of_famer02 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Lifestyle of the Ancient Times
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20147
No one can stop the flow of time. But a moment captured in the frame of the heart will never disappear. That will be shown at the bottom of their hearts, and will always give off a great feeling. Sweet...and bitter.
hall_of_famer02
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Guan Yan wrote:Zhao Yun equal to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.

I suggested this one a page ago and its had two votes of support since, I still think it deserves to be moved!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby hall_of_famer02 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:50 am

Sun Fin wrote:

I suggested this one a page ago and its had two votes of support since, I still think it deserves to be moved!

I always thought it was already in the archives... I guess I shall support it as well.
No one can stop the flow of time. But a moment captured in the frame of the heart will never disappear. That will be shown at the bottom of their hearts, and will always give off a great feeling. Sweet...and bitter.
hall_of_famer02
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 am

hall_of_famer02 wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:

I always thought it was already in the archives... I guess I shall support it as well.

Maybe it is, I just thought that it would be confirmed in here that it'd been moved. I'll go check!

EDIT Hasn't been moved.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby hall_of_famer02 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:41 am

It's really been a long time since the moderators checked in here...
'Lifestyle of the Ancient Times' and 'Zhao Yun, better than Guan yu and Zhang Fei?'
hall_of_famer02
Langzhong

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 am

I was thinking about this board and realized something.

I generally go to this particular board to get generalized information. I use it for the maps thread, the online resource thread, the "RTK tabloids" thread, chronicles of the three kingdoms, etc. I basically use it for all the stickied threads.

For discussions about the 3k (debates, subjective opinions, arguments, Q&A), I usually go to the other board. Sometimes I'll want to participate in a discussion in this board, but when I do so I look in the other board first out of habit. For example, I thought the discussion on the traitorous qualities of Liu Bei and Lu Bu was in the other board. I looked there before I looked here. Sometimes it's hard to know whether discussion threads like that are in this board or the other one.

would it maybe make more sense to have this board be used for informative topics and the regular SGYY board be used for discussions? Right now it seems like the two boards overlap a lot, with no really clear separation between the two. Threads that are generating a lot of discussion shouldn't be archived, I feel, but threads that present a lot of information about the three kingdoms in an organized fashion are much more worthy of archival. That was just my thought tonight, for whatever reason.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives